PDA

View Full Version : Beta release v3.0.4

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2014, 19:08
As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

Remember, this is a beta release, which means that all the features should be in place. However, there may be issues (hopefully minor).

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2014, 19:09
Updates

Range displayed on targeting arrows.
Improved memory footprint using more aggressive Lua garbage collection.
[CoreRPG+] Characters now migrated to current ruleset version when imported.
[CoreRPG+] Deletion buttons will reset to base state when edit mode turned off.
[CoreRPG+] Export window remembers module and file name fields.
[CoreRPG+] Targeting information added to GM combat tracker.
[CoreRPG+] GM can set targeting via Ctrl + mouse click on CT token fields, dragging targeting marker from targeting section or right click on marker to target by faction.
[CoreRPG+] Whispers will now always show name of sender, even when portrait chat option enabled.
[CoreRPG] Added categories for attributes and skills to main tab of character sheet
[CoreRPG] Added Abilities tab to character sheet
[PFRPG/3.5E/4E] Additional string resources added for translation efforts.
[PFRPG/3.5E/4E] Improved migration of module data to latest format.
[PFRPG/3.5E] For each weapon damage entry, multiple dice, ability, modifier and damage type entries can be entered.
[PFRPG/3.5E] For each spell cast action, a fixed DC option has been added.
[PFRPG/3.5E] For each spell damage action, multiple dice, ability, modifier and damage type entries can be entered.
[PFRPG/3.5E] For each spell heal action, multiple dice, ability, and modifier entries can be entered.
[CnC] Prepared/Spontaneous spells announced to chat window when checked off (similar to 3.5E and 4E).
[CnC] NPCs in the combat tracker reduced to zero hit points now display a delete button.
Distance label for token paths not displayed in correct location. Fixed.
Patch notes and update button not working when returning to launcher after exporting characters. Fixed.
Character information not updating to latest version when loading local character database. Fixed.
Changes to modules with names containing certain characters (such as colon) would not be saved. Fixed.
Lock fields in module records not working. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When selling items on party sheet and item value currency not defined, both number and currency values were incorrect. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Deletion buttons in character selection list during manage characters mode only required one click, instead of the two expected. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] BAB and CMB values not being added correctly to NPC spell attack rolls. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Special defenses field is now mapped to special qualities field in NPC record.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Typo in Elemental Body IV spell record in wizard spell list. Fixed.
[CnC] Combat tracker status text and damage announcements not always consistent or correct. Fixed.
[CnC] Script error when opening PC spells mini sheet. Fixed.
[CnC] PC spells mini sheet not updating when caster type or mana values changed. Fixed.
[CnC] Script error on spell mini sheet. Fixed.
[CnC] DMG effect modifier not applying when targeted. Fixed.
[CnC] Club damage typo in PHB. Fixed.
[DEV] DB - Added onImport and onAuxCharLoad handlers; Added getImportVersion, getImportRulesetVersion, getPath and deleteChildren functions; backup function usable in local mode.
[DEV] databasenode - Added getPath function.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Many handler function examples written in a way that did not work with module records. Fixed.
[DEV] onModuleLoad event called on client twice when module files need to be transferred from host. Fixed.
[DEV] tokeninstance.clearTargets not calling onTargetUpdate and onTargetedUpdate handlers. Fixed.
[DEV] databasenode.copyNode did not work correctly when target database node within a module. Fixed.

5E Updates

[5E] Added support for multiple damage types to PC weapons and powers.
[5E] Improved parsing of spell/ability damage, specifically those which do not have fixed damage component.
[5E] Reworked interface for editing weapons and spell/ability rolls.
[5E] Added frames to spell group headers
[5E] Removed Abilities section of PC Abilities sheet. (Records now added to Features section.)
[5E] When data dropped on PC sheet from Par5E module and skills/proficiencies/traits/features/feats added automatically, a chat message is displayed.
[5E] Spell group header text disappearing when clicked. Fixed.
[5E] Using rest option from the combat tracker did not appply rest to PCs. Fixed.
[5E] Spell group ability always used for spell save type, and individual spell save type ignored. Fixed.

Bidmaron
April 15th, 2014, 23:50
Nice update list, JPG!

Andraax
April 16th, 2014, 00:33
Getting the following when loading a campaign that uses Castles & Crusades ruleset...

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:33: getRulesetVersion: Module not loaded
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:33: getRulesetVersion: Module not loaded

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 00:48
I'm not getting that error message on my campaign. I currently have the Monsters and Treasures, Players Handbook and Arms and Armor loading.

Which modules do you have loading with your campaign? I may need to get a copy at [email protected], for any not from our store.

Regards,
JPG

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 19:38
[CnC] Script error when opening PC spells mini sheet. Fixed.

(3.0.4 Test)
Yes, the error is fixed, but now I don't get any spells displayed at all :(

BoomerET
(I can provide my xml import, but the problem also happens when I create a fresh Mage and add spells within the program)

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 20:53
Updates

Updated version on FG and Numenera ruleset.
[Numenera] Script error when opening character sheets and closing campaign. Fixed.

JPG

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 21:15
Spell mini sheet working as designed (and loving it)

BoomerET

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 21:20
I know that the interface is not always intuitive, though it is designed to be the very useful once you know how it works. Check out the General and C&C user guides over on the wiki, and make suggestions on how to improve.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

Thanks,
JPG

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 21:29
Well, you must be doing something right, because after almost a year, I'm still working on my Hero Lab plugin for Castles & Crusades, along with a converter to get those characters into FG.

