PDA

View Full Version : War of the Burning Sky - D&D 4e

Starcrawler
April 13th, 2014, 12:04
As the new year turns, the weather takes a sudden chill turn, and the sky darkens as the grip of winter intensifies. Worry rises as regular channels of communication between nations cease like a candle suddenly snuffed. Slowly, throughout the lands claimed by the Ragesian Empire, rumors spread between isolated villages, traveling by foot and horse and word of mouth -- rumors that Drakus Coaltongue, the immortal emperor whose armies conquered every land he set his gaze upon, has fallen in a distant land to the west. How the tyrant was defeated is unknown, but if it is true, everyone knows that a war is coming. The generals of Emperor Coaltongue will strike for control, oppressed peoples will rise up in rebellion, and dangers once held in check only by fear of the mighty warlord will bring doom to the world.

Those in power are preparing for the coming conflict, readying fervent armies and powerful weapons and subtle, deceptive plots, but two questions burn in their minds: who killed the seemingly-immortal Emperor Coaltongue; and what has become of the artifact that would let a man rule the world? Who has the Torch of the Burning Sky?

FG License: Full License so you require at least a lite license to play.
Game System: D&D 4e
Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Saturday at 7:00 PM EST / 12:00 AM GMT (Sunday).
Frequency: Weekly 4 hours each session.
Term: Long term (Full Level 1-30)

Text or Voice:
Text only.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Good mix of role-play and Combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 players, 1 (Maybe 2) needed.
Character starting level & equipment: Players are currently level 13
Character restrictions: Everything is allowed (Including essentials). However if you take something from the dragon magazine please provide me with a reference to the magazine used.

This is a second attempt at this campaign, my first was on Thursdays but unfortunately due to mostly work related reasons it came to a grinding halt, so as a group (Mostly new players who weren't around from the first module) we decided to restart from the beginning and change the day to Saturdays, so here we are. Please only join if you can commit to a long campaign, this will be a full campaign all the way from level 1 to level 30 and could take a few years, I'm committing to that as a DM so I would like the same level of commitment from players :) but I do understand that sometimes life happens, so that's understandable.

I would also like a focus to be on Roleplaying, so would like players who enjoy RPing, I have one rule for character building - Build characters, not builds (IE. No power gaming) I would like characters that feel like they belong in the world with good development, as they have been affected by the oncoming war just like everyone else. So I don't want the "Perfect" character.

If you're interested in joining, reply here or hit me up with a PM, I will also need your email so I can send you the (Free) WotBS Players guide.

Oak
April 14th, 2014, 03:09
PM sent

Starcrawler
April 15th, 2014, 21:32
We currently have four players looking for a fifth, the party consists of A Controller (Wizard), and two strikers (Barbarian and Rogue) and possibly a leader. So we just need a defender (Or possibly leader) now if anyone is interested :).

Corax
May 11th, 2014, 17:24
Hi Starcrawler, just tried to message you, not sure if received? Are you still needing other players - have signed up for game?

fatalnightshade
May 11th, 2014, 22:14
are you still looking for people because if so id love to join ya ^-^

Tsuru
May 12th, 2014, 02:11
If you still need more players, I am interested. Add me on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SF666/

Starcrawler
May 17th, 2014, 22:57
Hey guys!

Sorry for the late response to all your posts, however sadly there aren't any spaces available in the group, we have a full group of six (I originally wanted five so already have one extra). However I shall keep all of you in mind should anyone have to bow out and I'm in need of a replacement and any of you are still available or looking to join.

Star.

fatalnightshade
September 2nd, 2014, 22:52
well if need be i might be able to squeeze a session in saturday night :-p

Starcrawler
November 9th, 2014, 20:21
Hey all, currently looking for one additional player to join our ranks, this is a relatively heavy RP campaign although there is a lot of combat as well (With RP continuing even during combat) so we would love someone who enjoys RPing in D&D 4e, we use pure text for both IC and OOC and begin at 7:00 PM EST on Saturdays, more info in the first post. Players are currently level 5. Please PM me or Post here if interested :).

Edit: Position has been filled, if you're still interested feel free to message me anyway and you'll be the first to hear if a spot opens in the future.

Starcrawler
January 20th, 2015, 14:45
Hey all :). We're currently in need of a new player to join our ranks, we're still going strong after almost a year with the majority of people we started with, if you wish to be a part of this long term campaign then feel free to PM me or post here :). We are in strong need of a leader role at the moment. Please read the first post for more info, players are currently level six :).

Edit: Position has been filled, thanks :).

Starcrawler
October 16th, 2016, 21:03
Hey all. Sadly one of our long term players has had to leave due to a change in jobs. As such we have an opening for this campaign.

Players are currently level 12 (paragon tier). Most of the group have been around since the beginning of the campaign in 2014. This campaign has a good mix of RP and combat and is done via FG text only. Please check the opening post for more information. If you are interested in joining a very friendly group who welcomes everyone, whether you're new to 4e or a veteran, then please PM me or reply to this thread to express your interest :).

Oak
October 24th, 2016, 05:22
/bump

Could use another to join in the merriment and troll stabbings! :)