PDA

View Full Version : Parser 3.5

Mr. Goat
May 15th, 2014, 17:42
i wonder if there is any parser for 3.5 or i can use the pathfinder one. i've got some book i would like to use so i would scan in PDF and parse it after.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2014, 17:48
i wonder if there is any parser for 3.5 or i can use the pathfinder one. i've got some book i would like to use so i would scan in PDF and parse it after.
There isn't a 3.5e parser that I'm aware of.

If the 3.5e statblock adheres to the Paizo Pathfinder statblock format then most of it will work (stuff like CMB/CMD, Perception, etc. won't). Info on the Paizo statblock here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/introduction.html

Basically, you'll probably be limited to Paizo 3.5e material to be able to use the Pathfinder parser - and even then it might not work 100%.

Mr. Goat
May 15th, 2014, 17:53
yeah i guess this would just to give another exemple skill like : listen spot search. if i must reedit whole monster gang for that purpose i will lose faith in myself XD guess i will enter them manually as they appear in the campaign

JohnD
May 15th, 2014, 18:08
I run a 3.5e game and used to run a Pathfinder game, both using the same essential adventure. I just used the PF parser and approximated things like skill rolls etc when necessary for content I generated with the parser (i.e. major NPCs, custom creatures, etc...).

damned
May 15th, 2014, 23:34
I just used the PF parser and approximated things like skill rolls etc when necessary for content I generated with the parser (i.e. major NPCs, custom creatures, etc...).

living on the edge John!

Weepdrag
September 25th, 2015, 17:47
So, if I'm reading this correctly, I will probably have to enter all my legacy D&D 1st,2nd, and 3rd edition stuff manually for class, race, etc. I have nearly every book and Dragon/Dungeon magazine from the beginning of time and still use all of them. I don't believe PF has the same races and classes, especially the ones like from Ravenloft.
Thanks for any input

Trenloe
September 25th, 2015, 18:00
So, if I'm reading this correctly, I will probably have to enter all my legacy D&D 1st,2nd, and 3rd edition stuff manually for class, race, etc.
I'd recommend you just enter the data as needed - don't build a reference library (not sure if you were referring to building a library or not). Keep referring to the books etc. as you would in a non-virtual environment, adding data as needed to the Player Character sheets, NPCs, etc..

Weepdrag
September 27th, 2015, 17:08
Thanks Trenloe, I was more wanting to get race/class information parsed for easier character creation. The actual libraries would be built as modules are created. I just didn't want to add all of the race/class info by hand.
Thanx again.