BoomerET

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 22:08
Updates

[DEV] Crash occurred when clicking on window reference field containing invalid path inside a module. Fixed.
[DEV] When copying nodes, relative paths stored in window reference values were not resolved first. Fixed.

JPG

Irondrake
April 17th, 2014, 00:46
Looks like Saving Throws are fixed! Here's what we ran into as far as issues go with our 5E game.

Whenever damage was rolled from the character sheet, combat tab, weapons, every weapon tried gave us an error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:449: attempt to index global 'rDmgType' (a nil value)
When adding new weapons to a character a sheet the error given is: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:156: createChild: Invalid argument 1

When opening the powers sheet with any character I receive this error in varying amounts:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:368: attempt to index local 'nodeAction' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:368: attempt to index local 'nodeAction' (a nil value)

I have a DMG with NPCs only and a PHB with Races, Classes, Weapon, Armor, and Equipment tables, Feats, and Skills loaded. This data is from the Oct playtest package and it all parsed fine. Currently no damage is able to be rolled from PCs but monsters can roll damage. (A little unfair to the group they think ;)

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2014, 20:06
Updates

[5E] Script errors when rolling PC damage. Fixed.
[5E] Script errors when adding weapons to PC sheet. Fixed.
[5E] Script errors when viewing power sheet with powers that have damage or heal rolls. Fixed.

JPG

Ikael
April 17th, 2014, 20:16
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but in 3.0.4 there is strange behavior in library category names: it displays definition.xml file's author tag's content as category name (in library windowclass). I can see this effect by opening single SW module (player or GM book). Instead of stating "Savage Worlds Essentials" name in the category value is "Copyright 2011, Pinnacle Entertainment Group". Now If I open another book the category name is correct but there is additional category staging the "Copyright 2011, Pinnacle Entertainment Group". I bet this is a bug.

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2014, 21:28
In library_list_book.lua; the category string is set to the module category by default. If the category is empty, then the author is used instead. This was done for backward compatibility with older modules. Perhaps the category tag is incorrectly defined, or not being read by FG correctly? Which module?

JPG

Irondrake
April 17th, 2014, 23:59
5E: When loading a campaign the following is displayed in the console window, also Chat displays version 3.0.3. Not sure if this is related?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:32: getRulesetVersion: Module not loaded
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:32: getRulesetVersion: Module not loaded

Blackfoot
April 18th, 2014, 02:16
It would be nice if 'facing' only worked for tokens that are IN the tracker. Sometimes tokens are just tokens that represent things other than combatants.

demadog
April 20th, 2014, 16:59
It seems the 3.0.4 FantasyGrounds.exe is able to spike one CPU core for the host and each of the six clients we had trying to connect. We are using 4e ruleset with no additional extensions. The host and all the clients were using Win 7 OS. The spiking occurs right at load, no maps, characters, or other objects are needed. Downgrading back tot he 3.0.3 live version corrected the issue. I realize this is a little vague, but unsure what else to report. Let me know if there are specific things to check?

Thanks, Al.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2014, 20:49
Can you send a copy of your campaign folder(zipped), and any modules used in the campaign to [email protected]?

The spiking might have to do with module updating code that is supposed to update modules with older version numbers to the latest release when opened. Only item records should be affected (I think), so this would depend on number of items in the modules. It might need some fine tuning.

Thanks,
JPG

demadog
April 21st, 2014, 23:43
Should be getting a dropbox link shortly with the zipped campaign folder.

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 17:07
Trenloe suggested I bring this up here, so here we go: I just released a new module for C&C with a bunch of races and classes, both using a whole lot of Abilities (skills). I created the module as a campaign in FG, then edited the XML into a normal module ala the PHB, etc. I released it, and immediately got feedback that opening the Abilities was causing a script error. Tren took a look, and said, "It looks like the Castles & Crusades ruleset changes the 'ability' windowclass to 'ref_ability' in 3.0.4 (in campaign\record_ability.xml). There have been a few C&C fixes in 3.0.4 so this might well be part of those. But, it does mean that this module will need to be updated once 3.0.4 goes live... '. SO I can make that change easily enough, but unless something is handled in either FG or the C&C ruleset, then I believe that all old modules created in in the FG app are going to break with the new release.

EDIT: I just confirmed that 3.0.4 breaks the Abilities attached to Races (and presumably Classes) in the PHB. This seems pretty much like a showstopper for C&C.

EDIT 2: I just confirmed that 3.0.4 breaks existing campaigns, in that when a campaign is opened in 3.0.4, none of the Abilities can be opened in existing character sheets.

The original discussion is over here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20562-Crusaders-Companion-free-supplement/page3

dberkompas
April 22nd, 2014, 18:39
I just noticed this behavior while working on my exporter for Hero Lab.

Like Dr Venture said, easy enough to fix on my end, but sure makes things a tad difficult to maintain different versions of the converter.

BoomerET

damned
April 22nd, 2014, 23:32
is 3.0.4 likely to go live between now and FG Con?

Moon Wizard
April 22nd, 2014, 23:37
Updates

[CnC] Reverted ability class rename.

