PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder game starting right now!

PuckStoper35
May 13th, 2014, 17:01
Pathfinder game starting right now. message me or hop onto teamspeek and find tie's game. i am running a lv 1 adventure.

damned
May 13th, 2014, 22:52
Hey @PuckStope35 - how did you go?
Not too many pickup games happen at such short notic.
Lots of reasons I guess... prep time, actual play time required etc.
Did you post over at Steam too?
Keen to know how you went.
Steam players are more used to that kind of scheduling than the old timers here so Im guessing we will see more pickup games start to happen as the Steam players find their way around.

PuckStoper35
May 14th, 2014, 04:51
ya it went great we got a full party of 6 players and seem to have a steady group of 8 players ready at little to no notice surprisingly. i highly recommend steam to people looking for quick games however as a gm i did spend a few days getting ready but the players were set to go.

JerryRig
May 14th, 2014, 06:30
where is this steam place?

damned
May 14th, 2014, 13:11

Steam is over next to that Dropbox place.

damned
May 14th, 2014, 13:13
ya it went great we got a full party of 6 players and seem to have a steady group of 8 players ready at little to no notice surprisingly. i highly recommend steam to people looking for quick games however as a gm i did spend a few days getting ready but the players were set to go.

That is awesome news on all fronts.
Whilst many players here are not looking for pickup games - some are - and that wll continue to increase with gamers coming from Steam.
I am very pleased you were able to pull that off.

Did your game go well?
The other great thing about the pickup game from the GM perspective is that you can re-run the same scenario with a new group of players - you dont have to have new material every time.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2014, 15:31
Just in case this wasn't some form of banter: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690 :)

JohnD
May 14th, 2014, 15:52

Wow... that's great! I was thinking... he's going to be disappointed because that's not how games usually get going on FG, but the Steam dynamic may change that for many people.

PuckStoper35
May 18th, 2014, 19:58
That is awesome news on all fronts.
Did your game go well?
The other great thing about the pickup game from the GM perspective is that you can re-run the same scenario with a new group of players - you dont have to have new material every time.

ya the game went great it was a bit longer than i expected but the group was awesome I owe Scott more thanks than i can possibly express, he did a great job helping the new players with the UI

PuckStoper35
May 18th, 2014, 20:03
in other news this is the Steam Pathfinder group i recently started https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Pathfinder_RPG