borusa32
May 10th, 2014, 16:09
I run a Gurps: Prime Directive game at 8pm Uk time on Saturdays

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 06:42
can we got some more info about this?

Valarian
May 11th, 2014, 08:35
Three missions in, Lt Suvak and Lt Kendrick are starting to make a name for themselves in the ranks of the Prime teams.

So far, we've defeated the Nomad probe, captured a Klingon intelligence officer and are currently investigating a hush-hush event, which is possibly messing up the time line. The artifact in question looks suspiciouly like a mid-20th century tv series known as the time tunnel.

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 08:37
that sounds kinda awesome... is there room for a noob? also what rulesets and whatnot is required to play with ya'll?

MMOaddicted
May 11th, 2014, 08:57
the ruleset will automatically download once you connect to the server for the first time. you just need to read the rules.

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 08:58
awesome ^-^ thought i had to go buy like a million different rulesets ^-^

MMOaddicted
May 11th, 2014, 09:11
Nah iirc that one is one of Valarian's own brews so it's free. He also created a great numenera ruleset. but if it's not one of his or another member's of the community then it'll probably be paid. let me check yep gurps is community so free.

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 09:14
awesome ^-^ but yeah if you guys don't mind a noob id love to join ya ^-^

icd70
May 14th, 2014, 00:27
I'm interested too. I'm new to gurps but I'm a fast read :)

Valarian
May 14th, 2014, 08:20
Nah iirc that one is one of Valarian's own brews so it's free. He also created a great numenera ruleset. but if it's not one of his or another member's of the community then it'll probably be paid. let me check yep gurps is community so free.
GURPS isn't one of mine. One of the other evil GMs out there did it.

Valarian
May 14th, 2014, 08:23
There's a GURPS 4 primer (GURPS Lite) on Steve Jackson's e23 store. For those who wish to join and aren't familiar with GURPS.
https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/Lite/

fatalnightshade
May 14th, 2014, 14:21
just went and downloaded the file ^-^

Andraax
May 14th, 2014, 18:57
Still looking for players?

borusa32
May 14th, 2014, 19:58
Absolutely-always room for more players.
I tend to keep the game calendar entry reasonably updated. We will next be playing on 24 May . Happy to go with pre gens for you or can design own characters.
Let me know.
We currently have an ex cop and a Vulcan . The team also has a ( currently NPC) Pellarian engineer/marine type ( Pellarians are a bit like your jovian high G grav type genome) and a Deiann female Doctor who sort of had a bit of an encounter with some non consensual cybernetic augmentation so she looks a bit like Jerry Ryan.Deianns are the Starfleet Universe versions of Deltans like Lt Iliya but they have hair.

Andraax
May 14th, 2014, 20:58
Seeing if I can find my GURPS Prime Directive stuff so I can make up a character... :-)

Valarian
May 14th, 2014, 21:11
Looks like we may be going from 2 players to 5. Almost got the bridge crew for my next promotion. Expecting a frigate or destroyer command here.

Andraax
May 14th, 2014, 22:03
Oh, 2 questions: Where can I get the ruleset you use (so I can make my character ahead of time), and how many points should I use for my character?

borusa32
May 14th, 2014, 23:00
The ruleset for Gurps can be found in the community rulesets page and I am mainly using the Gurps PD 4th edition corebook. I supplement this with full Gurps rules.We play in a universe that is pretty much the Star Fleet Universe but there are some ships from the Fasa verse in there.
Our campaign uses 125 point starting characters but I shoved a few more points in there to round things up so start with 140 poi8nts.

Andraax
May 14th, 2014, 23:19
Forgot one question: What is the base tech level in your campaign?

icd70
May 14th, 2014, 23:48
I'm getting the rule set now and am reading up I'll also take a stab at creating a char. I applied for the Europe board so as soon as I'm excepted I'll apply on the event calendar.

borusa32
May 15th, 2014, 20:52
Tech level is 12 : main era for SFU: the game is set in Y170 just before the outbreak of the General War.

Andraax
May 16th, 2014, 00:16
Here's a first pass, let me know if it's acceptable and I'll finish fleshing it out...

https://s3.silent-tower.org/PrimeDirectiveCharacter.pdf

borusa32
May 16th, 2014, 07:54
That looks good-maybe you could have met Shawn's character previously-he was also a Fed Marshall in his former life.
You would have undergone transfer training at Prime Central before the game starts.

