PDA

View Full Version : Choppy Performance

KhybersGhost
May 1st, 2014, 00:54
I'm sure something similar to this has been posted in the past but as I couldn't find it and things have likely changed since the last posting of it, here we go. I've noticed that FG2 has become much more choppy/sluggish in its performance. On my previous PC, I was able to remedy the issue with a clean reboot but I am having no such luck now. Specifically, opening up character sheets is somewhat delayed and the dice no longer roll smoothly, looking choppy/jerky as they move across the screen. Their final result is somewhat delayed as well.

As far as system information:

Windows 8.1 based 64 bit PC
AMD FX 8350 8-Core 4.00 ghz Black Edition processor
16gb DDR 2133 memory

Using PFRPG ruleset in this instance. Lag persists on solo, locally loaded module with no content in it beyond a couple character sheets and a single map with no other players connected.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 01:09
Try testing with a brand new campaign.

If the lag is better in a new campaign, check the memory usage in Task Manager. If you are over 1.4M in the memory used for FG, try closing some modules or removing tokens to lessen memory usage. Right now, FG loads all campaign images, tokens and modules into memory at load time.

If lag is the same, check the Task Manager for multiple versions of FG running. Also, in this case, have you upgraded your video driver recently? Anything you can think of that would have changed?

Regards,
JPG

KhybersGhost
May 1st, 2014, 01:22
Loading a new module with absolutely nothing in it does indeed improve the performance, but as soon as anything at all is introduced into it things bog down again. Even just 3 characters and a single map.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 01:23
Try renaming the tokens folder to see if you still get the lag.

JPG

KhybersGhost
May 1st, 2014, 07:45
So, FG2 is currently using about 355 - 415mb of memory. Renamed the tokens folder without improvement. Video drivers are up to date. No other system changes that I can think of.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 07:58
If you're using v3.0.4 beta, please try the latest update.

JPG

Griogre
May 1st, 2014, 19:54
In the Settings, try making sure "Enable network diagnostics" is unchecked.