PDA

View Full Version : FG Con IV Feedback

Trenloe
May 11th, 2014, 20:30
Well, the fourth FG Con is nearly over... :(

Any people who played in a game, and were booked into that game on the FG Con website, should be receiving feedback emails on the email address registered to their account on the FG Con website. Please take time to fill these out and give us constructive feedback.

If you'd like to give further feedback, please do so in this thread.

Onward to FG Con V! :)

Blackfoot
May 12th, 2014, 19:56
First off, I was involved in 8 games during the Con, 3 that I ran and 5 that I played in, and despite being pretty tired at this point.. I had a fantastic time. I want to thank all my players and GMs and teammates and Con Coordinators for making this Con a success.

A few thoughts with regards to the web site... in no particular order.. just things I thought of while working on it.

I felt like I was doing a bit more navigation around the site than was necessary... it would be good to be able to connect a bit more directly from one thing to another.
How about a 'My Events' page that lists events you are GMing... similar to the My Bookings page.
I thought we had previously had a list on the Event pages where it showed who was signed up... maybe I'm mistaken.. but it seems like this is a good thing... lets folks sign up for games that their friends are playing in.
It would be nice if Comment notification defaulted to 'on' when you sign up for a game... I think many players were missing Comments that happened after they left the signed up.
Player/GM communication and Timing seemed to be the big issues (as usual). Obviously with a global Con these are a big deal and tricky because of language issues, timezones, DST... we need to keep streamlining this piece. I think a required TZone setting when registering would be a good idea... but some folks will still get it wrong.

Anyway.. those are my thoughts for now. Please do NOT take them as criticisms.. these are hopes for improvements... I thought everything generally went very smoothly this time around.. and I had a great time!

JohnD
May 12th, 2014, 20:07
Would be nice to have a player roster - see who is signed up for what game. Could influence people to register for a game if they see a friend is already there.

Mask_of_winter
May 12th, 2014, 23:53
As I said before, this con was an exhilarating experience for me. Great players! Wish I could have joined in on a game or two but since I ran 3 games, time was limited.

One negative thing and although it wasnt the website's fault nor mine, maybe FGCON website has a solution. Having to email several players at a time to communicate important info it seems some people didnt get emails. One of my players showed up in teamspeak and was a bit lost. Said he didnt get any emails. I think it may have been sent to his spam folder since another player said he had gotten all the emails.

I dont know if its possible but could GM's be able to email the whole group with one click from the Con's site? Or maybe just remind players to check their spam folders? Granted Damian sent us a digest which helped, otherwise you have to look up email addresses one by one, but a third of my players signed up after the digest was sent. Doing all this for one game in previous Cons wasn't so bad. Doing this for 3 games and over 15 players was my downpoint and it seems some players slipped through the cracks of mass emailing.

damned
May 13th, 2014, 00:22
@Mask_of_Winter and @Blackfoot
Making life easier for GMs is always a priority.
Making communication easier for all is my number one priority I think

Certainly some of these things could be coded. The biggest challenge is that the Events Booking system is a quite complex piece of code that is regularly updated by its developers. When we make changes to it for our needs (like TimeZone) we can no longer update the base product until after FG Con concludes. We are going to try and push the Timezone info to the Developers in the hope they might include it in a future release. I know I am going to have to do something to get the player lists - because I had to manually get all the email addresses for you - hence the delay in some of you getting them - took me some time.

@JohnD - you are looking for a participant view where they can see who is signed up and not just how many spots are signed up/free?

So the points Im getting from this are:

1. Make it easier for GM to get list of players email addresses
2. As a GM (and not an Admin) what did you see when you went to the Events Admin section? Did you see all events or just yours?
3. All logged in parties can see WHO (but not email addresses) is registered for a session
4. Force TimeZone to be set at registration (we were working on this already but obviously hadnt found the solution yet)
5. Auto subscribe to comments to events you book for
6. Am looking at having the website send auto emails to players 7, 3 and 1 days before event.... would that help?