I was attempting to consolidate window classes across rulesets to maximize re-use. Apparently, C&C was the only one to use the PC "ability" records directly, as opposed to linked from PC sheets. Change reverted, so the links should work again. Let me know.

JPG

dberkompas
April 22nd, 2014, 23:52
Yippeee!! I don't have to maintain two versions of my code.

And you know how painful that can be if you don't use branches.

BoomerET

dr_venture
April 23rd, 2014, 21:03
The fix looks good, Moon - thanks.

Andraax
April 24th, 2014, 00:22
Found a problem - this might have been around for a while. Castles and Crusades, the "Ranged" to hit does not add in the adjustment in the "Misc" column.

GMTroll
April 25th, 2014, 16:54
Really like the range showing on the targeting arrows, but I am getting some unexpected results in PFRPG ruleset. I've attached some examples.

6391 6392

Trenloe
April 25th, 2014, 17:01
Really like the range showing on the targeting arrows, but I am getting some unexpected results in PFRPG ruleset. I've attached some examples.

6391 6392
Looks like it is going to the centre of the token. Do you see similar issues for medium (1 square size) creatures?

GMTroll
April 25th, 2014, 17:23
I just tried with targeting medium creatures and I am getting a similar issue, though it was hard to replicate.

Would be to do with the first square being a diagonal?

Trenloe
April 25th, 2014, 17:30
I just tried with targeting medium creatures and I am getting a similar issue, though it was hard to replicate.

Would be to do with the first square being a diagonal?
Actually, in that screenshot FG is displaying the range correctly - your second diagonal should be 20' not 15'.

GMTroll
April 25th, 2014, 17:51
Thanks for looking at this Trenloe. Seems I may have been counting range wrong by not taking into account the first square for the diagonal adjustments. Had another play around and the range seems to work for medium creatures.

Still a small issue with creatures larger than medium which as Trenole pointed out does appear to be counting range to / from the centre of the token for larger creatures.

Trenloe
April 25th, 2014, 18:17
Still a small issue with creatures larger than medium which as Trenole pointed out does appear to be counting range to / from the centre of the token for larger creatures.
I think the ideal resolution would be to allow a specific square of a large+ creature to be targeted - this would allow for targets with cover, splash weapons, etc. to have specific squares targeted and the range calculated correctly. Don't know how hard that would be to add/code though...

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2014, 12:56
I'm getting this error 7 times (I assume referencing 7 modules) when loading up an old campaign in PFRPG. Everything looks fine, I'm not sure which modules aren't being loaded (if any).

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 06:20
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Targeting information in CT only displayed to players for friendly actors.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC/Numenera] Added default currency value that is assumed for item value fields when currency not defined.
[5E] Added currencies to pre-populate parcel and party inventory lists.
[CoreRPG+] Script error about modules not being loaded when using token-only modules. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Strange behavior when dropping CT NPC link onto CT again. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] CT token scaling not displayed until changed. Fixed.
[5E] Weapon entries for weapon items not being deleted when item deleted from inventory. Fixed.
[5E] Weapon entries created when adding weapons from modules not setting first damage clause to "base" ability damage. Fixed.
[5E] The bottom of damage fields with multiple lines are cut off in weapon entries. Fixed.
[CnC] Ranged misc modifier ignored on PC sheet. Fixed.
[CnC] Several monster stat errors found in Monsters and Treasures module. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 06:40
The targeting for large tokens is going to be surprisingly complicated now that I'm thinking about it. The "size" of an actor in the combat tracker and the underlay is independent of the actual token size and scale on the map as well as the grid size. Also, the current "distance" calculations only count whole grid squares, and can specify different calculations for diagonal vs. vertical/horizontal adjacent squares (for example, PFRPG vs. 4E).

So, the issue is that a "small" or scaled down token could be used to represent a large creature on the map, and where do you really place the "targeting point" for a large creature anyway? There are a lot of assumptions that can change based on token graphic selected.

I might need to add a "grid size" attribute to specify the "size" to use for determining the creatures grid squares inhabited for targeting distance calculations. Then, the question becomes whether to require "square" sizes or allow rectangular shapes as well. I don't even want to think about non-rectangular shapes. Also, not sure what it means to have a "size" on a hex grid, since it seems to me like it would be unique to each game system.

Any suggestions?

JPG

Callum
May 1st, 2014, 09:03
I'd say that the targeting should be based off the underlay, which is derived from the size info in the Combat Tracker - the token should be completely ignored. Then you'd need to work out which is the closest square to the other creature in the targeting situation - I'm not sure what the best algorithm for this would be (complicated by the fact that you could have two large creatures involved). It might be simplest to just let the use determine this - whichever of the underlay squares that click on is used for the targeting calculations. Tiff need to give them the ability to click on a different square and recalculate.

Callum
May 1st, 2014, 09:04
I'd say that the targeting should be based off the underlay, which is derived from the size info in the Combat Tracker - the token should be completely ignored. Then you'd need to work out which is the closest square to the other creature in the targeting situation - I'm not sure what the best algorithm for this would be (complicated by the fact that you could have two large creatures involved). It might be simplest to just let the user determine this - whichever of the underlay squares they click on is used for the targeting calculations. You'd need to give them the ability to click on a different square and recalculate.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2014, 16:11
It might be simplest to just let the user determine this - whichever of the underlay squares they click on is used for the targeting calculations. You'd need to give them the ability to click on a different square and recalculate.
This would be the best solution from a Pathfinder perspective as players can select a specific square of a target to avoid a square with cover or to target a specific square with a ranged splash weapon (to control where the splash goes).

