PDA

View Full Version : SW Maker

Pages : [1] 2

Ikael
April 6th, 2014, 15:24
Tool to create Fantasy Grounds NPC records from text-based Savage Worlds stat blocks.

How to use

Download the extension from this post and place it to Fantasy Grounds' extensions folder
Enable the extension (NPC Maker) when launching SavageWorlds (or SWD) ruleset
Copy stat blocks to your clipboard (CTRL+C)
Open NPC masterindex from sidebar
Click the "Make NPC" button on top left and you got your NPC!

This extension was previously known as SW NPC Maker

FGU version is available in Forge, seehttps://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/109/view

Ikael
April 6th, 2014, 23:24
Quick update: v0.7 (build 1)
With this update I am able to copy stat blocks from several PDF books directly and make NPC out of those. I have been testing Realms of Cthulhu and Solomon Kane. No more need to tweak content to match required pattern for these. In addition Realms of Cthulhu patterns are being supported, ie. Sanity, Corruption, Terror derived stats are managed and several other factors: Mental Anguish etc.

Ikael
April 8th, 2014, 20:46
This new update provides following features:

More flexible stat blocks parsing/reading: Most of the time I can copy any existing stat blocks from directly from PDF and make FG NPC from it
Support to parse multiple stat blocks at one time: More than one stat block can be parsed. For instance you could gather (copy-paste) several NPC stat blocks from various sources into single text-file and separate each NPC with ########## line (there must be at least 10 #'s in the line and the line cannot have any other content). After that you could copy the whole content of stat blocks to your clipboard memory (CTRL+C) and make NPC from all them with one click of "Make NPC"
Several utility slashcommands added: /makenpc-update /makenpc-clean /makenpc-remove. When you first time Make NPC with this utility the extension will persist the source stat blocks into hidden NPC field and when /makenpc-update is called it will rebuild the NPC from the source. This is useful when moving to new extension version that provides better parsing. Clean slashcommand removes the hidden stat block source from NPCs in given tab group making them regular FG NPCs (update cannot be utilized thereafter for the npc). Target tab group can be defined in the slash command as paramter, for instance /makenpc-clean uglies would clean stat block data from all NPCs in uglies tab group. Remove slashcommand can be used to remove all made NPC from given group tab. This command will only remove NPCs which have hidden stat block source persited in their data so no other/your custom created NPCs are affected. To remove made NPC from "FooBar" tab group use command: /makenpc-remove foobar.
Export NPCs into library module: New slash command added: /makenpc-module will popup export dialogue to export all of your NPCs as bestiary library module. How does this differ from exporting NPCs with regular /export? -- They are not shown in personalities by default, instead they can be opened from library view like any other commercial product's NPCs. You can drag them to personalities list to use them. This feature allows you to build your massive NPC bestiary library. The exported database structure respects SW Deluxe module's bestiary structure so you could use this tool to build NPC library, export it and utilize generated XML in your commercial product conversion.

See more about feature in attached images

Sample exported module data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.0" release="3.4">
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<library>
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<bestiary_cthulhuhirviot>
<name type="string">Cthulhuhirviot</name>
<categoryname type="string">Hirviot</categoryname>
<entries>
<cthulhuhirviot_badasses>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Badasses</name>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p></p>
</description>
<index>
<chthoniansfulladult>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>reference_cthulhuhirviot.chthoniansfulladult</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Chthonians, Full Adult</name>
</chthoniansfulladult>
<elderthings>
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>reference_cthulhuhirviot.elderthings</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Elder Things</name>
</elderthings>
<ghasts>
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>reference_cthulhuhirviot.ghasts</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Ghasts</name>
</ghasts>
<nightgaunts>
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>reference_cthulhuhirviot.nightgaunts</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Ni ghtgaunts</name>
</nightgaunts>
</index>
</cthulhuhirviot_badasses>
</entries
</bestiary_cthulhuhirviot>
</category>
</library>
<reference_cthulhuhirviot>
<chthoniansfulladult>
<agility type="dice">d6</agility>
<agilityMod type="number">0</agilityMod>
<armor type="number">2</armor>
<charisma type="number">0</charisma>
<corruption type="number">0</corruption>
<grit type="number">0</grit>
<hostility type="number">1</hostility>
<name type="string">Chthonians, Full Adult</name>
<pace type="number">6</pace>
<parry type="number">7</parry>
<sanity type="number">0</sanity>
<skills>
<id-00001>
<name type="string">Fighting</name>
<skill type="dice">d10</skill>
<skillmod type="number">0</skillmod>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<name type="string">Knowledge (Mythos)</name>
<skill type="dice">d12</skill>
</id-00002>
<id-00003>
<name type="string">Notice</name>
<skill type="dice">d12</skill>
</id-00003>
</skills>

.... CONTENT REMOVED ...