Thanks for the feedback.

Magnatude
May 13th, 2014, 04:32
if #6... can you have the GM's able to fill in a "form" of info like Alias or IP#, GM Contact Email, and perhaps a paragraph or two for the GM's to add more information on character creation or whatever, as well as the teamspeak server info so if it send a generic it includes this info?

I also noticed it was a bit of a navigation maze to gather everyone's emails, I grouped and sent emails to all my players via Gmail, but it would be cool if the con site did this.

Blackfoot
May 13th, 2014, 05:28
if #6... can you have the GM's able to fill in a "form" of info like Alias or IP#, GM Contact Email, and perhaps a paragraph or two for the GM's to add more information on character creation or whatever, as well as the teamspeak server info so if it send a generic it includes this info?What are you looking to do with this information? I know that, as a GM, I don't want my server alias or contact email available on the Event page.
If you are thinking that these could be inserted into a generic email to send to players after they are approved.. that seems like a great idea.

I also noticed it was a bit of a navigation maze to gather everyone's emails, I grouped and sent emails to all my players via Gmail, but it would be cool if the con site did this.Gotta agree with you on this bit. I actually grabbed all my player emails as the approvals came up and dropped them into a spreadsheet... this only became complicated as add/drops happened over the course of the registration process... and then I had to get involved in the navigation maze... which is part of why I was suggesting the 'My Events' in the drop down 'Events' menu. The more we can do to make navigation more direct.. the better I think. If we can avoid having to switch to the Dashboard every time we want to see something... that would be good.

Magnatude
May 13th, 2014, 05:53
If you are thinking that these could be inserted into a generic email to send to players after they are approved.. that seems like a great idea.

Yeah, just info for the last email to be sent to the participants... yeah no way that should be public ;)

d1wright
May 15th, 2014, 15:25
#3 The previous FGCon event site DID show usernames of those accepted to the game session. I remember because I was recognizing user IDs from the forums and looking forward to playing with them.

#6 Auto emails from the event site to players with reminders and default info is a great idea.

I noticed that a number of my games had been fully booked but had folks NOT show up on game day. It may be nice to have an "overbooking" option to allow alternates if someone wanted to get all the startup info and GM contact and then lurk before a game to see if everyone showed up. Granted there were plenty of games to sign up for another one at the same time slot, but there may be a game that you REALLY want to play in.

Could the "My Bookings" page order the games by start time as well as date? It seemed that it sorted by date but my start times were often out of order depending on when I signed up for each game.

Stretch goal! Highlight the games in the "Event List" that I've signed up for? I found that I had 2 tabs open and flipped back and forth between the "Event List" of all events and "My Bookings" to see where I had time left to fit in more games.

Other than the above suggestions, I found the site easy to use and monitor. Had a great time at the con.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2014, 16:28
#3 The previous FGCon event site DID show usernames of those accepted to the game session. I remember because I was recognizing user IDs from the forums and looking forward to playing with them.
This was available in the same place in FG Con IV - you had to go to your console -> events -> bookings to see the players that were booked into the same events as you.

We didn't advertise this as a few people complained that it was "clunky" to do, so we stopped mentioning it.

We will look at some possible changes to the system for the next convention. If it is easy to do, then we'll consider doing it; if it requires a lot of messing around with the base code then it is more than likely we won't do it as it is a complete pain to migrate complex customisations from one version to the next.

d1wright
May 15th, 2014, 18:26
This was available in the same place in FG Con IV - you had to go to your console -> events -> bookings to see the players that were booked into the same events as you.

I agree this was clunky and wasn't what I saw in the last con. In the last FGCon, the user IDs were visible when you viewed the event. No gymnastics. If you could pull up that revision or the change history, you might be able to spot it and port it back in.