GMTroll
May 8th, 2014, 22:21
Looks like 3.0.4 has introduced a bug when applying energy resistance for actions with multiply sources of damage.

Using a +1 flaming longsword (ignoring STR) as an example and targeting a creature with resist 5 fire I roll a total of 14 damage (8 slashing, +6 fire) and so the creature should only take 9 damage (8 slashing, +1 fire) but the result in the chat windows shows the target received the full 14 damage and [PARTIALLY RESISTED] is appended to the result string.

I have tested this with a weapon with two damage items, and a weapon with a single damage item and a DMG: 1d6 fire effect. Both yield the same result. Screenshots attached.

I tested in 3.0.3 with the DMG effect and it worked as I expected.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2014, 07:28
Given the code changes necessary to support multiple damage types for PC weapons and spells, something might have broke. Let me take a look after this weekend.

JPG

dulux-oz
May 9th, 2014, 14:43
Hi Guys,

Maybe not the right thread, but with v3.0.4 in Testing I thought this way this would be brought to Moon's attention ASAP:

In v3.0.3 of the CoreRPG's Party Sheet: if you resize the Party Sheet so that Marching And Formation Pane is bigger than the underlying Image, the Image and the Tokens (and Portraits) on it will be scaled up - it Zooms in, effectively. If you then resize the Party Sheet back down again the scale of the Image will not change back down again. The only way to return the Image to its original side is to restart Fantasy Grounds.

So, is this a bug or what? :)

Cheers

Trenloe
May 9th, 2014, 14:55
In v3.0.3 of the CoreRPG's Party Sheet: if you resize the Party Sheet so that Marching And Formation Pane is bigger than the underlying Image, the Image and the Tokens (and Portraits) on it will be scaled up - it Zooms in, effectively. If you then resize the Party Sheet back down again the scale of the Image will not change back down again. The only way to return the Image to its original side is to restart Fantasy Grounds.
It is an image control, so treat it like sizing any image - if you size out on any image and size back down the image zoom will stay at the sized out zoom level. Use the mouse wheel to adjust the zoom back down to the level you need.

dulux-oz
May 9th, 2014, 15:01
It is an image control, so treat it like sizing any image - if you size out on any image and size back down the image zoom will stay at the sized out zoom level. Use the mouse wheel to adjust the zoom back down to the level you need.

Yeah, I realise that, but isn't that a bug? Or at least, an "undocumented feature"?

Cheers

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2014, 22:10
Undocumented combo feature/bug/"funky design". Unfortunately, it's a side effect of the current implementation of image controls.

All of top requested items are for image/token enhancements, so I'm hoping we get some time to work on that in the near future. Steam launch and keeping up with beta are taking a lot of time. Also, we are looking at moving to Unity to better support Mac/Linux, as well as open up tablet/phone opportunities. Trade-offs, as usual.

Currently working on getting the targeting distance feature working. It got really complicated once I started considering tokens larger than 1 square. It requires all sorts of contortions, and a new API to define "target size" as opposed to using "graphic size".

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
May 10th, 2014, 05:26
Kewl - just as long as you're aware of it (as I was pretty sure you were) :)

Blacky
May 11th, 2014, 13:26
Moving to Unity is a big thing, however it would be cool to have better graphics, unicode, native Linux & OSX, decent network and so on in one package. And good foundations for the future, for example advanced graphics tools like dynamic lightning and such.

Irondrake
May 11th, 2014, 14:44
Would moving to Unity mean the GM is no longer hosting all of the connections? The only reason I ask is because some of us live in rural areas and the internet is ok for limited numbers, but once you get 5 people connected and someone else at the house decides to do other things (daughter streams Netflix....) you start to hear "LAG" from the players...

Blacky
May 11th, 2014, 15:02
Probably not per se. But it would mean a clean and decent networking layer, meaning it would be possible to get FG up to date in that area (as in separating GM from hoster, doing P2P connexions for a better usage of network bandwidths, QoS to always get a smooth experience and no freeze, fast on the fly compression, and so on) after a switch to the engine.

Trenloe
May 11th, 2014, 20:09
THREAD EDITED: this is happening as per design.

In 3.5E (and therefore PFRPG too) an ATK effect as part of a conditional effect (IFT) shows in the attack roll details, but the modifier is directly applied to the dice roll - but the effect modifier is taken into account when being compared with a specific target when calculating hit/miss. This is deliberate functionality to allow a single attack to be made against more than one target and to not modify the end dice roll total with target specific effects as this would then result in the single attack roll being modified for all targets.

See below. The Ape has a +7 attack, and has an IFT:dazed conditional effect. The target (Ankheg) is dazed and the attack result details show that [EFFECTS +2] were applied, but the +2 was not applied to the actual roll but is included in the hit/miss result.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Effect%20Condition%20Targeting%20bug.jpg

This is just for attacks, for DMG effects the modifier is added to the result.

More info on this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=175269&viewfull=1#post175269

Willot
May 11th, 2014, 23:47
Was thinking (if it doesnt require a big change, otherwise it will become another one for the wishlist). Would it be possible to allow Effect tags in PC Special Abilities Section of the Abilities Tab so that certain Special Abilities of Certain Race types/ Class types are automatically on the PC when Created. EG Dwarf +4 to AC when fighting Giant types. Not A biggie but if its something easy to do might be worth throwing in.