</chthoniansfulladult>
</reference_cthulhuhirviot>
</category>
</root>

Ikael
April 19th, 2014, 16:23
I would like to point out that this extension is compatible with several other sources not mentioned in the first post. If there are any venturous people to try out making NPCs from their PDF resources (commercial or fan based) and mentioning the general how-did-it-go and how-good-was-the-output, I would approciate. Personally I am enjoying to be able to make quick SW NPC stats from almost any source, but that said, I have only very narrow set of resources I use :)

Doswelk
April 20th, 2014, 20:29
I would like to point out that this extension is compatible with several other sources not mentioned in the first post. If there are any venturous people to try out making NPCs from their PDF resources (commercial or fan based) and mentioning the general how-did-it-go and how-good-was-the-output, I would approciate. Personally I am enjoying to be able to make quick SW NPC stats from almost any source, but that said, I have only very narrow set of resources I use :)
Works well enough to save me some time!
Vigor should have been d6 (but suspect that was due to formatting in PDF)

Nice Extension!:D

p.s. The reason there are two Agents is that I forgot about your extension until after I created the empty entry, not a problem with your extension!

damned
April 21st, 2014, 00:14
this is some nice stuff Ikael :)

Ikael
April 21st, 2014, 09:19
Works well enough to save me some time!
Vigor should have been d6 (but suspect that was due to formatting in PDF)

Glad to hear it provided some usefulness. I would also be willing to know more about the vigor formating. Maybe next version could handle it as well. I have my guess why does it occur, but if you could send me small screenshot how is it in pdf (just the issuing information) and the copy-pasted text, I could confirm the cause and do the fix.

grimm182
April 21st, 2014, 16:25
Used this last night to make 10 npcs in 5mins....awesome work and thanks!!!

tlavalle
April 22nd, 2014, 00:59
works with War of the Dead pdfs. equipment doesnt get added though.

Ikael
April 22nd, 2014, 15:21
works with War of the Dead pdfs. equipment doesnt get added though.
Equipment is usually difficultest to parse, just because the title has so many variations: gear, equipment, items, combination of them and much more. If you can give me sample stat blocks I can make it supported as well

tlavalle
April 22nd, 2014, 15:38
Equipment is usually difficultest to parse, just because the title has so many variations: gear, equipment, items, combination of them and much more. If you can give me sample stat blocks I can make it supported as well

Will do once I get home

tlavalle
April 23rd, 2014, 03:30
here is a stat block with equipment.

Police Officer
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6,
Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Driving d6, Fighting d8, Guts d4, Knowledge
(Law Enforcement) d8, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Stealth
d6, Survival d6, Swimming d6, Throwing d6
Charisma: +0 Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 10 (6)
Hindrances: Vow (Major, serve and protect)
Edges: None
Equipment: Kevlar Weave Vest (+4 Toughness, SWAT
team only), AR-15 (Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8,
RoF 3, Shots 20, AP 2, Auto, 3RB) .45 Pistol (Range:
12/24/48, Damage: 2d6+1, RoF 1, Shots: 10, AP 2,
Semi-Auto), 12 gauge shot gun (Range: 12/24/48,
Damage: 1-3d6, RoF 1, Shots: 6, AP 2), Handcuffs

Draeus
April 23rd, 2014, 12:33
Ikael you have done it again!! You have just saved me a ton of time!! AWESOME WORK!!

Ikael
April 23rd, 2014, 15:00
Ikael you have done it again!! You have just saved me a ton of time!! AWESOME WORK!!

Good to hear that you found it useful. Also here is small update for it:

NPC Maker v0.8 (build 2) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6387&stc=1&d=1398262778)

Better parsing support for multtilined attributes [fixes issue mentioned by Doswelk]
Understands title: Equipment as gear [fixes issue mentioned by tlavalle].