I believe they appeared between in the event description between the Booked/Pending/Available info and the description of the game. Wish I had an old screenshot.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2014, 19:33
I believe they appeared between in the event description between the Booked/Pending/Available info and the description of the game. Wish I had an old screenshot.
I honestly don't remember that. Anyway, it's not there now.

Again - if it is easy to enabled/put in we might consider it for the next convention.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2014, 20:04
I'm pretty sure it was there last time as d1wright says... I was disappointed to see that feature gone... how much of the Event page is custom?
I suppose if all else.. the GMs could insert the list in as Comments (which is what I did this time) or as an update to the Event Description.

Anytime you go to the 'Dashboard' the system becomes clunky. I don't know what it looks like as a player but there is a lot of navigating around in there.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2014, 20:16
Hopefully it is just an option that we missed when we had to rebuild the website. If it is missing in the current version of the events manager then we will see if it is easy to customise the event page to add this functionality back in. But, as has been mentioned before, we already do a lot of customisation to allow time zone support and it is a pain in the rear to put these customisations back into the system when there is a major upgrade to the 2 main areas we use (usually this occurs 2-3 times a year). To be perfectly honest, if we get 80-90% there and all we're missing are a few "nice to haves" that would take a lot of work to do then that is where we'll stay.

Please keep making constructive suggestions, but also please don't be insulted if we don't implement them. :)

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2014, 20:19
...(usually this occurs 2-3 times a year)...
You mean pretty much every time we run a Con. :)

damned
May 15th, 2014, 23:06
You mean pretty much every time we run a Con. :)

There is usually many more updates but we tend to only update in the prep stages for FG Con and then have to re build the customisation.
Im almost positive that there was no way for players to see who else is booked for a session in FG Con 3.

damned
May 15th, 2014, 23:29
Ok - I have added booked and pending usernames to the Event detail pages. Ill work on the formatting but the display info is there now. You can view it here: https://www.fg-con.com/fg-con/v4/

Not huge amounts of the coding is custom - just the bits we use! No, not quite. There are enough mods though that make it a factor.
Some of the features people are asking for we need to pay for.

As to the event setup part being clunky - honestly - it is a little but think about all the info that is required - what info are you entering that isnt required?

We are seriously considering for next event that Team FG Con will enter the game details for the GMs to ensure 100% consistency - we will create a simpler form for you to complete and we will deal with the clunky.

About - overbookings - this puts further onus on GMs to communicate often and regularly - if we allow over bookings you must also email over-bookings a couple of hours beforehand and at start time to inform them in/out.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2014, 05:55
Ok - I have added booked and pending usernames to the Event detail pages. Ill work on the formatting but the display info is there now. You can view it here: https://www.fg-con.com/fg-con/v4/
This looks great... the only thing I might suggest is using User names instead of actual names for privacy purposes... but otherwise this looks like just the thing.

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2014, 08:13
Is it time for FGCON V yet? :D

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2014, 08:19
Let's try and avoid Family oriented Holidays next time... they tend to get gamers into trouble... even so we had a good turn out.

jshauber
May 31st, 2014, 14:51
Let's try and avoid Family oriented Holidays next time... they tend to get gamers into trouble... even so we had a good turn out.

Agreed.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2014, 20:55
We'll do our best - but it is very hard to avoid weekends without a special event in certain countries (it wasn't Mother's Day in every country) or that doesn't include a daylight savings change. Someone, somewhere, usually has to miss out...

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2014, 22:02
Certainly true.

Did we get any statistics on where and when we were reaching people with this go around? Obviously we have a bit more draw in English speaking countries.. not that there is any intent to exclude other ones.. but since the boards are primarily in English.. it's much easier to draw from those areas. I know there were a few more games into the 'all hours' range this time around... although we still had certain times that were MUCH stronger than others. Can we get a picture of which time zones players are in so that we can schedule accordingly next time around?

damned
June 1st, 2014, 03:09
With the influx of new players and interest arising from Steam it would be good to capitalise on this with another FG Con sooner but Trenloe and I are not quite ready to do it just yet. Possibly after the next one we might move to a 4 month schedule but we still have a fair few things to implement from the last FG Con.