Ikael
May 12th, 2014, 07:32
MW, it seems that DB.copyNode function does not copy "image" type databasenodes correctly. The same applies with windowlists where I have defined acceptdrop with field=*. When copying image typed databasenodes only the <nodename type="image"></nodename> appears after copying, but all important content such as bitmap is not there. Is this expected outcome? When debugging my source database node, I can successfully getValue of image typed databasenode which is table and values seem to be correct there, but it does not get copied :(

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2014, 08:24
Thanks for the reports all. They're on my internal to do list for the beta. Busy week.

Ikael, the DB.copyNode function does not currently support copying of image nodes. (due to additional challenges of implementing additional file duplication for main image, drawings and masks). I should probably add a note to the API. Are you trying to do something other than copy images within the images list?

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
May 14th, 2014, 08:49
Thanks for the reports all. They're on my internal to do list for the beta. Busy week.

Ikael, the DB.copyNode function does not currently support copying of image nodes. (due to additional challenges of implementing additional file duplication for main image, drawings and masks). I should probably add a note to the API. Are you trying to do something other than copy images within the images list?

Regards,
JPG

This requirement popped in during development of Interface Zero 2.0 extension for SW. Me and Kevin got this idea of implementing feature where each weapon, armor and vehicle could have embedded image in their sheets. IZ book contains images representing (almost) each weapon so we though this would be neat feature. The issue is introduced when dragging and dropping weapons and armor into charsheet, because instead of just making them hyperlinks to module, content of the databasenodes are copied into charsheet so that tey could be edited laterwards. Since images are part of the database nodes they stop working/not being copied.

So I believe such embedded image feature cannot be implement for our needs. We can always go with the secondary plan: provide link in description, however I was already so hyped being able to see the weapon's picture directly in my weapon windowclass, oh well, reality hits :)

Valarian
May 14th, 2014, 08:56
Ikael, you can probably do this with a reference windowclass having the image area for the picture, referencing an icon definition for the image. Then, on the character sheet, only store the weapon name / stats and the library reference. When the players click on the link in that character sheet, they get the library item popup, with the image shown. Or is that the same as your secondary plan?

Ikael
May 14th, 2014, 09:04
Ikael, you can probably do this with a reference windowclass having the image area for the picture, referencing an icon definition for the image. Then, on the character sheet, only store the weapon name / stats and the library reference. When the players click on the link in that character sheet, they get the library item popup, with the image shown. Or is that the same as your secondary plan?

Actually my idea was not that neat, I was just thinking of writing link to formattedtextfield, but your approach is much better, thanks!

Irondrake
May 15th, 2014, 13:09
I think I may have found a bug in this version in the 5E ruleset. Haven't run into it until now because we've been running campaigns that were created with prior versions. While starting up a new campaign, characters that are supposed to get choices at first level (Clerics Domain, Mages schools) are not showing up at all. Also, any race that gives more than +1 to a stat (Half-Orc's +2 Str) is being ignored or capped at +1.

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2014, 23:27
Let me look. This might be the fact that the class/race drag and drop auto-add feature doesn't perform that level of automation at this point.

This is one of the reasons why I hesitated adding this sort of feature (complete drag and drop character creation), because character creation is very complex and there is always something new. It increases maintenance time for each ruleset, and there is only one of me working on it now. ;)

JPG

Irondrake
May 16th, 2014, 03:47
Understandable, but it worked so well before... ;)

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2014, 04:34
If it's just a matter of being broken, and the data exists in the module, that should be straightforward. It's on my beta bug/wish list.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
May 16th, 2014, 16:35
Ruleset: 3.5e

Using the DMGTYPE: cold iron effect results in damage TYPE of cold, iron being used when damage is rolled. This results in cold iron DR not being overcome and cold resistance being applied.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2014, 19:39
Just looked at the code. Based on what I can see, the only selections that are currently supported are skill selection (from class proficiency link) and subrace selection (from race link).

The specialty selection data needs to be added to the class data in the module in order for it to be supported with a selection dialog like those.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2014, 19:41
Cold iron was always a pain, since it's the only damage type that uses 2 words. On my list now.

JPG

Blackfoot
May 18th, 2014, 06:53
I was thinking (as I was putting together my latest PF module) that it would be really cool to have a Tactics Tab on the Encounter Window.
You can't really put the Tactics into the monster because a lot of times the monster is used several times in the same module with different tactics... but the Encounter is specific to the instance and is a good place to always look for Tactics. You can of course build them into the Story entry.. but I don't know about you but my story entries tend to get pretty huge.

I'll added this to MW's Idea Informer.. you can vote for it HERE (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=84159)

Myrddin
May 18th, 2014, 13:56
I was thinking (as I was putting together my latest PF module) that it would be really cool to have a Tactics Tab on the Encounter Window.
You can't really put the Tactics into the monster because a lot of times the monster is used several times in the same module with different tactics... but the Encounter is specific to the instance and is a good place to always look for Tactics. You can of course build them into the Story entry.. but I don't know about you but my story entries tend to get pretty huge.

I'll added this to MW's Idea Informer.. you can vote for it HERE (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=84159)

Great idea. I have the same dilemma when preparing my scenarios. Encounter entry would be the ideal place for this.

