PDA

View Full Version : New Player from Steam GMT -8 Pacific Standard Time

ballan4
May 15th, 2014, 22:27
Hello Everyone!

My name is Allan. I'm looking to get into some pathfinder or savage worlds games. I'd like to start off with some one shots to get a feel for the software. Then move into a group setting. I'm available most evenings and all day on Thursday's and Fridays. Right now I'm looking to play, eventually I'll move into GM'ing. I've purchased the savage worlds rule set and adventure deck. I'll be adding more to my collection soon.
Thanks a bunch and keep me in mind for your games!

damned
May 15th, 2014, 23:00
Hey ballan4 - search around for some of the extraordinarygamers posts about - https://extraordinarygamers.com - they have plenty of Savage action going on.

ballan4
May 16th, 2014, 00:37
Thanks, I will!
I'm really looking forward to playing RPG's again.

Mask_of_winter
May 16th, 2014, 00:53
Next week we got a Cyberpunk 2087 (using IZ 2.0) evening and Deadlands Reloaded the Flood on Saturday. Mine is an open table and I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk is as well. Head over to the Savage Worlds forum category as well. And follow the link in my signature. SXG runs many open table games every month.

ballan4
May 17th, 2014, 16:48
I've joined the Society. Checking the forums several posts are months old. I'll stick with it though. I was really interested in your 50 fathoms game until I saw the time. I can't make it that early. I'll keep looking for others to meet up and game with too.
Thanks!

Mask_of_winter
May 17th, 2014, 17:04
Check the calendar and show up on teamspeak that's where the action is. Forums are mainly used for announcements. We're a small group looking for players and GMs like you. Steam has brought us an influx of new members. And btw, there's another 50Fathoms game on Friday evenings. Take a look at the June schedule ;) welcome aboard and thanks for the rep!

Mask_of_winter
May 17th, 2014, 17:32
Besides, I think you havent been given full access to forums yet. You're AllanB on there right?

Andrepartthree
May 18th, 2014, 21:27
You sound pretty experienced already ballen4 (that's meant as a compliment btw ;) ) so not sure if my long-winded "for newcomers to FG" will be of much interest :P .. but if you have the patience to wade through it ;) ..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19579-Advice-for-new-FG-players

ballan4
May 19th, 2014, 04:07
I have to say that you give some excellent advice Andrepartthree. It is a lengthy but good read.

Andrepartthree
May 20th, 2014, 22:49
I have to say that you give some excellent advice Andrepartthree. It is a lengthy but good read.

thanks man :) .. FG just informed me I just got some "neutral" reputation from what I can see not sure if that was you :P .. if it was you and you were trying to give me a " thumbs up" (though possible I'm giving myself WAY too much credit by assuming such :P ) then thank you ;) ..

Trenloe
May 20th, 2014, 22:54
thanks man :) .. FG just informed me I just got some "neutral" reputation from what I can see not sure if that was you :P .. if it was you and you were trying to give me a " thumbs up" (though possible I'm giving myself WAY too much credit by assuming such :P ) then thank you ;) ..
People below a certain number of forum posts (I'm not sure what the threshold is) give 0 reputation which is shown as grey and doesn't increase your reputation score.

ballan4
May 21st, 2014, 00:22
yes, I was trying to give you the "Thumbs up", I thought I did it correctly

Ok, so from what Trenloe says, I did do that correctly but I don't have enough posts on here yet.

Thanks very much Andrepartthree!

damned
May 21st, 2014, 00:25
dont take it personally ballan4!

ballan4
May 21st, 2014, 00:42
I don't, I fully understand. It's no problem for me at all.

PuckStoper35
May 21st, 2014, 07:53
hey ballan4 check out https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Pathfinder_RPG they already have a weekly Pathfinder game set up that is ran like a mock up of pathfinder society perfect for beginners and vets alike and they run hands on tutorials of different aspects of FG. they are really fun to play with and there are enough members that you can usually find a full group to play with in a matter of hours as long as you can find a GM or if your willing to lead a game your self :)