Far and away the players were still mostly from North America, the UK and Australia but there were smatterings of players from other parts of Europe and Asia too.

Not everyone has entered TZ data in their profiles still! We are working to make this a login requirement... There are over 300 registered participants - closer to 400 in fact. But we had only around 150 actual participants in FG Con 4. We will be sending out semi regular updates via newlsetter and working at a better integration of the TZ settings into Events Manager. I think the timing of events was fine. We still had a few more events that didnt quite get the numbers but we still ran a lot more sessions than FG Con3. Thursday was a wash in my opinion. We only had 2 events run on the Thursday - on in AUS TZ and one in UK TZ.

Magnatude
June 1st, 2014, 03:28
Well us GM's should capitalize on the forums, especially on the Steam Forums for announcements, I've seen games making announcements via developers, Perhaps Doug could pop one up (Steam startup popups) with an announcement of FG going Ultimate for free during the Con time.

Blackfoot
June 1st, 2014, 03:32
Thursday was a wash in my opinion. We only had 2 events run on the Thursday - on in AUS TZ and one in UK TZ.
Actually, because of relative Time Zones.. your data is a bit skewed on this. I actually ran a game here in the US on Thursday.. and I am not sure that I was the only one... keep in mind that Thursday doesn't start until half a day later here than it does where you are... so our Thursday is your Friday. :)

This is of course where the whole thing becomes confusing. :S

damned
June 1st, 2014, 03:47
Actually, because of relative Time Zones.. your data is a bit skewed on this. I actually ran a game here in the US on Thursday.. and I am not sure that I was the only one... keep in mind that Thursday doesn't start until half a day later here than it does where you are... so our Thursday is your Friday. :)

This is of course where the whole thing becomes confusing. :S

Even the UK event was on my Friday :) Sorry I missed your event in my count! Did you think the extra day was worthwhile? Fizban made good use of it running his 3 part event over Thu/Fri/Sat.

damned
June 1st, 2014, 03:47
Well us GM's should capitalize on the forums, especially on the Steam Forums for announcements, I've seen games making announcements via developers, Perhaps Doug could pop one up (Steam startup popups) with an announcement of FG going Ultimate for free during the Con time.

What is a Steam popup?

Blackfoot
June 1st, 2014, 03:57
Even the UK event was on my Friday :) Sorry I missed your event in my count! Did you think the extra day was worthwhile? Fizban made good use of it running his 3 part event over Thu/Fri/Sat.

I'm not sure. My Thursday event was full so that wasn't an issue, but it seemed like there was a much more limited time frame than on the weekend days... There were a ton of events in that one slot.. Saturday afternoon? 3pm US Eastern Time... I think... 5am Sunday in Melbourne... that was when the most events were scheduled... for whatever reason that was the time the GMs picked. The slot after that was also very strong. With all the others being varying degrees of 'less so'.
Was that a response to players or just the GM availability? I'm guessing more so the latter than the former... but obviously.. without GMs there are no games at all.

Trenloe
June 1st, 2014, 16:29
Other than the organised PFS games we don't specify any slot times to GMs. We recommend GMs look at the currently booked events and work their game in around those (overlapping 2 games is the worst as this reduces the games the players can go to). As we have GMs all over the world and GMs who run different length games, we don't think it is a good idea to have hard-fast slot times so it remains up to the GMs when they book their event. I don't see this changing.

Very few GMs changed their event time once it was booked.

Magnatude
June 1st, 2014, 17:49
What is a Steam popup?

When you first open steam, steam will load a popup window featuring any latest updates to a program or a new game. This is also included on the FEATURED games on the front window of steam on the store. (it cycles the latest games or those with new features).
I've seen games do the "FREE Weekend of Civ V" or "FREE Weekend of Left 4 Dead"...
This will show on both Website (non-popup) but on the rotating marquee, and on the Steam App both popup and rotating marquee. Good advertising.