If you use this new version you can auto-update your existing NPC stat blocks created by this tool with following command:

/makenpc-update

This will look for NPCs created with the tool and will update them. NOTE: IF YOU HAVE DONE ANY CHANGES TO NPCs CREATED WITH THIS TOOL, THOSE CHANGES WOULD BE LOST, SO BE CAREFUL AND USE THE UPDATE COMMAND ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY MANUAL CHANGES! Use of the update command is optional, you can live without it as well.

PS: Thank you very much Doswelk and tlavalle for your feedback and test material, the tool get better because of those!

tlavalle
April 25th, 2014, 21:36
thanks Ikael I will give it a try.

Ikael
April 28th, 2014, 13:49
Minor update: NPC Maker v0.8 (build 3) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6398&d=1398689210)
This update makes Interface Zero extra-well supported by the tool.

Hector Trelane
April 30th, 2014, 11:06

I agree, this is pretty amazing! I have played around just a little and found good success with various mob foe NPCs and even some principle NPC foes included in Savage Worlds one-shot PDFs. They seem to be working well. (One NPCs had extra spaces in certain words on the "Main" tab of the NPC sheet -- a minor glitch I could correct manually.)

I was NOT able, however, to consistently create NPCs from the Savage Worlds Pregenerated character collections. Namely, this tool did NOT successfully create NPCs copied from the PDF "Deadlands Noir Archetypes" (most info was missing). Strangely, it DID properly create NPCs copied from the "Pregenerated Characters: Rippers Heroes" PDF.

P.S. It also accurately detected when I tried to "Make NPC" using stats for a GURPS character, yielding the following error message: "WARNING! Your input source is malformed, cannot convert! Make sure you have copied valid stat blocks to clipboard."

grapper
May 13th, 2014, 03:26
Here is a stat block that didn't work (Malformed input) I suspect the problem is that there is no punctuation between values, only whitespace.

Taso Anas (Wild Card)
Attributes: Agility: d6 Smarts: d6 Spirit: d6
Strength: d6 Vigor: d6
Skills: Fighting: d4 Guts: d6 Notice: d6 Persuasion:
d6 Gambling: d4 Streetwise: d8
Knowledge(Literature): d8
Charisma: +2 Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5
Hindrances:
Edges: Yellow, Habit (Alcohol)
Gear: Dagger (Str+d4)

Addendum: It isn't the just white space it is the colon ( : ) after the Attribute and Skill names

Ikael
May 13th, 2014, 08:08
Seems very valid stat blocks to me, I will take closer look and make it compatible :)

Here is a stat block that didn't work (Malformed input) I suspect the problem is that there is no punctuation between values, only whitespace.

Taso Anas (Wild Card)
Hindrances:

Addendum: It isn't the just white space it is the colon ( : ) after the Attribute and Skill names

Ikael
May 13th, 2014, 09:31
And we're done: NPC Maker v0.8 (build 4) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6468&stc=1&d=1399969501)
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6468&stc=1&d=1399969501) Thanks for letting me know the issues and you were right : was messing around attributes and skills, but now even that pattern is being supported! One step at time to perfection :D
Also I added feature that if you have (Wild Card) in the name section, then NPC is marked as wild card.

Another yet undocumented features is that if character's name starts with ? it means that NPC is wild card as well. By default NPCs are NEUTRAL but if you add + or - before the name you can alter if NPC is FRIENDLY (+) or HOSTILE (-). For instance to create hostile wild card bad-azz the name should be

-?Bad-azz Boss

Taso Anas (Wild Card)
Hindrances:

grapper
May 13th, 2014, 13:56
Awesome! Thank you! Inputting npc stats was always my least favorite part of translating pdfs into FG and this makes things so much easier.

Ikael
May 13th, 2014, 19:47
Awesome! Thank you! Inputting npc stats was always my least favorite part of translating pdfs into FG and this makes things so much easier.

Do you mind sharing which PDF/source did you work with? I could include it into supported-list

grapper
May 13th, 2014, 22:20
This was from the Blood Legacy of Mars pdf.

