PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Module

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 8th, 2014, 19:38
I see that there are plenty of tutorials for D & D and I saw one that teaches how to make a module with an adventure.
I wonder if you have some adventure module that may provide or make modules with adventures is also not allowed by Steve Jackson Games?
Remembering I'm just curious and concerned the adventures I believe the modules and / or videos would be a great reference tool and also to teach beginners (like me)
I know use a little of Fantasy Grounds, but I know as a "write" things ... do not know if I'm doing it right.

saithan
May 9th, 2014, 04:55
when ever I prep a game. I create the adventure into modules as shown in xorns videos the process is the same. the advantages are great, as in your main campaign that the players join (if you prep games into it) over time will grow and bottleneck with precached resources that you will not need. modules has the advantage of turning on and off what you currently need.

many times at the end of my intro game (when I show/introduce people to gurps and FG) I run them through an adventure at the end of which I give them the adventure module allowing them a first hand look at the power of FG and GM seat push pins on maps story entries to maintain game continuity etc.

if you like to be organized adventure modules is the way to go.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 9th, 2014, 06:57
I know you have the site, and the videos would not say no to good but great willingness to help us with our doubts, but when I say having module and videos of the adventures would be looking to show people we can play GURPS without major problems ...
And of course I asked the "adventure" modules to a know ... somehow stimulate and share adventures with us players.

saithan
May 9th, 2014, 07:11
as explained the process from the xorn videos is the same. to make a video specific to gurps is reinventing the wheel as xorn wonderfully covers the ins and out of making adventure modules. as for sharing the adventure modules I have made for my games are rather specific to the adventures/campaigns I am running and and with gurps being a tool-kit might not be much help. save for someone making mirror of the fire demon or operation endgame. I have converted "all in a nights work" to module form but those have copy right issues to bear in mind.

my recommendation to you would be watch the xorn vids and adapt the principles to your way of running a game.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 9th, 2014, 13:40
Thanks Saithan :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 9th, 2014, 13:43
I'm not sure if I'm using the tab item correctly. And if I can do what I did?
Yes the text is in Portuguese. :D

GM Screen

6432 6433