Blackfoot
June 1st, 2014, 19:22
Other than the organised PFS games we don't specify any slot times to GMs. We recommend GMs look at the currently booked events and work their game in around those (overlapping 2 games is the worst as this reduces the games the players can go to). As we have GMs all over the world and GMs who run different length games, we don't think it is a good idea to have hard-fast slot times so it remains up to the GMs when they book their event. I don't see this changing.
This is what I was suggesting I guess, that GMs, in general, try and pay more attention to the dynamic of the overall Con... at least the ones who are running multiple games and are heavily involved. Obviously those who only have specific slots that they CAN run in will only and should only run in those times.. but if they have some leeway then certainly some planning based on selecting lower volume times slots would be a good thing for creating more game availability.

I wonder if, from the statistics we do have, we could determine any sort of saturation point for different times. Personally, I had an almost completely full Con run. I played in 5 games and ran 3 (All of them Full.. but 1 no show due to schedule confusion), if one of the GMs hadn't been in a car accident I would have played in one more! (Hopefully she's doing better) and obviously there were plenty of games for me to choose from but I did register early. I moved the game I had scheduled for Thursday Afternoon (US Eastern Time) to Sunday Night because of low player availability (BTW, there was LOTS of interest in Sunday Night and I was the only game on the Schedule) ... although I did have players who signed up and then dropped for the Thursday Slot.

Would it be generally 'good' for us to talk about game slots in the terms we were using for PFS? Slot 1 - 4? At least then we are all talking the same language when we refer to these things.

I guess there is the question of WERE all the games on Saturday for Slots 3 and 4 full? If they were.. we should have scheduled MORE games in those slots! If they weren't.. then less... kinda like that.

Slot 1Slot 2Slot 3Slot 4
Primetime AustraliaPrimetime Australia
Primetime UKPrimetime UK
Primetime USPrimetime US

Trenloe
June 1st, 2014, 19:49
We've always deliberately shied away from using time slots for general games as we don't want to restrict GMs into a structure that doesn't work for them with their session plans for their game (session length) and for their timezone. GMs should want to run a game how they want to, rather than feel shoe-horned into a rigid structure.

For the next convention it will more than likely be that events will be entered by con admins - GMs will fill out a few fields in a form and submit them to the con admins. For later event submissions the con admins can look at the current schedules and have a dialogue with the GM to make suggestions on minor time changes. We will also consider posting some recommendations on the event submission form to suggest times for the GM to select for their event.

Other than that, we don't want this to be too complex and too restrictive for GMs. We rely on the volunteer GMs to make the convention - with a big increase in those turning out to run games in FG Con IV, we don't want to jeopardise that...

There will always be events that don't fill up for whatever reason and there will always be popular time slots. We can roughly predict both but will never truly know until the actual convention. If we start adding events at popular times or changing event times close to the convention we run the risk of players cancelling one session and moving to another - we saw this at FG Con IV and it resulted in at least one session that I am aware of being cancelled.

We'll see what FG Con V brings, keep monitoring how things go and check feedback from the community - which can be very fickle once the rubber hits the road! ;)

damned
June 2nd, 2014, 02:07
Because PFS has so many tables and because many players (and GMs) are involved in multiple sessions the set times works really well. Im sure there are some players and GMs though who might have to do some adjusting to RL to fit those table slots. There is no way to accomodate everyones needs perfectly.

As part of the organising team and wanting things to be organised I truly do see the value in the fixed timeslots but just as much I see the medium (internet + fantasy grounds + worldwide participant pool) lending itself to people being able to schedule games into the slot that best suits them. If people schedule a session at a time that doesnt attract players then they have an opportunity to reschedule the event.