Irondrake
May 18th, 2014, 14:23
In 5E they changed the wording from cold iron to cold-forged iron. Wonder if it would help if it picked up on cold-forged instead of just "cold" or "iron"? Of course that's only in 5E.

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2014, 05:43
Good idea on the tactics. Would probably just call it Notes for the encounter, to be consistent with other windows. Plus I already have a tab for that. ;)

Cold-forged iron would have the same issue. It has more to do with multiple words than with triggers. A limitation of the current effects system. Something I really want to redo, along with a bunch of other things.

Thanks,
JPG

Mr. Goat
May 19th, 2014, 18:26
we could simply stick it in 1 word ? coldiron? for code purpose

Blackfoot
May 19th, 2014, 21:42
I have another brilliant idea.. *cough* ..I was thinking about the effects that aren't in most spells and how the spell parsing could auto create them.

It seems like any spell that has a duration other than instantaneous should have an effect with the name of the spell in it that operates for the listed duration. This could be automatically set to 'self' because these spells would be more timekeepers than anything else... other 'working' effects could then be added to those effects with their durations already set and half the work already done.
This would probably work for 4e, 3.5e, and PFRPG as well as many of the other rulesets.

I added this to the idea.informer.. you can vote for it HERE (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=50690#comment_form) ... (Actually.. this is some else's similar idea.. I just piggybacked onto it.. my solution hopefully gets it here in the shorter term)

Trenloe
May 19th, 2014, 22:07
we could simply stick it in 1 word ? coldiron? for code purpose
I thought about that, but then thought about how seemless the parsing of NPC stats is at the moment. From NPC FG parses out DR automatically and applies damage types if present. GMs would need to manually edit each NPC statblock to turn "cold iron" into "coldiron" and would have to remember to do this every time. Players would have to remember to also change their damage types to "coldiron" as well. Whereas this might work, if everyone is aware of it and all new players/GMs get to be told about it - which from my experience of being on these forums for so long I know that it is very difficult to get the message out to everyone, so it would be impossible to cover this off with all players moving forwards. It's got to keep the format of the actual RPG the ruleset is for - which is where we are with the current coding issue.

If, as a GM, anyone wants to make the manual changes in NPC and PC records to use "coldiron" instead of "cold iron" then please refer to this thread for further discussion and an extension that adds coldiron as a damage type: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21080-Cold-Iron-damage-type

Mr. Goat
May 20th, 2014, 14:56
still i good temporary fix i mean ^^

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2014, 20:02
For the issue that Trenloe mentioned a while back:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=173898#post173898

This is the expected behavior.
* The original attack roll has the correct modifiers given the attacker making a roll sans target. This attack roll can be dragged and applied to any target.
* When the attack roll is applied to the Ankheg target, it checks the effects, and grants the Ape +2 vs. dazed targets. Modifiers applied which are specific to target are noted in the resolution text (i.e. [EFFECTS +2]), and the resolution total uses original roll total plus target specific modifier.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
May 20th, 2014, 21:16
For the issue that Trenloe mentioned a while back:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=173898#post173898

This is the expected behavior.
* The original attack roll has the correct modifiers given the attacker making a roll sans target. This attack roll can be dragged and applied to any target.
* When the attack roll is applied to the Ankheg target, it checks the effects, and grants the Ape +2 vs. dazed targets. Modifiers applied which are specific to target are noted in the resolution text (i.e. [EFFECTS +2]), and the resolution total uses original roll total plus target specific modifier.

Regards,
JPG
Thanks for taking the time to check into this. With your explanation and thinking of it with specifically targeting in mind that now make sense. Thanks very much. :)

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2014, 23:54
Updates

Targeting distance algorithm adjusted. For square grids: If CT token, then CT space field used; Otherwise, token graphic size used. For hex grids: Token center always used.
[CoreRPG+] Modules created using Export feature will include Library indexes automatically.
[CoreRPG+] Library topic list now sorts according to internal module tags, not alphabetically. This allows developer control over module topic order for content creators.
[CoreRPG+] Updated library book entry usability (click anywhere, focus frame on hover, wrap on long names)
[CoreRPG+] Only tokens linked to combat tracker will display a facing indicator, when the facing option is enabled in the campaign options screen.
[CoreRPG+] Default dice and modifiers can be specified for table records. If dice field is empty, a single die will be selected (if possible) or a random value generated.
[CoreRPG+] Better layout of table records with long column labels.
[CnC/CoC] Dungeon and Wood theme extensions enabled.
[CoreRPG+] When opening modules in the module activation window, the author was being used as the category instead of the category name value in the module entry. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Damage resistance, vulnerability and immunity effects not being applied to damage rolls correctly. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Cold iron damage type not being applied correctly for damage rolls. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when opening parcel records. Fixed.
[5E] Cold-forged iron damage type not being applied correctly for damage rolls. Fixed.
[CnC] When NPC hit point house rule option set to Average, the calculation was not correct. Fixed.
[CnC] Player's handbook not visible in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
[DEV] imagecontrol - Add setTokenOrientationMode function.
[DEV] tokeninstance - Add setOrientationMode function.

JPG

damned
May 21st, 2014, 00:31
you guys are awesome!

Trenloe
May 21st, 2014, 17:26
3.5e cannot delete NPCs from the combat tracker. Get error: Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:108: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
May 21st, 2014, 20:17
Update

[CoreRPG+] NPCs couldn't be deleted from combat tracker. Fixed.

