PDA

View Full Version : BRP Combat Tracker Woes

chillybilly
April 21st, 2014, 16:55
Purchased the BRP ruleset and I'm enjoying the customization quite a bit. The PDF explaining how to modify the extension to fit your campaign is great! I am not a programmer but even I can follow the pdf. However, I am having trouble with the combat tracker.

It works fine for the GM but the players 1) can't see mob's stats like hit point and 2) Can't see the status Effects on anyone including themselves. My players also get an error when I input status effects (which only show up on MY combat tracker) The error is:

Script Error [ string "script/combattracker_effects.lay]:21: CreateWindow: Unable to create window

Hoping someone can help me fix this error. Without my players being able to see hit points and especially status effects, this ruleset isn't too helpful. I don't mind if the players see exactly what I see (as a GM). I just need it to work!

Any help/advice?

damned
April 22nd, 2014, 13:13
dont use BRP but check your GM Options...
in most cases GMs dont want players to know exactly the health of the opponents...

chillybilly
April 22nd, 2014, 13:46
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the only preference relating to my problem just toggles the name of the NPCs (not their status) on the Player's trackers. Thanks, though, for the suggestion.

chillybilly
April 29th, 2014, 12:42
UPDATE: Trenloe fixed it! See the How Complete is the BRP Thread for the solution if anyone else needs it.