PDA

View Full Version : Fracturis Revisited (3.5)

xaotik1
April 28th, 2014, 00:39
Hello all, it's been a while, but I'm back and looking to fill out my existing Wed afternoon game. Due to a couple of recent scheduling changes, the current party has lost a few of it's players, and I'd like to get a few (2-3) roleplayers to pick up where they left off, so to speak. We hold sessions over Mumble or Skype every Wed evening at about 5pm pacific time, and typically run to 8 or 9. I've got the DM license, so anyone interested needs to have the Lite version installed to play.

This is a long running homebrew 3.5 game (Fracturis, see below). I'm not particular about character source materials as long as you can tell me what book it's from. I'm as open to character concepts as a guy can be, and am willing to work with you to make spells/abilities/feats/etc as long as you can justify it in character. I will allow just about anything (within reason), but only because I will expect you to roleplay your characters personality. Truth be told, I'm not all that worried about the characters mechanics, as much as I am about how interesting the character happens to be. This is a RP heavy game, not going full on larper here, just that I want anyone who plays to actually give the character a bit of depth.

As for building characters in a bit more detail. . .level 7, 28 point buy, standard starting gold, pass any magic items by me. I am pretty much ok with any races you want, including monster, but the character does have to have at least 1 class level. I DO NOT allow races as classes, IE you start out full grown with racial hd and la included in the cost. Classes. . .wide open. . .multiclassing is fine, no xp penalty for it. Alignment is up to you, and not shared with other players unless you deliberately tell them yourself. Again, I have to point out that I'm more interested in the concept more than the mechanics. I'll adjust things to accommodate you, so feel free to pass any ideas past me. Please do note though, if I find something broken, we can either adjust your sheet accordingly, or I start breaking monsters to adapt accordingly. Your choice >:)

I do also ask for a physical description of the character as others see him. Not "He's a dwarven fighter with an axe." , but instead something like "Berlot clanks to the top of the rise, sun glinting off his burnished half plate and war-axe as he surveys the other side. Thoughtfully stroking his red beard, the dwarven footman peers upon the orcs in the valley below. Hefting his shield, he begins the treacherous descent, leaping sprightly across chasms and ravines alike as his feet leave faint trails of magical light." I'm not asking for War and Peace, mind you. Just a paragraph or two to let those you play with what they see when they actually look at you. Gear, scars, obvious physical traits, etc . . . that sort of thing

In this world, you make the story, I just run the world you adventure on, essentially a sandbox style game. Be descriptive, be inventive, and always be aware of your surroundings. I expect you to use it to your advantage when you can, and you can count on me to do the same in return. You can quite literally do anything in this game, but just remember that every action has a reaction here. Play whatever you like, however you like. . .just keep in mind that the other players have the same rights. The character MUST be able to function in a group, or you just might find your character waking up living impaired as the others slice your annoying face into fine strips.

Here's a bit on the general setting:
https://fracturis.wikispaces.com/General+Background+and+Geography

If interested, just drop me a line, either here or message directly via FG and I'll try to get back to you as promptly as possible.

jasonisop
April 28th, 2014, 01:59
I am interested in playing this. I am working up a character background right now.

JohnD
April 28th, 2014, 03:35
Were it not for some medical issues dogging me right now I'd really be interested in this... sounds like an interesting game. :)

balrik
April 28th, 2014, 04:04
As one of the players I can say one of the main things for your char is to be apart of the group while yes to have ones agenda is nice and you can always work on things...no matter what alignment you are or style you play you still have to function with other players of every race and style...toss aside all notions you have of regular human hate orcs crap also...you must ask DM for any races hate toward others but in general human can walk with a giant....and always keep in mind Xaotik does not use monsters as you normally see them... there can be level 20 goblin walking around and creatures he has simply made up...the game requires us as a group to decide on things so there may be nights where we just talk about what to do next...and anything is KEY dungeon craw take over city ANYTHING...(if you can live long enough)

xaotik1
April 28th, 2014, 04:48
Well jasonisop, feel free to drop whatever sheet you like in the fg messenger and I'll look over whatever it is and see how it fits in.

Andrepartthree
April 30th, 2014, 23:15
Were it not for some medical issues dogging me right now I'd really be interested in this... sounds like an interesting game. :)

Sorry to hijack the thread here :( but.. didn't know you were sick! :( .. hope you get better soon ! :(

I do also ask for a physical description of the character as others see him. Not "He's a dwarven fighter with an axe." , but instead something like "Berlot clanks to the top of the rise, sun glinting off his burnished half plate and war-axe as he surveys the other side. Thoughtfully stroking his red beard, the dwarven footman peers upon the orcs in the valley below. Hefting his shield, he begins the treacherous descent, leaping sprightly across chasms and ravines alike as his feet leave faint trails of magical light." I'm not asking for War and Peace, mind you. Just a paragraph or two to let those you play with what they see when they actually look at you. Gear, scars, obvious physical traits, etc . . . that sort of thing

.....Play whatever you like, however you like. . .just keep in mind that the other players have the same rights. The character MUST be able to function in a group, or you just might find your character waking up living impaired as the others slice your annoying face into fine strips.

