PDA

View Full Version : looking for a fun group

fatalnightshade
May 10th, 2014, 18:58
hello ^-^

I'm looking for a group to play with and I'm honestly willing to learn any ruleset and don't really have a preference whether its sci-fi. fantasy or modern... I'm fairly new to fantasy grounds and really hope to get a open minded group of people to play with who is okay with me being a little slow till i get the hang of things other than that id say I'm fairly decent at roleplaying but of course always willing to improve and yet again hope to get to join a group of people who is willing to help me improve and become better ^-^

gotta admit not really sure what to write about myself other than that I'm a generally friendly guy that loves to have fun, I'm a generally mature guy through I do come with my fair share of not completely children safe jokes and innuendos and who can generally take a joke most the time unless i stated otherwise. Which does happen occasionally ^-^ oh also if anyone have any other questions about me feel free to ask them ^-^ I'm generally open about anything

I'm mostly available from 7 am UTC to 10 pm UTC all days of the week through those times might change in the future but if that happens I will of course say so ^-^

and i currently have the lite version of the game

so i think that's it not really sure what else to say.... soo BYE!

Mask_of_winter
May 10th, 2014, 21:08
https://www.fg-con.com/events/savage-worlds-vikings-spawn-of-loki/

I also run a monthly Deadlands game same time slot and a pirates game (50Fathoms) on Tuesdays 8am (EDT).

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 06:37
looks pretty cool ^-^

damned
May 11th, 2014, 07:42
it would be so much easier of people listed time as UTC!
just saying :)

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 08:13
true but gotta admit that while timezone thing never really one i was good at haha ^_^

but just looked up utc and it would seem it is only 2 hours behind me... so yeah ^-^

fatalnightshade
May 13th, 2014, 11:43
uhm bump.. is that even allowed to do there oh well ^-^

still looking for a group so yeah

Ikael
May 13th, 2014, 11:58
If you're interested in Savage Worlds fantasy setting here is one we try to play every Sunday, starting from 12:01 (noon) UTC+3: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=948

fatalnightshade
May 13th, 2014, 12:05
where do i sign up? because it sounds pretty awesome

Ikael
May 13th, 2014, 12:19
I see you'r pending already in game calendar and that's good enough sign-up for me :) I will be sending you PM with more information during this evening

where do i sign up? because it sounds pretty awesome

fatalnightshade
May 13th, 2014, 12:23
awesome might need some help making a character for the play since i don't really have any of the savage world core books or anything of that sort...

damned
May 13th, 2014, 13:15
@fatalnightshade - its often best to run with an existing or pregen character for your first session with an existing group. see how it pans out and then you can make a character to fit the group if you all decide to continue :)
of course Ikael may have his own ideas... :)

fatalnightshade
May 13th, 2014, 14:08
@fatalnightshade - its often best to run with an existing or pregen character for your first session with an existing group. see how it pans out and then you can make a character to fit the group if you all decide to continue :)
of course Ikael may have his own ideas... :)

awesome well like i said im a noob hehe always played pnp in the past where you had to create one before playing ^-^

dr_venture
May 15th, 2014, 05:26
Finding the right group online can be a bit fussier of a proposition than finding face to face gamers is... not sure why, exactly. As a GM I started off having everyone roll up a fresh character when they joined, and I even set up a short introduction session to bring their character into the group... but I wound up spending a lot of time introducing characters that were soon abandoned into a growing collection of cast-offs.

At this point, I think it's a really good idea to do 2 sessions minimum with a new person playing a NPC, then roll up a character if they still want to commit at that point. It saves me a lot of time as a GM, and it gives the players a chance to kinda scope out the game and the group, and decide on the type of character they think would fit in well with the other gamers, the game world, the game system, etc. Everybody's happy. I've been rather surprised that about 50% of the people are happy to stick with their pregen, which was a surprise.

damned
May 15th, 2014, 07:31
hey dr_v - same here on both counts - i get them to play a character whose player has gone awol or has been eaten by an otyugh and most times they stick with it even though they would never have chosen that character themselves up front :)