Valarian
May 16th, 2014, 08:31
Are the current NPCs (GM characters) in as character sheets. I'm wondering if those less familiar with GURPS could just take one of those characters for this current adventure, and then have help creating their own for the next one.

borusa32
May 16th, 2014, 23:34
They are all in Gurps Character Assistant 4 format so easily converted to PCs in the ruleset.

Andraax
May 17th, 2014, 00:56
PM me your email address so I can send you my character file.

borusa32
May 17th, 2014, 13:54
If anyone wants the sheets for the NPCs -Procya Atrennar ( Deiaan) and Raxtarox ( Pellareian) I have those either as GCA 4 files or RTF files.

Valarian
May 24th, 2014, 20:11
@fatalnightshade & icd70 - the server is running for tonight's game (Borusa32 GM).

borusa32
May 30th, 2014, 22:21
I changed the game calendar to BST so hope that sorts out any time errors-sorry

Andraax
May 30th, 2014, 23:20
Yup, now it's showing the correct time for my location.

borusa32
May 31st, 2014, 09:52
jolly good-sees ya laters

borusa32
June 1st, 2014, 08:12
I am going to put everyone's main character in GCA . Please let me know if you would like the resulting GCA file or text export version.

borusa32
June 1st, 2014, 10:32
I already have Ian's character and some NPCs in that format so I will update as advancement occurs.

I am dreadful at remembering the advancement points. For last night's session there are 2 points each.
Also when we get back to the Proteus Kendrick has been tasked with attempting to discover whether the files that Dr Prospero has presented to the Federation have been falsified in any way.

borusa32
June 6th, 2014, 19:44
Guys: could you let me know if you are ok for tomorrow night's ( 7 June) session. I think Mario has other things and I am thinking of bailing tomorrow and re listing for 14 June but just need feedback. I'll update the calendar.

borusa32
June 7th, 2014, 16:20
Ok gang-we'll have a continuance on tonight's session and carry on next Saturday ( 14 June). Hope you guys are all ok.

Hector Trelane
June 11th, 2014, 21:44
Is this still a live offer open to new players? I'm interested as well, and I'm an old GURPS (3rd edition) player... I'm US East Coast, which is either GMT-5 or -4, so the Saturday timeslot can work for me, in particular if it's a three-hour session.

Thanks

borusa32
June 13th, 2014, 07:44
Yes,of course-we are using the Gurps 4e ruleset. You would be very welcome.
Could you tell me what sort of character you would like to play?

Peter

Hector Trelane
June 13th, 2014, 18:26
I am flexible as to character choice, and I'd pick a role and background that would mesh well with the group you have underway. That said, I like to come up with a quirky story-driven concept, so I'd love to learn more about the PCs, setting, and current situation to get my creative wheels turning.

For Y170 and The General War, is this timeline is a good source?: https://www.starfleetgames.com/sfb/sfin/general_war.htm

borusa32
June 13th, 2014, 21:26
Yes,that's pretty much it timeline wise. At the moment we have a couple of ex Federation Marshalls and a medic type who are prime team members. We have ,sadly, lost one of the players who was running a Vulcan science type and there are a couple of NPCs.
Prime Teram members would have undergone training at Prime Central-a training facility on Earth's Moon.
One option for a new character arises from the team's current location-they have been propelled through time to the Year Y 80 and are onboard a Deadalus Class cruiser; the USS Proteus posing as crew members from that era.You might be a character from the Proteus.

borusa32
June 14th, 2014, 19:26
the server alias is :

tiny luck zany bard

Hector Trelane
June 15th, 2014, 21:49
One option for a new character arises from the team's current location-they have been propelled through time to the Year Y 80 and are onboard a Deadalus Class cruiser; the USS Proteus posing as crew members from that era.You might be a character from the Proteus.

I like it. I could make an early pro-Federation character who's been a voice for a strong United Star Fleet -- perhaps this would be a diplomat or a command character. If that doesn't fit the power level, I could be the son of such a character (from an officer or diplomatic family that has been pro-Federation), perhaps a bit on the militant or strong-central-power side. He can be a science officer ambitious to advance Federation military tech, perhaps because his family underwent losses (or battle scars) in the First Federation-Romulan War of Y40.

