PDA

View Full Version : C&C new printing Kickstarter - with add ons!

Trenloe
April 29th, 2014, 18:34
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/676918054/castles-and-crusades

This is primarily to fund a new printing of the main three books. If stretch goals kick in they could all be full colour and other goodies too!

Plus, in the add ons, you can get lots of C&C scenarios for $3.50 each (less than normal) and also get to expand your collection with other C&C products for less than RRP.

Trenloe
April 29th, 2014, 18:37
I see some familiar faces on there already. :)

dberkompas
May 1st, 2014, 22:22
I'm in, and can't pass up the $3.50 print modules to boot.

BoomerET

damned
May 2nd, 2014, 00:29
Im in... but shipping is soo expensive to Aus...

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2014, 02:31
I'm in, and can't pass up the $3.50 print modules to boot.
Are they print modules or PDF - I couldn't see anything in the KS referring to that, unless I'm missing something?

damned
May 2nd, 2014, 03:00
they are print....
ive got them all in pdf and half in print and ive never even looked at the print modules ive got so i might have to pass on the modules...

dberkompas
May 2nd, 2014, 03:26
damned is correct, somebody asked that in the comments yesterday, and the Trolls verified it is in fact print.

BoomerET

hangarflying
June 12th, 2014, 04:25
When will the new books be available for purchase?

damned
June 12th, 2014, 04:32
hah - i only just - last nigt in fact - received books from a Troll Lord kickstarter that should have delivered in August last year!
dont hold your breath :)

dberkompas
June 12th, 2014, 05:11
damned, you just got your Haunted Highlands? Or did you get your Nordica?

I got my HH probably a month ago (I'm US though)

BoomerET

damned
June 12th, 2014, 05:48
HH only!
I dont get on every kickstarter any more. Postage to AUS is always a MINIMUM of $50USD now which is pretty crap so usually get on every secon one and order the last one as add-ons...
Ive ordered Nordica and Runes and Familiars as Add ons...
My wife has also just issued me an ultimatum...
I tried explaining I bought these book last year but she wasnt listening....

Nitehood
June 30th, 2014, 18:48
I am in the US and got my HH as well about 2 months ago. I also am getting the new printings of the core 3 books in the latest kickstarter. I just got an email that the PHBs are shipping and that we get the C&C FG data. I am new to FG and may have to try it out.

Does it really cost $50 to send a book to AUS, or is that just what Kickstarters add on in general?

~Nitehood

damned
July 1st, 2014, 01:28
I am in the US and got my HH as well about 2 months ago. I also am getting the new printings of the core 3 books in the latest kickstarter. I just got an email that the PHBs are shipping and that we get the C&C FG data. I am new to FG and may have to try it out.

Welcome aboard Nitehood!
PHBs are shipping to US residents only as shipping is much lower domestically...

C&C on Fantasy Grounds is pretty cool. I run a C&C campaign.
Check out this short video playlist to help you get started - they are pretty amateurish but they should be useful.
Castles & Crusades (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd)

Does it really cost $50 to send a book to AUS, or is that just what Kickstarters add on in general?

~Nitehood

I dont know the answer... Amazon are similarly priced whilst BookDepository post for free and places like Hong Kong post for almost free.
Some companies run better kickstarters for international backers - most dont.
TMG / Michael Mindes usually manages to post mini games (yes lighter than a book but I got a 6 pack of games last year including postage for $100) for about $6 while most book publishers seem to slug us for $50.... :(
Cant have everything... but it has reduced what I buy on KS now.

ballan4
July 1st, 2014, 04:53
Sorry about the shipping costs to Aus Damned, I wish it was cheaper for you.

On a different topic I'm one of the lucky SOB's who managed to get one of the 300 PHB's for free RPG day. This new printing is much bigger than my older hardcover books, most of the info looks the same but there are a lot more spells and such and more CK info too. I'm really liking it. It lead me to purchase the ruleset here too. Now if I could only find a print copy of the CK guide my collection will be closer to complete!

damned
July 1st, 2014, 09:00
Sorry about the shipping costs to Aus Damned, I wish it was cheaper for you.

On a different topic I'm one of the lucky SOB's who managed to get one of the 300 PHB's for free RPG day. This new printing is much bigger than my older hardcover books, most of the info looks the same but there are a lot more spells and such and more CK info too. I'm really liking it. It lead me to purchase the ruleset here too. Now if I could only find a print copy of the CK guide my collection will be closer to complete!

nice one ballan....

i am a bit of a sucker... i have phb2/3/4/5 already...

Nitehood
July 1st, 2014, 12:29
My PHB came yesterday and I only had a chance to glance at it. But, wow!, it looks great! Much better paper than the the previous color edition, and the graphics stand out now. I didnt notice more spells, but I only got a very quick glance and will have to take a better look at it after work tonight.

Thanks for the welcome and the vids. I may get FG while its on sale.

~Nitehood

GMTroll
July 7th, 2014, 09:30
I've never played C&C but the KS was too tempting to turn down. I've been really impressed with the team at TLG, their enthusiasm and engagement with the community. I can wait to get the PDF of the PHB, sadly the printed copies won't land for a couple of months and I'm still braced for the postage sucker punch for posting to the UK.

Oh and they recently announced that pledges of $99 upwards would get a free copy of the ruleset for FG :)