Ikael
September 6th, 2014, 13:50
Small update: SW NPC Maker_v0.8_build5.ext uploaded. This update makes the tool compatible with NPC statblocks that does not have attribute values. For instance ghost might not have Strength attribute value at all and in stat blocks they are usually annotated as: Strength: -

Ikael
October 6th, 2014, 18:01
Minor update: SW NPC Maker_v0.8_build6.ext (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7628&d=1412614745)

Armor Piercing values are supported
Bugfix: Gear weapon damage of STR was not accepted

Ikael
November 17th, 2014, 22:22
Thread updated to match current status of Savage Worlds v4.0. New version uploaded

Ikael
January 6th, 2015, 17:07
New version is available and you download it from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8619&d=1420562360). This update adds new feature to the tool: Name Maker. This is extemely simple tool which can "generate" names for host. This tool does not generate names from scratch, instead of a list of possible names are provided and this tool randomly picks one of them and shows it. At the moment this tool includes:

983 fantasy female names
1095 fantasy male names
1218 moden male names
4273 modern female names
1003 modern family names
327 monster names

This tool can be used to create different sets of names and at the moment it includes following premade name sets:

Fantasy male
Fantasy female
Modern male
Modern female
Monster

Each name set can be configured to generate combined names. For instance Modern male and Modern female name sets will both generate name which contains firstname and lastname. You can also alter what delimiter is used between two names (or even randomize it)

You can provide your own name set by creating simple extension. See attach SW NameMaker Sampler extension. To create own name set extension all you need to do is:

Provide list of names (or use pre-existing ones)
Register your new name set and configure how it produces names

Following example describes what SW NameMaker Sampler contains:

names_kalevala.lua file contains list of names

names = {
"Ainikki",
"Aino",
"Antero",
"Ilmarinen",
"Ilmatar",
"Joukahainen",
"Kalervo",
"Kaleva",
"Kauko",
"Kaukomieli",
"Kullervo",
"Kyllikki",
"Lemminkäinen",
"Lempi",
"Louhi",
"Luonnotar",
"Marjatta",
"Osmo",
"Sampo",
"Seppo",
"Tellervo",
"Ukko",
"Untamo",
"Vellamo",
"Väinämöinen",
}

Note that each name list must be defined to be script. This was done in extension.xml file

<script name="KalevalaName" file="names_kalevala.lua" />

And lastly name list was registered in launcher.lua file

NameMakerManager.registerNameList("Kalevala names", KalevalaName.names)

Sampler also includes more complex name set called Gibberish. Its configuration is:

NameMakerManager.registerNameList("Gibberish", KalevalaName.names, GibberishName.gibberish1, {list = GibberishName.gibberish2, delimiter = " '-~"})

This produces three-part name for you, where the first part is randomly picked from KalevalaName name list, then the second part is randomly picked up from GibberishName.gibberish1 name list (see names_gibberish.lua file. It contains two name lists). These two names are separated with whitespace. The last part of the name is randomly picked from GibberishName.gibberish2 name list (again see names_gibberish.lua) but instead of always using whitespace delimiter to separate it from second part, there is randomized delimiter which can be either ' or - or ~ or whitespace.

I am not anthropologist and I haven't researched how different culture names are created but if you have good ideas how to improvide this tool, please let me know and I can see if I can incorporate your idea into the tool.

heyhogan
January 22nd, 2015, 02:21
Very interesting. I will give this a try tonight. I have been using Hero labs to build some NPCs, and maybe now I can import them into FG faster with this tool. I'll give it a try and let you know.

***Update***
Yes, this is an awesome extension!!! I can now export Hero Lab stat blocks and import them into FG and make NPCs faster. Better yet, I can then DRAG and DROP the NPC to the character window and make him a character. This is now a better way to import Hero Labs into Fantasy grounds. They need to make this a UNIVERSAL extension so it works with the other rule sets. The only thing I noticed is that I needed to make the NPC a wild card BEFORE moving to the Character, otherwise I could not change into a Wild card there. Not a big deal, but something to note.

Ikael
January 22nd, 2015, 05:57
Very interesting. I will give this a try tonight. I have been using Hero labs to build some NPCs, and maybe now I can import them into FG faster with this tool. I'll give it a try and let you know.

***Update***
Yes, this is an awesome extension!!! I can now export Hero Lab stat blocks and import them into FG and make NPCs faster. Better yet, I can then DRAG and DROP the NPC to the character window and make him a character. This is now a better way to import Hero Labs into Fantasy grounds. They need to make this a UNIVERSAL extension so it works with the other rule sets. The only thing I noticed is that I needed to make the NPC a wild card BEFORE moving to the Character, otherwise I could not change into a Wild card there. Not a big deal, but something to note.

