PDA

View Full Version : Heartbleed & FG site

sakmerlin37
April 13th, 2014, 02:06
A few months ago I had noticed that my password did not work anymore on FG and had to recover it (I posted a message to this effect in the forum); given the revelations about the Heartbleed OpenSSL bug, has anybody tested Fantasy Grounds' website for vulnerability?

Cheers!

Steve

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2014, 02:57
It was patched yesterday. We recommend that everyone update their passwords.

Regards,
JPG

sakmerlin37
April 13th, 2014, 09:31
@JPG

Thanks for the confirmation & the effort to get this patched. I updated my password & not only is it a good one, but it is now singular to your website :P... even though I am (admittedly) a paranoid IT security professional, I had grown lazy & used the same password amongst many sites. At least the Heartbleed OpenSSL bug forced me, and I hope others, to adopt best-standard practices again.

Nickademus
April 13th, 2014, 19:52
/lazy

*grumbles*

sakmerlin37
April 14th, 2014, 18:47
/lazy

*grumbles*

hah - I'm grumbling right along with you there... *sigh*

Now, given my brain injury, I'm going to have to do something I have NEVER done: create a password storage file/book etc. I ABSOLUTELY hate that idea, but I also hate resetting my password everytime I forget it; and, nowadays, that seems waaaaay too often.

Nickademus
April 14th, 2014, 18:50
Yep. Had to do that. At least I don't have to come up with a password (https://strongpasswordgenerator.com/).

Andraax
April 14th, 2014, 22:27
Use LastPass. It has modules / extensions for nearly all the browsers (even those on mobile platforms), a good strong password generator, and also stores an encrypted database of your passwords.