PDA

View Full Version : Can you add a Core Book

Druas
April 25th, 2014, 18:59
Hi I am wondering if you are able to add a pdf book to fantasy grounds so the players can look up rulings and what not?
For Example. I downloaded the Vampire the Masquerade ruleset for Fantasy grounds and instead of them looking on line for what to roll for certain disciplines or powers it would be easier if they can just click the library and pull up the book.

If there is a way to do this can someone please let me know.

Thanks

Trenloe
April 25th, 2014, 19:21
You can't load a PDF (or any other electronic document) into FG as such. You would need to convert the data the document contained to a Fantasy Grounds module (.mod file) with FG specific XML format to be able to make it available to players through the library.

The Project Par5E makes it easier to do this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e There are some library entries that are compatible with rulesets built on CoreRPG, but you would still be required to extract the data from the PDF and format it appropriately before running it through the parser to make an FG module.

There is no such library for the Vampire the Masquerade ruleset as providing such data would be a breach of copyright. You can produce a library module for your own use, but can't distribute it publicly without the copyright owner's permission.