Wow, great to hear the tool supports herolab SW statblocks! I guess I have somewhat succeeded in making the parser generic enough :)

PS: you can right click on PC sheet's Wild Card icon and toggle him/her to be wild card. No need to setup it beforehand in NPC sheet. This is old feature already :)

hawkwind
January 23rd, 2015, 19:49
I tried it on Shanitar the Legends arise and the old Sci fi tool kit bestiary. Is there any any way of just exporting the npc's so you can reuse them?

great work by the way and very much appreciated , this extension and the new version four frame work have bought savage worlds bang up to date in Fantasy Grounds.

ddavison
January 23rd, 2015, 19:53
Once you've created them using the NPC Maker, you can export all your creatures or just ones you select using the slash command "/export". It will make a library of whatever you categories you select or individual items that you drag and drop onto the export window.

Ikael
January 23rd, 2015, 21:14
Alternatively you can use tool's slash command "/makenpc-module". This is very similar to /export except that it doesn't bother you with other export options. In addition if you have put your NPC into different groups, they will be exported into own library pages. See attached images in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20807-SW-NPC-Maker-extension&p=172211&viewfull=1#post172211) for more info.

AstaSyneri
January 28th, 2015, 16:20
What a wonderful, wonderful tool.

Using it to import characters for All for One right now - and the only thing that's problematic is Gear.

Typical King or Queen’s Musketeer
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6,
Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Riding
d6, Shooting d6, Taunt d6
Fencing Styles: Pick one
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Loyal
Edges: Combat Reflexes
Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range: 12/24/48,
Damage: 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
Parry), horse

Essentially the extra line breaks throw the importer off, and Attacks and Special aren't filled in (are they supposed to be?) on the Combat tab. On the Inventory tab the block cuts off after

Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range: 12/24/48,

On exporting I get an error, though:

Script Error: [string "npcs/maketool.lua"]:208: export: Invalid parameters. Pretty much doesn't seem to matter what parameters I am entering in the dialog.

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 16:39

Using it to import characters for All for One right now - and the only thing that's problematic is Gear.

Essentially the extra line breaks throw the importer off, and Attacks and Special aren't filled in (are they supposed to be?) on the Combat tab. On the Inventory tab the block cuts off after

Script Error: [string "npcs/maketool.lua"]:208: export: Invalid parameters. Pretty much doesn't seem to matter what parameters I am entering in the dialog.

Seems like you found one thing that is not currently supported by the tool. I can take a look on it and try to make it compatible. Could you copy-paste some stat blocks from from your source to me (email to private). I would need those to replicate the issue and do fix for it.

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 19:54

After quickly checking this, there is minor error in export which I will fix soon (related converting campaign from SW into SW4, now I don't need to support SW3 anymore). The reason why your stat blocks are not read correctly is that your gear has : in range and damages. If you remove those then your stat block is fine, ie.
"Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range 12/24/48,
Damage 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
Parry), horse "

new lines do not break parsing, but the fact that : is used in majority of products to state that new section beings (skills, special abilities, gear etc) and thus should not be used within those sections. However I will try if I can enhance parsing slightly that you can have : within ()'s

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 23:03
New version is uploaded. This update enhances parsing, fixes export bug and will auto-add token to created entries. The token will be the letter token based on entry name's first letter. One major difference is that the tool is no longer accessable from GM tools, instead there is new button in Personalities listing ("Make NPC") next to Encounters button, otherwise it works the same, but you can also drag-and-drop that button to your hotkeys.

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 23:12
AstaSyneri, you should be able to use the newest version to create NPCs from All for One stat blocks.

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2015, 23:15
Personalities? What if one is using Deadlands where it's split between Humans and Critters?

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 23:31
Double post, see below...

Ikael
January 28th, 2015, 23:33
Good point. Can you check if the button is in either of lists (suspect humans). Has anyone btw even used the tool with Deadlands? In any case you can always use slashcommand: /makenpc

Now that I think about it, Deadlands might have never been supported by the tool.

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2015, 23:36
I can't try it right now but I've tried it before and it worked. It would create NPCs in the Critters section by default.

AstaSyneri
January 29th, 2015, 09:29
After quickly checking this, there is minor error in export which I will fix soon (related converting campaign from SW into SW4, now I don't need to support SW3 anymore). The reason why your stat blocks are not read correctly is that your gear has : in range and damages. If you remove those then your stat block is fine, ie.
"Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range 12/24/48,
Damage 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
Parry), horse "

new lines do not break parsing, but the fact that : is used in majority of products to state that new section beings (skills, special abilities, gear etc) and thus should not be used within those sections. However I will try if I can enhance parsing slightly that you can have : within ()'s

Thank you very much, Ikael! I'll try it tonight. Is the importer to fill in the Weapons section (clickable weapons damage) and make the Special Abilities (Edges, Hindrances) connect to their reference entries? It's something I noticed didn't work so I'd have to redo that manuable (all of Doswelk's HOE characters have that feature, so I guess I have to do it as well).

