PDA

View Full Version : How do I UNinstall?

Farflame
May 2nd, 2014, 01:50
How do I uninstall this program? There is no entry in the standard uninstaller, or in my Iobit uninstaller. Or is it just a case of deleting the folder, like back in 1995? :p

damned
May 2nd, 2014, 02:17
What operating system are you running?

damned
May 2nd, 2014, 02:19
There is an Uninstall shortcut in your Fantasy Ground start menu otherwise the command is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u
or
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u

Farflame
May 2nd, 2014, 02:37
Windows 8. I ended up just deleting it and doing a few registry cleans etc, hopefully that'll clear it up :s

Farflame
May 2nd, 2014, 02:40
Since all I did was drag it into the recycle bin (I realise this is very unadvisable and won't actually uninstall it), I dragged it back, and it still loads up fine. So....

There's no uninstall option on the start menu that I can see. Where am I looking?

Short of that, how/where do I type in the commands you mentioned? The cmd line?

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2014, 02:41
On my Window 8.1 system there is an uninstall link. Press the Windows key and type uninstall, you should see a few search results for uninstall and once will have the brown FG dice icon.

Farflame
May 2nd, 2014, 02:46
Not seeing an uninstall option on any of my uninstallers, neither the standard Windows one, my advanced-uninstaller and no option on the start-up menu, although the menu does otherwise work. Nothing on the updater menu either.

damned
May 2nd, 2014, 02:49
Running Win 8.1 - right click on the application tile and choose Uninstall at bottom of page.
Or on tile screen do as Trenloe says or type fantasy and again same brown uninstall icon appears...

Farflame
May 2nd, 2014, 02:58
Think I managed to find a short-cut in the end and a deep scan does seem to have removed it. Thanks.