PDA

View Full Version : Beginner - LFG that plays on Friday after 8:00 PM EST

hc1980
May 12th, 2014, 20:18
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into tabletop RPGs, but I don't have a gaming store or friends that are willing to play. My time is also very limited due to work and having little ones. I've played a few games through another VTT application, but it just didn't seem like the group was working out. That lasted maybe 3 or 4 sessions. LOL. Eventhough the group didn't work out for me, I still want to give this hobby a try. I really enjoy playing cRPG's and like watching game sessions on youtube. So, with that being said, I was wondering if there were any groups that were beginner friendly and willing to take in a complete noob. I'm open to any system, although I prefer fantasy or a cyberpunk setting.

Sunspoticus
May 12th, 2014, 23:11
Hey, I run a Cyberpunk game on alternating thursdays and besides that there's tons of games on our schedule at:

https://extraordinarygamers.com

Mask_of_winter
May 12th, 2014, 23:25
There's a 50 Fathoms and Mutants & Masterminds game on Friday evenings isnt it Steve?

damned
May 13th, 2014, 00:26
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into tabletop RPGs, but I don't have a gaming store or friends that are willing to play. My time is also very limited due to work and having little ones. I've played a few games through another VTT application, but it just didn't seem like the group was working out. That lasted maybe 3 or 4 sessions. LOL. Eventhough the group didn't work out for me, I still want to give this hobby a try. I really enjoy playing cRPG's and like watching game sessions on youtube. So, with that being said, I was wondering if there were any groups that were beginner friendly and willing to take in a complete noob. I'm open to any system, although I prefer fantasy or a cyberpunk setting.

there are a lot of reasons why a RPG group doesnt work out. mostly it requires players with similar maturities (at least in-game) and similar attitudes to role playing and roll playing.

hc1980
May 13th, 2014, 15:35
Very cool! Thanks guys.

I will check out the gaming calendar and see if there are any games that fit into my schedule. Are most of the games played via text? I think I would prefer that for now since I'm new to role playing and the thought of me acting out my character seems to be a bit daunting.