JPG

nordren
May 21st, 2014, 22:07
Awsome!

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2014, 07:32
OK, I really need to control my compulsive need to slip one more thing in. This is feature complete and the version I'm planning to release, except for maybe some bug fixes that crop up in the next week.

Updates

Distance labels on pointers, token paths and targeting arrows made larger and more readable.
The text of links within formatted text controls can be clicked and dragged when control is set to read-only.
Chat text within formatted text controls can be dragged when control is set to read-only.
Drag and drop link shortcuts directly into formatted text fields.
[LAUNCHER] Added button to remove connection history entry
[LAUNCHER] Increased size of connection history display
[LAUNCHER] Click anywhere on extension option to toggle, and extension options highlight on hover.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Spell actions list not displaying new actions in some situations. Fixed.
[CoC] Art, Craft, Other Language and Pilot skill base values not being set correctly. Fixed.
[DEV] distance - Added font tag.

Cheers,
JPG

Ikael
May 27th, 2014, 07:47
Thanks! By the way I noticed some time ago that when you target tokens on maps with the area-selection tool it was very flunky about invoking tokeninstance.onTargetUpdate and tokeninstance.onTargetedUpdate handlers, but now I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore. Was this known issue and was it fixed?

Is there possibility to programmatically set focus on chatentry? I have tried setFocus, but that's not supported by chatentry.

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2014, 09:25
Use setFocus(false) on a stringcontrol, numbercontrol or formattedtextcontrol should do it.

I don't remember changing anything relating to the onTarget update events and no notes, but perhaps I slipped a fix in somewhere along the line as I was working on something else.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2014, 13:11
Not sure if this has been fixed yet or not.. but in the live version (3.0.3) clients seem to be able to select hidden tokens with a group select.

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2014, 23:49
Updates

[LAUNCHER] Updated look and feel of launch message.
[LAUNCHER] Connection history deletion buttons only visible when hovering on connection entry item.
[CoreRPG] Any reference text link can be dropped on Abilities section of character sheet.
Tokens could be selected and targeted by region on the client, even when not visible to the client. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2014, 08:56
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Color picker allows finer adjustment of colors.
[CoreRPG+] Mouse wheel works when used on color picker circles.
[CoreRPG+] Some older modules used inline reference lists in a specific way that was not supported. Fixed.
[DEV] windowcontrol - Added x,y parameters to onWheel event.

Cheers,
JPG

Magnatude
May 29th, 2014, 23:05
Blue Highlight is AWESOME!
BLACK Table Grids, AWESOME!

I'm just getting too old for those colors I can barely see.

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 01:47
Did I miss something? :)

JPG

Magnatude
May 30th, 2014, 07:16
Did I miss something? :)

JPG

Highlight copy/paste, the blue is perfect... My eyes are just getting bad (lens removal and replacements soon), this is less of a strain on them, and trust me, my eyeballs are thanking you.

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 09:20
Unfortunately, that's a bug. While looking through the color code, I found some cases of color codes not being read correctly, so I consolidated them. I missed one. (i.e. formatted text field selection color) Regular text field selection color is still correct.

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 10:05
I'll try a better contrasting selection color as the default for the next cycle. It looks like one of the complementary triad colors from the default brown frame color will work well.

JPG

dulux-oz
May 30th, 2014, 13:02
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Color picker allows finer adjustment of colors.

Hey Moon, just how fine are the adjustments - in other words, is it the same as my Alternate Colour Gizmo Extension (25, 5, 1) and so can I stop supporting the Extension, or are the adjust still courser than this?

Cheers

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 17:20
They are the same as your extension right now. My only concern with the changes is that it takes so many clicks to change the color (i.e. ease of use vs. exactness tradeoff). I'm wondering if I should increase slightly. (50,10,2)

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2014, 22:46
Updates

Updated selection color for better contrast with red/black text on light brown background.
Free licenses can now use Manage Characters mode, just like Player licenses.
Formatted text field selection color incorrect. Fixed.

JPG

dr_venture
May 30th, 2014, 23:50
Hey Moon, don't know whether or not this is a bug, per se... for lack of a better term, it's "non-optimal," but I'm not sure how it should act. The bug is that unidentified weapons (C&C) cannot be used as a weapons, and they don't show up in the weapon selection on the combat tab when copied into the character's inventory. In the perfect world, I wish the weapon would show up without any magical adjustments being displayed... or I guess any weapon details... but obviously that gets complicated. Can you see any simple way of allowing unidentified weapons without disclosing their bonuses to players? Just figured I'd at least mention it.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2014, 00:04
Hey Moon, don't know whether or not this is a bug, per se... for lack of a better term, it's "non-optimal," but I'm not sure how it should act. The bug is that unidentified weapons (C&C) cannot be used as a weapons, and they don't show up in the weapon selection on the combat tab when copied into the character's inventory. In the perfect world, I wish the weapon would show up without any magical adjustments being displayed... or I guess any weapon details... but obviously that gets complicated. Can you see any simple way of allowing unidentified weapons without disclosing their bonuses to players? Just figured I'd at least mention it.
Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21181-Unidentified-Weapons-Unusable-in-PF-and-3-5

psicodelix
May 31st, 2014, 00:26
In 3.5E char sheet, effects that should add TEMP HPs are resolved as healing effects.

dulux-oz
May 31st, 2014, 04:37
They are the same as your extension right now. My only concern with the changes is that it takes so many clicks to change the color (i.e. ease of use vs. exactness tradeoff). I'm wondering if I should increase slightly. (50,10,2)

Well, we generally only set the colour once (at least, that's how I and my players have done things) and the ability to set an exact RGB Colour Code was always being asked for by my Players (which is why I wrote the Extension in the first place), so having a 1 in there is "a good thing" (IMNSHO). If you are concerned with ease of use you could make it (50,10,1) or (100,10,1) - I think (50,10,1) would be the best.