Totally 100 percent agree with this ;) ... that's two very promising campaigns I've seen start up so far if only I had time to be in them plus the one I'm in right now :( ... I'm sure you guys are having a lot of fun ;) .. and if it's the balrik I'm thinking of you're lucky to have him in the campaign (though I'm sure you already know that by now ;) ) he took plenty of time to RP with me in another campaign (Mask the kender and Anabella the female nerd-mage were pretty much best friends - or she saw him as her best friend anyways ) and I loved him for it ! :) .. did a freaking awesome job of RP'ing both on the forums devoted to the campaign and during FG game sessions REALLY made it lots of fun :) ..

xaotik1
April 30th, 2014, 23:31
Well, game day for those interested in checking it out. Start time is at 5pm pacific, and if you are playing a character, if you can hop on a few minutes early to put in the sheets, it'd be appreciated. Lurkers welcome, though I'd appreciate relative silence from the peanut gallery :) Let the players work it out for themselves, please.

The server is xeno dice ugly pirate, and my skype name is xaotik74. Feel free to add me if you want to join or lurk.

balrik
May 1st, 2014, 00:16
yes I am the same balrik...awww one of the better RPing games...we had a lot of fun

balrik
May 1st, 2014, 15:26
bump....still room for players

xaotik1
May 1st, 2014, 19:14
Synopsis:
Our meet and greet went pretty much as expected. Our new chef displayed a few unusual traits, and faced down our resident caster in showdown of sorts to prove his competence and worth. Though short, the battle showed no clear winner, and he was heartily accepted into the group with a crushing bearhug and a loud clamor from the Noisemaker, our resident wall of steel. They quickly formed a plan to gain "easy money" and planned as best they could for their journey into the unknown. After preparing for the trek, they then proceeded into a local adventurers grotto. Delving into the sealed off ruins of an ancient city, they quickly find themselves creeping about in the near absolute darkness of the abandoned cityscape. Locating the remains of an adventurer, they soon discover that playing in a nest of rot grubs is really not a thing to be done lightly. Our new friend, the chef, manages to prepare another kind of meal for the grubs, and narrowly avoids becoming a new breeding ground for the corpse white grubs. Slicing into his own body in the attempt to rid himself of the things, he nearly bleeds out before an unseen force pulls the last of the creatures to the surface, where the man of steel deftly plucks it off of him with a deft slap of his shield. Gathering up the unconscious chef, the party reconsiders the wisdom of venturing into the depths without further preparation, and returns to the surface to lick their wounds and prepare for their next move. . .

Thank you much for showing up and making such in interesting character jasonisop. Excellent thinking and a great sense of humor always helps :) Unfortunately, we had 2 no call-no shows last night, though all in all, I think the session still went pretty well. That being the case, we still have room for a couple more if anyone is interested.

jasonisop
May 1st, 2014, 20:30
Thank you all for letting me join in, I had a ton of fun.

xaotik1
June 1st, 2014, 18:55
Well, a number of adventures later, our intrepid heroes venture forth once again into the unknown. Delving deeply into the ruins below the burial mounds, we find ourselves faced once again with carrying the limp and almost lifeless body of our resident caster, whose self styled name (worst wizard ever)has officially become recognized by the party. Sound of planning and cursed on dice, once again he nearly bleeds out due to poor rolling :) Don't worry though man, one of these days, the dice gods will smile upon you and grant you great wealth and status. . .that or actually kill you . . .

We are still accepting new players to the game, and would welcome anyone with an open mind and the ability to roleplay a bit :) This is a sandbox game, and the players drive the story, not a story that drives the players. You can quite literally do whatever you like in the game, good, evil, or just plain indifferent. . .how you want to play is entirely up to you. Just realize that actions have consequences. . .some good, some bad. . .

Anyway, game still runs every wed from 5-8pm pacific time. If anyone is interested, just drop me a message or post up here. I'll get back to you as soon as I get the message :)
)

Unbutu
June 1st, 2014, 23:53
You guys seem to have something intesting going on. I salivate at the idea of so much freedom to buil a character.

ButtatakiBuddha
June 1st, 2014, 23:53
Ilmatar just broke out of his holding cell. He's coming back.

xaotik1
June 2nd, 2014, 00:04
We've stioll got room for one more here, so iif you want to join in, just send me a concept. We can work out the specifics later on if you like.

jasonisop
June 3rd, 2014, 01:18
Naw with his luck he wouldn't die, just be crippled for the rest of his life.