PDA

View Full Version : Question Dealing with Making Modules Using Information From Other Modules

willquestion
May 14th, 2014, 16:44
This probably best explained through an example. So I'm making a Pathfinder adventure that I plan on exporting so I can share with others if I wish. I've been dragging and dropping monsters from the Bestiary 2 & 3 modules in my library which aren't automatically included with FG. If someone uses this adventure after it's exported as a module, will they also be required to have the modules Bestiary 2 & 3 for it to work properly or is this newly created module not dependent at all with what the information originally came from?

Trenloe
May 14th, 2014, 16:54
This probably best explained through an example. So I'm making a Pathfinder adventure that I plan on exporting so I can share with others if I wish. I've been dragging and dropping monsters from the Bestiary 2 & 3 modules in my library which aren't automatically included with FG. If someone uses this adventure after it's exported as a module, will they also be required to have the modules Bestiary 2 & 3 for it to work properly or is this newly created module not dependent at all with what the information originally came from?
If you are dragging the creatures from the library modules into your campaign NPC list then the data has been copied to the campaign (not linked to the library module) and when you export your module it will include the full data - if you remember to select Personalities when you export, of course! ;)

One thing to be careful of is tokens - you can't include copyright protected tokens in your end module if you are going to distribute it. Generally, tokens that are added to creatures from token library modules are added as links, so the end users will need the token modules to be able to use them. That is the way it should work, but it is worth opening up your end module once you have exported it and checking that the actual tokens have not been added to the module - if they have, and they are copyright protected content, you will have to remove them. Links are fine though. :)

willquestion
May 15th, 2014, 00:10
Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. I guess I should not include the tokens in the export since they are pogs made from images from the Pathfinder Bestiarys.