But the important thing is to have the 1 - ie (I,J,1) and make I and J whatever.

As a side note: I chose (25,5,1) because I'm slightly anal and (25,5,1) makes a nice 5-by-5 pattern - if I were less anal I'd probably have chosen (50,10,1) :)

Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers

dr_venture
May 31st, 2014, 05:38
Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21181-Unidentified-Weapons-Unusable-in-PF-and-3-5

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It really sucks, as having unidentified magic items is not unusual, but I certainly understand the nature of the problem. Hopefully a solution will be found at some point. Thanks as always, Tren.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2014, 09:04
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Fine-tuned color adjustments in color picked to be faster for larger color orbs. (50,10,1)
[PFRPG/3.5E] Temporary hit point actions on PC actions tab were healing, instead of adding temporary hit points. Fixed.

JPG

dr_venture
June 1st, 2014, 02:07
Hey, this really isn't a bug, but I mention it here as I think it could be a handy feature if it was easy to implement. Currently, if you drag an attack to the chat window (in C&C at least) and right-click before you drop the attack, you'll add an extra d20 to the attack roll. This is pretty much useless, as the dice are added together, but it would be *really* cool if the extra die represented an additional attack. So for a creature like a Carrion Crawler that gets a varying number of attacks each round, you could just drag the tentacle attack to teh chat window, then right-click a number of times to add the appropriate number of attack rolls for the current round. Make sense?

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2014, 20:12
Final update post, since v3.0.4 is released today. Please post issues in House of Healing for this version. Next beta is already brewing with the Journal prototype thread.

Last Updates

Lighting chat command (/lighting) will allow the alpha channel to be specified (AARRGGBB).
[CoreRPG+] Non-standard dice (Ex: d7) not handled correctly in die slash command when multiple dice specified. Fixed.
[CoreRPG] Missing appearance label on PC notes tab. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Spent skill points not updating when deleting a skill. Fixed.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
June 4th, 2014, 22:15
Congrats on the release MW & Team! Thanks for the bug fixes!

Andraax
June 14th, 2014, 04:18
Don't know exactly when this broke (I don't use it very often) but Character Management for the C&C ruleset throws a bunch of errors. Some when loading up, and others when you try to switch to the roller or point buy interfaces:

Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (characterlist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (modifierstack)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (characterlist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (modifierstack)
Script Error: [string "tab_rolls"]:1: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "tab_points"]:1: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)

Trenloe
June 14th, 2014, 05:01
Don't know exactly when this broke (I don't use it very often) but Character Management for the C&C ruleset throws a bunch of errors. Some when loading up, and others when you try to switch to the roller or point buy interfaces:
It works OK for me when loading the base C&C ruleset in Manage Characters. What version do you see in the chat window?

Does the error occur when using Manage Characters by selecting the C&C ruleset or a previous C&C campaign?

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2014, 06:17
Also not seeing error in current release.

* Have you updated C&C by entering your credentials into settings and selecting Update? (DGA045 should show up in products list.)
* What version displays in the chat window after entering Manage Characters mode?
* Are you using any extensions in Manage Characters mode?

Thanks,
JPG

Andraax
June 14th, 2014, 14:10
I get it when I use it with an existing campaign. Probably one of the extensions I'm using in that campaign. I will continue to experiment to figure out which one it is.

Andraax
June 15th, 2014, 20:40
This is one that has been around a while, just thought to actually mention it. Masking will sometimes reveal stuff that is masked. In this screen shot, you can make out where the rooms / corridors are in the underlying image because the grid appears "smudged" in those areas.

M_A_G_O
June 20th, 2014, 22:17
I tried to write in other post...

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2014, 05:20
Is anyone else having issues with encounters losing track of which tokens are set for them?
In CoreRPG running v3.0.5..
I build a generic 'Thug' and set a token for it.
I then drop him into an encounter 'Street Gang'.
I turn him into 9 Thugs.
I then set different tokens for each of the 9 thugs (something I was able to do in the past and it 'looks' like I can do now)... but...
As soon as I close the encounter.. wham. They are all set back to the base token again. ??

Trenloe
June 25th, 2014, 05:34
This is the beta release 3.0.4 thread - I'd recommend posting in the 3.0.5 thread or, better, creating a new thread for specific issues anyone might have.

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2014, 06:01
It could have been a 3.0.4 problem.. I'm not really sure.. and I couldn't find a current bug thread... and starting a new one for one small issue seems kinda lame. No? I'd hate to waste them.. they might run out!

Trenloe
June 25th, 2014, 06:13
See post #100 from M_W: "Final update post, since v3.0.4 is released today. Please post issues in House of Healing for this version."

He's probably ignoring posts here. In fact, this thread should be closed. I'm going to do that now...