PDA

View Full Version : cannot load RM ruleset

elsewhen
April 19th, 2014, 04:05
I've got an Ultimate License, and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before starting a game. I had a friend try to log on with his demo version and he got a response that it could not load the RM ruleset, then it would kick him off. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Moon Wizard
April 19th, 2014, 04:11
Is he joining a game you are hosting? Otherwise, they will not be able to run RM when not connected to host.

If connecting to host, then what's the exact error message?

Regards,
JPG

pauljmendoza
April 20th, 2014, 05:16
Me as well. Error is:

(Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file ref/ref_basicclasses.xml - Error on line 4279: Error reading end tag.)

Can't get old campaigns to load, or make new ones.

Dakadin
April 20th, 2014, 06:43
Run an update to make sure you have v1.6. That was a bug in v1.4 that didn't cause a problem until FG v3.

pauljmendoza
April 20th, 2014, 17:57
The update seemed to work!

Dakadin
April 20th, 2014, 21:47
Glad to hear it! :)

Let us know if you have any questions or issues.

goldenboy
April 28th, 2014, 21:26
I have the same error message. I've tried to upgrade to the new version but when I go into settings it doesn't list Rolemaster as one of my products although if I select Create New Campaign then Rolemaster 1.5 does appear there. Any help would be most gratefully received. Thanks.

Trenloe
April 28th, 2014, 21:50
If you bought you Rolemaster ruleset from this FG website store then you should be able to update the ruleset - if you have your FG website user ID and password entered in the update window - see post #4 in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20447-RMC-1-5-5-and-FGIII

Dakadin
April 29th, 2014, 07:10
The Rolemaster Classic ruleset shows up as DGA080 in the settings product list. Check that it is in the list.