PDA

View Full Version : Recap of Rolemaster game at Fantasy Grounds VirtuCon 2014

OTG_Wraith
May 11th, 2014, 16:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMirZkTSaC0&feature=youtu.be

damned
May 11th, 2014, 23:42
Recap? Thats 4hrs! Hope you had lots of fun :)

OTG_Wraith
May 12th, 2014, 00:22
It's a very detailed recap? :)

jboyd4650
May 12th, 2014, 03:35
can't wait to sit and watch it. Shame i couldn't be there. :)

Andraax
May 12th, 2014, 04:10
Ignore some of my stupid comments. ;-)

damned
May 12th, 2014, 05:03

Now Im getting tempted to watch it...

Dakadin
May 12th, 2014, 05:13

Yeah I think we all had those moments. :)

Ardem
May 12th, 2014, 08:47
Kewl I was hoping to listen in on this however I forgot about Mothers Day, so was unable to check it out. Glad I can listen.

Skellan
May 12th, 2014, 14:40
omg my dulcet tones :o

jshauber
May 12th, 2014, 17:28
Going to listen later, but I am sure you all had fun with it. Sorry I missed it, but the PFS game I was running at the same time went swimmingly well and was a lot of fun.

Next FG CON will probably be when the weather isn't so nice and I won't be scrambling to get all the yard work done before sitting down at the computer, thus I should have time to play and ref!!!

Dakadin
May 13th, 2014, 07:58
Here are some brief stats:

The party consisted of 5 PCs (2 fighters, ranger, rogue, and magician). We finished 5 combats in 4 1/2 hours.

There were 4 weapon fumbles. The unfortunate ranger had 3 of them with one of them occurring because he lost his "wind". I figured that indicated he passed gas and we played it that way :p. The other one broke one of the fighter's bows. If I remember correctly it was on his first shot with the bow during the boss fight.

The magician tried to speed up a sleep spell because things were looking bad and failed the spell which stunned him for 6 rounds. This made a TPK seem very likely. Fortunately the entire party survived and stopped the menace.

There were a few memorable criticals. There was a crushing head blow that killed an opponent, a piercing attack to the head that killed another opponent and one of the tougher NPCs got his leg cut off before dying 9 rounds later.

All in all it was a pretty typical Rolemaster session except I still marvel at how fast you can run combat using FG.

Skellan
May 13th, 2014, 12:13
It was a lot of fun. Fantasy Ground makes Rolemaster much quicker and easy to play. Its also worth mentioning that it would have gone even faster if it wasn't for me asking questions all the time :)

Dakadin
May 13th, 2014, 19:25
No worries with that. I don't mind questions at all and it tends to be more fun as you learn how things work so you can make better decisions.

It was great finally getting to play with you Skellan. :)

Senoj
May 14th, 2014, 01:57
Fight number 4 that almost ended in a tpk made the boss fight seem almost anti-climatic. All of us were receiving penalties due to injuries. Some of us had bandages that were about to burst. Glad the first shot on the boss was a stunner.

And I did not break wind. I stepped on something.

Dakadin
May 14th, 2014, 05:13
Fight number 4 that almost ended in a tpk made the boss fight seem almost anti-climatic. All of us were receiving penalties due to injuries. Some of us had bandages that were about to burst. Glad the first shot on the boss was a stunner.

Good point. I forgot about that great arrow critical on the large critical table which stunned the boss for 3 rounds and the next shot which almost took him out. The rest of the fight was pretty easy after that.

And I did not break wind. I stepped on something.

And you keep telling yourself that. :p

It was great playing with you. Hopefully we will get another chance soon.