Without players we have no FG Con. But before we have players we need GMs so my preference is to make it as flexible for the GM as possible firstly and then for the players :)

That doesnt mean we are not listening to all of your comments and feedback :)

There are definitely times that are more attractive to both GMs and Players. We could include that info on the GM Event registration forms as a guide. With more games being run we did have much better coverage around the clock especially once we got into Saturday.

Blackfoot
June 2nd, 2014, 02:59
Really.. that's what I'm trying to say.. if we can make use of the statistics we can gather from the last Con to better inform GMs as to when are the best times to schedule games... that'd be great.

Also agreed that GMs need to schedule slots when they can, but if they CAN work with a loose schedule ... that too will improve the amount of overlap between games. We know that the more slots a game overlaps, the more games that will not be accessible to the players who play in it. As coordinators it is our obligation to give the GMs as much information as possible so they can make the best decisions they can about when to schedule their slots, obviously after that point it is up to them.

borusa32
June 7th, 2014, 10:04
I ran a very niche game and was delighted that I had a couple of players.
To quote The Knights of the Dinner Table: 'The Game Must Go On'
What I was wondering about was this: Is there any mileage in having a specific mini-con for non Fantasy genre games -maybe an SF weekend?

damned
June 7th, 2014, 16:20
I ran a very niche game and was delighted that I had a couple of players.
To quote The Knights of the Dinner Table: 'The Game Must Go On'
What I was wondering about was this: Is there any mileage in having a specific mini-con for non Fantasy genre games -maybe an SF weekend?

Hey borusa32 - i think the idea has merit but by the same token if we are running an event we may as well run everything... i know that it feels like the PFS stuff crowds everything else out but in reality PFS was approx 40% of the sessions so there were still a lot of other things going on. We had 49 sessions published at one point but I think only 41 went ahead. I think we will crack 50 sessions at GF Con 5 and I would love to see more of the niche games being run. I see a lot of the new players are looking for games other than Pathfinder so there is hope yet! I personally play Castles&Crusades - so whilst still fantasy its not Pathfinder/PFS.

damned
June 7th, 2014, 16:21
dupe post...

Blackfoot
June 7th, 2014, 17:08
The advantage the PFS stuff has is that it is pathfinder society ORGANIZED play. That tends to be why it's more organized than other stuff... and why there tends to be more of it. Members of the group are heavily involved in the organization of the Con and in making the whole thing happen. Does that mean that those same members aren't promoting, running, and playing in other games and rulesets? Absolutely not... but I think before we could go about organizing a Con that catered specifically to other genres and/or rulesets... some of those other groups would need to get 'organized'. :)
Honestly though.. joking aside.. there was a large push for Savage Worlds games at FGCon IV. (I'm not sure if they all came off or not) Which I thought was great, I don't know if those guys were organizing themselves or if it just worked out that way. Communicate with the community in the area where you want to see more action, run some games, make it happen. That's what I do. I've been running 3 games a Con for .. well ... 4 Cons.. and I play in as many games as I can. This thing is growing and growing.. but if you want to organize a bunch of games that cater to a specific group. Go for it!
Damned's estimate about breaking 50 games is a small increase IMO... but it all depends on who is organizing what... and the whole thing only happens if GMs are running games.

Magnatude
June 7th, 2014, 17:18
I think if Doug utilizes the Steam advertising for the CON, we will get a HUGE turnout next con.

I do plan on running a Battletech/MechWarrior scenario for FGV and a couple of C&C games.

damned
June 8th, 2014, 01:17
Yeah - the FG Con thing is slowly building its own momentum and Steam has added a nice wave of new blood into the community. Im really looking forward to the next FG Con!

damned
July 27th, 2014, 23:17
FG Con 5 - Dates Announced

FG Con 5 will run from Friday evening 17th October AEST until Midnight Sunday 19th October PDT.