Ikael
January 29th, 2015, 10:42
Thank you very much, Ikael! I'll try it tonight. Is the importer to fill in the Weapons section (clickable weapons damage) and make the Special Abilities (Edges, Hindrances) connect to their reference entries? It's something I noticed didn't work so I'd have to redo that manuable (all of Doswelk's HOE characters have that feature, so I guess I have to do it as well).

The tool will fill up weapon sections partially ie. it will fill up damage, range, rof (if it's able to understand these matters). This will grant clickable damages. The tool will write special abilities into list and their description into main tab-page, but won't setup references to modules since the source does not provide any real link, just free form text. There is possibility to enhance tool to try to match certain keyword to create the link, but I feel that would be way too flunky anyways. If you have created NPC you can manually setup links yourself. If I remember right you will need to hold ALT down and drop link to NPC abilities to link it instead of creating new one.

AstaSyneri
January 29th, 2015, 12:52
The tool will fill up weapon sections partially ie. it will fill up damage, range, rof (if it's able to understand these matters). This will grant clickable damages. The tool will write special abilities into list and their description into main tab-page, but won't setup references to modules since the source does not provide any real link, just free form text. There is possibility to enhance tool to try to match certain keyword to create the link, but I feel that would be way too flunky anyways. If you have created NPC you can manually setup links yourself. If I remember right you will need to hold ALT down and drop link to NPC abilities to link it instead of creating new one.

Wouldn't it be "relatively" easy to compare an ability vs. the set names of Edges and Hindrances from SWEX and automatically insert those as linked special abilities? That is a limited set (and more work for you :( )...

I'd assume that these edges are the ones that come up the most often anyway...

Ikael
January 29th, 2015, 12:56
Wouldn't it be "relatively" easy to compare an ability vs. the set names of Edges and Hindrances from SWEX and automatically insert those as linked special abilities? That is a limited set (and more work for you :( )...

I'd assume that these edges are the ones that come up the most often anyway...

Like I meantioned it's possible, but it wouldn't that accurate since there is no limitation how ability names are written there. Everything is free-text so there is chance of error and thus I prefer not to do it. IMO it's far worse that tool creates something that might not be correct and that it would not do it at all. Specially that there might be many special abilities per entry.

Ikael
January 29th, 2015, 19:06
I can't try it right now but I've tried it before and it worked. It would create NPCs in the Critters section by default.

I checked this extension with Deadlands: Reloaded and "Make NPC" button is not displayed in either Human nor Critters lists. I do not have plans to change this but Deadlands users can always use /makenpc slashcommand to make NPCs into critters list.

AstaSyneri
January 29th, 2015, 21:40
Hm. Version 0.9 build2 is 20kb lighter than the previous one. Is that intended? Looks like the name generator is not in it.

With vanilla SWEX loaded, I had to use the command line. Attacks are filled nicely.

Ikael
January 29th, 2015, 21:43
Hm. Version 0.9 build2 is 20kb lighter than the previous one. Is that intended? Looks like the name generator is not in it.

People call this magic refactoring :) -- I have removed two icons which light up the size. Name generator can be accessed via GM tools while Make NPC button has been moved into Personalities list.

AstaSyneri
January 30th, 2015, 08:31
Didn't have that much time after all last night, due to rolling badly on the random encounter roll (maxed out on the number of marauding kids).

I'll have ample time to test it this weekend.

The export worked nicely, but i haven't figured out how to import stat blocks into sections (for example npcs or critters).

To reiterate:

In order to make publication-worthy stat blocks,

I copy the textblock into my Notepad++, remove extraneous ':', then CTRL-C.
In FG I use /makenpc
I clean up the NPC (draw in edges and hindrances from the SWEX player guide, make sure weapons and damage work right and all special abilities show up on the first age).
I use /makenpc-clean
I use /makenpc-module

Did I forget anything?

Just a little Monday morning update: I used this all-weekend (sounds like much, but I was busy with other things, too, like trying to keep my empire in Endless Space to cave in against those evil Cravers - every 5 turns I would do another entry for AFO ;-)). Copy the NPC into Notepad, look for "evil" colons, copying into FG, /makenpc, draw the Edges and Hindrances into the Special section, done.

