PDA

View Full Version : Problems with bought adventures

Hastur
April 11th, 2014, 23:43
Hi!

I've posted this issue before at the Pathfinder-section. I am thankful for the responses there but I still got the problem. ;-) I assume that my problem is somehow connected to the 3.0 upgrade, but what do I know:
I bought the adventures "Crypt of the Sun Lord" and "Fangs from the Past". There's a problem with the parcels in both adventures. The money seems to be right, but the items are not there. Instead there are just items called "New item" with the FG-link-button. And if I click on that link-button, then an empty item-window opens and the console says:
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (description) in windowclass (item_main)
Script Error [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua]:81: attempt to index global 'description' (a nil value)
If there are problems in 3.0 with modules that are made before, this had to be indicated at the shop in my humble opinion. If there is no solution of that issue I stop buying modules and extensions at the shop because I never know if the products I buy are fully working.
And a second question just for clearification. If your servers are down I am no longer able to open my campaigns? Really? The website was down a few minutes ago and I was not able to use my FG. If this is the case I really hope you keep up the continuous service and I dont have to regret the over 100 bucks I spent.
Really not want to be rude -I appreciate all your work and understand the conditions you are dealing with - but my language skills are not sufficient to be polite. ;-)

Greetings
Hastur

Trenloe
April 11th, 2014, 23:55
And a second question just for clearification. If your servers are down I am no longer able to open my campaigns? Really? The website was down a few minutes ago and I was not able to use my FG. If this is the case I really hope you keep up the continuous service and I dont have to regret the over 100 bucks I spent.
Really not want to be rude -I appreciate all your work and understand the conditions you are dealing with - but my language skills are not sufficient to be polite. ;-)r
Simple: disable the alias before you start your campaign. If you're using an alias FG needs to connect to the corporate FG server to register your alias and IP address to allow the alias to work. If the corporate FG server is down, just make sure "Enable alias" is off before you start your campaign.

Hastur
April 11th, 2014, 23:57
And again Trenloe is my answer-hero :-) Thanks m8!

Trenloe
April 12th, 2014, 00:05
I thought that the timeout for not reaching the alias server had been reduced to a level that you just had to wait a few seconds before it would timeout and continue. Certainly older releases of FG would not progress for a long time (minutes) after the "Start" button was pressed if the FG alias server was not available. But, if you are having issues, just disable the alias and give your players your external IP address to connect.

damned
April 12th, 2014, 00:47
Hi Trenloe - none of that works for full Ultimate license holders with free/demo players connecting...
:(

damned
April 12th, 2014, 00:49
Hastur,

On one hand the parcels not containing the items is probably not a major issue it should be easy enough to fix... send an email to [email protected] with the details so they can fix or at the least update the description on the product.

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2014, 05:00
Working on patch to address in v3.0.4, in addition to other migration improvements.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
April 12th, 2014, 05:37
Hi Trenloe - none of that works for full Ultimate license holders with free/demo players connecting...
:(
Yes, you're right - but the original question was regarding just opening a campaign and it is obvious that the OP only has a full license.

Good info for people with Ultimate licenses to keep in mind though - you can use the above "disable alias" trick to start your campaign if the FG servers are down and allow players with ultimate, full or lite licenses to connect OK; but free/unregistered players will not be able to connect if the player cannot connect to the FG corporate servers to validate the ultimate license they are connection too.

Hastur
April 12th, 2014, 08:49
Thanks for the answers :-) It's good that I am able to work on campaigns even if the FG server is down. That was my initial question.
But I really don't like the fact, that I am not able to play with my players if the server is down. I have an ultimate licence, but if I had knewn before, that the functionality depends on the FG-servers I would not have bought it. I really don't like this kind of dependency, don't like verifications servers that allow me to play a game or use a software etc. Even though I understand why you are using this mechanism.

damned
April 13th, 2014, 11:20
its not your license that has to check in - it is the free licenses that have to validate...
i dont like it either but its the way it is...
normally outages are infrequent - they did have some physical server issues last year that took some resolving and there have been a couple in the last 2 months :(