The first FG Con was held almost exactly 2 years ago running from 20th-22nd July 2012. FG Con has come a long way since then. The first FG Con was organised completely on the Fantasy Grounds Forums and Game Calendar along with spreadsheets managed by Blackfoot and wbcreighton to coordinate games across timezones.

While lots has changed many things remain the same!

• FG Con is a 100% online Convention using Fantasy Grounds

• FG Con is community organised and run

• Totally Free for Players

• Full and Steam licenses get upgraded to Ultimate for FG Con

• Community TeamSpeak server for all games (thanks Mellock)

• Game choice and timing is completely up to GMs (PG/13)

• Players and GMs from all over the world

• Organised gaming from the Pathfinder Society (with Paizo support) and Savage Worlds from the Society of Extraordinary Gamers

• Wide spectrum of games available

FG Con 5 delivers a fun and dynamic convention-like gaming experience for Players and GMs to play your favourite RPGs and meet other like minded gamers. Participants can enjoy a wide variety of games and genres.

FG Con 5 will be managed and run from the FG Con Website (https://www.fg-con.com/). We are planning to break 50 sessions at FG Con 5 and showcase a wider variety of games. We are talking to several publishers about providing some small prizes and incentives.

Important Dates

• 26/07/2014 GM Game registration opens

• 23/08/2014 Player registration opens

• 16/10/2014 Player registration closes for most sessions

• 17/10/2014 FG Con 5 begins!

• 19/10/2014 FG Con 5 finishes

All interested GMs and Players can register for FG Con 5 now by visiting the website (https://www.fg-con.com/wp-login.php?action=register)and choosing Login -> Register (https://www.fg-con.com/wp-login.php?action=register). That way you will also receive our FG Con newsletter and any FG Con updates by email.

For any one thinking about running a session as a GM at FG Con 5 feel free to drop us an email with any questions you might have: [email protected]

Keep reading here - FG Con 5 Dates Announced (https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/fg-con-5-dates-announced/)

damned
January 27th, 2015, 12:46
Woot!
FG Con 6 dates have been announced!
April 17th-19th 2015.

View the latest FG Con newsletter here: https://www.fg-con.com/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=25

FG Con 6 will run from Friday evening 17th April (Aus and NZ) thru until late on Sunday 19th (US and Canada). Thats nearly 70 hours of great games on offer for players to participate in, 70 hours for GMs to show case their latest creations and for everyone to meet new people and plan great and heroic adventures!

GM registration officially opens on February 2nd - we are just finalising some coding updates. Many of you will already know the drill and we hope to see a bunch of new GMs joining in the fun for this great event. Once again SmiteWorks have agreed to promote all Full Licenses to Ultimate for the duration of FG Con opening the games up to more GMs and Players!

Players - you cant sign up for games just yet - player registration will open on February 28.

Some of the highlights of FG Con 5 -

We ran 48 sessions - thats 23% more than FG Con 4.
We had over 280 bookings which is almost 50% more than FG Con 4.
We ran our first hangout sessions and recorded them live onto Youtube. The 4 Hangout Sessions were for new Players and GMs and can be found here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/fg-con-hangout-recordings/
18 Pathfinder Society Events
Games in Swedish and German
Over 20,000 visits to the https://www.fg-con.com site

damned
September 23rd, 2015, 06:37
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/fgcon7-banner4.jpg

Woohoo! FG Con 7 is open for player registrations. 25 sessions posted already and now taking bookings!
I have 16 more GM sessions in the works and I know there are others coming too.

GMs dont be shy - run a game and share your RPG talents with players new and old!
Players - spread the word - invite a friend - try something different!

If you are considering running a game but are hesitant for any reason drop me a PM and we'll see if we can help you out.

There is a loose Fright Night! theme but its completely open to the GMs what they run. Im running a some Investigative Cthulhu and some old school Fantasy Hack and Slash!

If you want some signature banners Ive made up a few here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/h73p3embzqnnbow/fg-con-7-signatures.txt?dl=0