Ikael - I can't tell you how much of a time saver this extension is. It's HUGE! Thank you!

Ikael
February 4th, 2015, 19:15
Minor update to NPC Maker (v0.9 build 4). This update enhanced attack info parsing, granting better support for different formating. In addition Special Abilities are converted into local links, where their full description can be opened from the link in the list. Full attack's description is written into weapon's details as well.

AstaSyneri
February 5th, 2015, 09:33
Oooh. Those links sound sexy (weird what one does consider sexy given a certain age...). Does that mean Edges and Hindrances now automagically appear in the Special section, linked to the SWEX PG entry?

Ikael
February 5th, 2015, 14:37
Oooh. Those links sound sexy (weird what one does consider sexy given a certain age...). Does that mean Edges and Hindrances now automagically appear in the Special section, linked to the SWEX PG entry?
Nope, only local ref links are created containing text from the source. Still it is impossible to link free text into modules.

AstaSyneri
February 5th, 2015, 15:50
Nope, only local ref links are created containing text from the source. Still it is impossible to link free text into modules.

Ah, I may have misunderstood. Will have to try the new version (tonight?) and see what this new feature does. The current version is already such a time saver, though, that I had myself for ever having entered NPCs before without it.

Ikael
February 5th, 2015, 17:22
In order to make publication-worthy stat blocks,

I copy the textblock into my Notepad++, remove extraneous ':', then CTRL-C.
In FG I use /makenpc
I clean up the NPC (draw in edges and hindrances from the SWEX player guide, make sure weapons and damage work right and all special abilities show up on the first age).
I use /makenpc-clean
I use /makenpc-module

Did I forget anything?

Few further hints:
1. The new improved parser understands :'s much better now so you don't have to remove them anymore
4. Don't do this part if you really don't have to. When you export creates with /makenpc-module command it will automatically clean up temporary stuff from your NPC inside your exported module. When you have _not_ cleaned up your NPCs that means they can be auto-updated when new parser version is published. For instance, you have created 100 NPCs with this tool, but the parsing was not perfect since your NPC lack few things or something was not parsed correctly, say your weapons lacked damage because of bad parser. After a while new version of NPC Maker tool is published with better parsing features. You can update all of your NPC with simple command: /makenpc-update. This will recreate all of your NPCs based on the original source but it uses the new parsing logic. ~ Like I have mentioned, I want to make this parser as fine as possible, so keep posting possible issues with it and I will do my best to make the parser understand those issues and do better job.

Glad you have found the tool useful :) It's my favorite project atm, since I am able to get fully usable NPCs in FG within simple copy-pasting

AstaSyneri
February 11th, 2015, 11:13
I am absolutely in love with this extension. Just imported some Hellfrost characters with it in seconds instead of quarter hours as usual. One thing I noticed: If the name of the NPC/monster is more than one word, the import sets the follow words to lower case. IMHO they should remain as they are or Uppercase (first letter only, of course).

It's just a very minor inconvenience, of course.

Ikael
February 11th, 2015, 11:55
I am absolutely in love with this extension. Just imported some Hellfrost characters with it in seconds instead of quarter hours as usual. One thing I noticed: If the name of the NPC/monster is more than one word, the import sets the follow words to lower case. IMHO they should remain as they are or Uppercase (first letter only, of course).

It's just a very minor inconvenience, of course.

Ah, good point! This "feature" was added in last patch and is purpose was to convert all-uppercase letters to more readable. But your point is good one, gonna fix this that such feature is only applied in all-uppercase situation. Thanks!

ColinBuckler
September 4th, 2015, 21:28
Does this extension support the population of the Powers tab?

I noticed it populated the list of powers in the Description, but the Powers tab was blank.