Here's a link to a more complete timeline, including the lead up to Y80: https://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/Timeline.pdf

borusa32
June 19th, 2014, 18:49
I have an NPC who would make a good PC for this campaign-he is the exec on board the USS Proteus and has already made contact with the other player characters. If you like this idea are you ok to roll him up-are you ok to play this Saturday-21 June 2014.

Hector Trelane
June 21st, 2014, 05:53
I have an NPC who would make a good PC for this campaign-he is the exec on board the USS Proteus and has already made contact with the other player characters. If you like this idea are you ok to roll him up-are you ok to play this Saturday-21 June 2014.

Family events (graduation, wedding) for the next two weekends will keep me out until July 5, I'm afraid. Can I join you then? The exec on the Proteus sounds fine, unless the story has moved on by then.

borusa32
June 21st, 2014, 13:13
That's fine-I think the current scenario has 2 or possibly 3 more sessions

Hector Trelane
July 2nd, 2014, 22:59
Hello Borusa32--are you planning to play this Sat July 5, and can I join you? I'd be happy to make use of your NPC for the initial session, or can write up a new PC if you prefer.

Thanks!

borusa32
July 5th, 2014, 11:37
Yep-playing tonight and will be glad to have you aboard

borusa32
July 5th, 2014, 11:40
Hector -when you log in could you select the character of Suvak-he's a Vulcan PC who is now going free.

Hector Trelane
July 5th, 2014, 18:44
Hector -when you log in could you select the character of Suvak-he's a Vulcan PC who is now going free.

Will do!

Hector Trelane
July 5th, 2014, 19:44
Any voice chat server instructions?

Hector Trelane
July 5th, 2014, 21:53
Fun run tonight--thanks!

borusa32
July 8th, 2014, 23:12
Thanks-I had fun too.
Not sure about this Saturday-social event-have to show face-might need to have a postponement-will advise via calendar

Hector Trelane
July 9th, 2014, 02:18
Okay, thanks

Hector Trelane
July 14th, 2014, 05:08
Are we on for July 19?

Andraax
July 14th, 2014, 20:21
Are we on for July 19?

Well, I'm the only one who answered "Yes" on the game calendar last time I checked...

borusa32
July 15th, 2014, 18:55
We are all up for 19 July-Shawn indicated that he was ok with it so I am assuming it is a go.

borusa32
July 25th, 2014, 20:15
Hope all ok-I think the current scenario has maybe two sessions left.
After that I was wondering if people might be interested in a short one off scenario before resuming Prime Directive-no more than two or three sessions as a Summer Season interlude-still Gurps but something in a different genre.
Let me know and if you like the idea let me know any genre you absolutely don't want to do . Also any genre you particularly want to play.Let me know.

Hector Trelane
July 26th, 2014, 07:39
Rome or Celtic Myth would be interesting. I have both GURPS (3rd Edition) sourcebooks (hard copies). In a future life, I'd love to run a campaign of legionnaires who start in Rome, the rational center where all are civilized (they think), thenmake their way to the Celtic fringe, where things get crazy and hairy (literally)...

borusa32
July 26th, 2014, 09:11
I have Imperial Rome 3e and am fond of the setting. I ran a Cthulhu Invictus scenario for last year's Fg Con and could happily run a quick Rome /fantasy thing.

borusa32
August 1st, 2014, 18:29
Shawn can't make tomorrow so I was wondering about a quick session to have a discussion with the main game to continue on August 9

Hector Trelane
August 1st, 2014, 20:16
That's fine. I'm out tomorrow and Aug 9 both, unfortunately, due to vacation ("holiday") travel. Sorry to miss out.

borusa32
August 2nd, 2014, 07:36
No worries-hope you have a good break

borusa32
August 16th, 2014, 08:47
Part 2 of the Interlude tonight-I think it will go three parts. Hope to see you all later

borusa32
September 14th, 2014, 09:19
Dear all

The Gurps: Prime Directive Campaign is going on hiatus .Gurps on Saturday Nights will mutate into Gurps:Infinite Worlds Campaign and I will be posting up a new thread in the next day or so.
One day we might catch up with the Prime Team.
Meantime:thanks to everyone who played in this.:o

Hector Trelane
September 14th, 2014, 22:06
Okay, thanks for GMing the sessions, borusa! They were quite fun. Keep us posted when you will resume.

borusa32
September 16th, 2014, 07:42
Very soon I think-I have put up a calendar entry and will shove a date or two in it.