PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing DCC RPG by Goodman Games on Fantasy Grounds?

leozelig
April 22nd, 2014, 01:05
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, anyone?

I know there isn't a ruleset for this system currently, so I am curious if anyone has pulled this off with one of the other rulesets. CoreRPG, maybe?

I would be interested in running some games if it can be done. It is very similar to other d20 systems, but some of the ability score names are different. Agility, Stamina, and Personality, for example...

primarch
April 22nd, 2014, 03:11
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, anyone?

I know there isn't a ruleset for this system currently, so I am curious if anyone has pulled this off with one of the other rulesets. CoreRPG, maybe?

I would be interested in running some games if it can be done. It is very similar to other d20 systems, but some of the ability score names are different. Agility, Stamina, and Personality, for example...

Hi!

Would love to, but the lack of a dedicated ruleset has prevented me from doing so.

I suppose you could do it and type in the die rolls for the funky dice. But to me and my group it defeats the purpose of running Fantasy Grounds to do it that way.

Our best hope is that the kickstarter to try and fund a ruleset creator successfully does so. Otherwise we'll have to wait for an enterprising soul with coding skills to make one.

Primarch

hawkwind
April 22nd, 2014, 12:14
I think you would be better of using Roll20 and putting this web app through a shared screen on google plus https://purplesorcerer.com/crawler/crawler.htm, there are IOS and android versions of the app as well, it contails all the hundereds of charts that make up DCC rpg

leozelig
April 22nd, 2014, 23:15
I currently play in a DCC RPG game using Roll20 through a Google group, which has worked very well. We do a lot of theatre of the mind, so the app is really for chat, map sharing, and dice rolling. It runs very much like a tabletop game - some of us even roll real dice on a table!

Anyway, if I was going to use FG, I would want to take advantage of features like the character sheet and integration between the combat tracker and tokens. Funky dice would be cool, but it can be worked around.