PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Enable Shortcuts option

unerwünscht
April 22nd, 2014, 15:17
This might sound like an odd request, but I find that the more I use Fantasy Grounds the more I make use of the pins on the maps, and it gets tedious after awhile turning the shortcuts layer on every time you open a map. Can we get an option somewhere to toggle shortcuts on campaign wide?

Also if there could be a show shortcuts labels option that would be awesome as well.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2014, 15:19
Good idea. Please add it to the wish list: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com

unerwünscht
April 22nd, 2014, 16:19
Yea... That is one way to do it. However this is a feature that doesn't require Moon, so posting the request in the forum becomes the best way to get it filled.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2014, 16:41
Yea... That is one way to do it. However this is a feature that doesn't require Moon, so posting the request in the forum becomes the best way to get it filled.
Well, if you want it in the main product then yes, it does require Moon Wizard.

But, if you're asking for a community member to write an extension - then that is something different... :)

However, looking at the API for the imagecontrol I don't think there is a way to enable the shortcut pins via LUA code: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/imagecontrol.xcp So, this looks like it *will* require Moon Wizard's help.

Back to the wishlist! :D

unerwünscht
April 22nd, 2014, 17:05
Well that is just a silly chunk of code to not have exposed. ;)
How am I going to get the entire Serpent's Skull entered into Fantasy Grounds complete with links in time for FG Con IV?!?!?! Without it, I cant run 100 non-stop hours of Virtual table Top Gaming! ;)

damned
April 22nd, 2014, 23:36
dont worry - once you get it all uploaded your players will decide to go the other way.

unerwünscht
April 26th, 2014, 09:50
I added the request to the wishlist days ago, but I had trouble finding it in the list.

I did however, come up with another idea on how to handle it, that MIGHT be something a community developer could do. A simple extension, that just causes the images to save state once closed.... as far as I can tell EVERYTHING else on the map already does this... but I have to admit, I have not played around extensively with everything.

Willot
April 26th, 2014, 12:55
yeah I use the pins ALOT too. Different colours would be nice too. I sometimes pop the pins on Locked or secret doors on the map with the stats for the door (hardness etc) in the title so the tool tip pops up when I hover over it giving me all I need to know about a door or trap or what ever on the map. Pins are VERY usufull

Trenloe
April 26th, 2014, 19:11
I did however, come up with another idea on how to handle it, that MIGHT be something a community developer could do. A simple extension, that just causes the images to save state once closed.... as far as I can tell EVERYTHING else on the map already does this... but I have to admit, I have not played around extensively with everything.
The problem is that there is no XML tag within the image data of the campaign that stores enable/disable shortcuts. So, even if you could write some FG code to say "enable shortcuts in this image" there is nothing in the image control itself to read such a field and so when you open an image you will still have to manually enable shortcuts.

It needs a change to the base FG API for imagecontrols to be able to do anything like this.