I used:

❄Lich
No description for this creature yet.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d12+1, Notice d12+3, Knowledge (Planes) d12+1, Repair d12+1, Stealth d12+3, Spellcasting d12
Charisma: +1; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (2)
Edges: Arcane Background (Magic), Quick, Strong Willed
Powers: Armor, Bolt (magic missile), Bolt (ray of frost), Deflection (forcefield), Detect Arcana (sense magic), Detect Arcana (see invisibility), Dispel, Lower Trait (Strength), Invisibility, Obscure (darkness), Puppet, Teleport, Zombie
Special Abilities
• Armour +2: Permanent armour spell.
• Touch: Str+d4; Paralyzing Touch.
• Darkvision: No vision penalties for darkness (range 12").
• Fear -2: Anyone who sees this creature must make a Fear check at -2.
• Undead: +2 Toughness, +2 to recover from Shaken, ignore wound modifiers, disease, poison, and extra damage from called shots.
• Immunities: Electricity, cold, sleep, paralysis, mind-affecting effects, aging, bleeding and death magic.
• Very Tough: +1 Toughness.

zarlor
September 6th, 2015, 22:47
*RESOLVED*

I've recently decided to dump M$ Windoze for Linux and FG runs great under Wine with PlayOnLinux... except for this oh-so-useful extension. When I copy a statblock then open Personalities and click on the "Make NPC" button I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "npcs/parser_statblock.lua"]:313: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Cut-and-paste otherwise works fine everywhere but I was wondering if maybe it's something odd in the way NPC maker works with text in a clipboard that might not be exactly like the standard Windows clipboard? I'm sure this is probably a fairly oddball/small use-case request, but if there might be some clues anyone can provide on how I might be able to work around that error I'd sure appreciate the help.

EDIT: If it helps any I do notice that the chat window is outputting the "Converting following stat blocks into NPC:" followed by the text of the stat block, just no NPC entry gets created like it normally would. I would also add that I've tested this not just with a statblock that I was trying to work with from the Necessary Evil: Breakout book, but also with just the first stablock off of Zadmar's site so I could ensure there was nothing odd about the statblock itself that might be causing the issue, so I'm guessing it's just something odd with running this under Wine.

EDIT2: Further testing I find that just loading NPC Maker works fine. I'll do some more testing as apparently it seems to be conflicting with one of the other extensions I'm loading. I'll report back with my findings should anyone else run into the issue.

EDIT3: Ok, it looks like the offending extension is actually FGRandom (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17072-Random-Extension). A potentially useful little module, but not nearly as useful as NPC Maker is! ;) I guess there is something in that extension that messes with the "pairs" function used by Savage Worlds in checking things like Attributes.

Ikael
October 10th, 2015, 14:07
NPC Maker v0.9 build 6 is now available. Changelog:

[BUG] NameMaker was broken. Only male fantasy names could be generated. Now this is fixed and other types of names can be generated

Ikael
October 29th, 2015, 22:43
NPC Maker v0.9 build 7 uploaded. This version is for Savage Worlds v4.2+

heyhogan
November 8th, 2015, 00:14
Just ran an update to FG2, and then got this error when I loaded a campaign with the NPC Maker loaded: Script Error: [string "names/maker_name.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)

Help!

heyhogan
November 8th, 2015, 00:42
Just ran an update to FG2, and then got this error when I loaded a campaign with the NPC Maker loaded: Script Error: [string "names/maker_name.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)

Help!

I noticed that my version of the Savage Worlds Ruleset was older. I just rebuilt my PC and the update must not have ran correctly. Did the update again and made sure I was on 4.2.2 and it worked fine.

DMReckless
March 11th, 2016, 04:09
I have begun using this to make use of Zadmar's Monster Conversions (From Pathfinder) (https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/monster.html)... due to the need for the separators, I've just been highlighting the individual monsters and clicking create. Seems to be working great, I've gotten through "A" and "B" monsters.... (A bit over 100 creatures for each letter, my search pulled up 3,152 and I hope to get through them all.)

EDIT: and now C

Skellan
March 11th, 2016, 09:29
Nice work. You can never have too many beasties, and pathfinder has really good beasties. They are good conversions too from what I have seen

ColinBuckler
March 11th, 2016, 13:05
I have begun using this to make use of Zadmar's Monster Conversions (From Pathfinder) (https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/monster.html)... due to the need for the separators, I've just been highlighting the individual monsters and clicking create. Seems to be working great, I've gotten through "A" and "B" monsters.... (A bit over 100 creatures for each letter, my search pulled up 3,152 and I hope to get through them all.)

EDIT: and now C

Have a look at my mod - already done all of the monsters from Zadmar's site - almost 2,700 of them.

The link can be found at: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27281-Savage-World-Monsters-Mod

Skellan
March 11th, 2016, 15:12
Colin's mod is very good.

Meliath1742
May 2nd, 2016, 11:28
I recently picked up Deadlands Reloaded and noticed the Make NPC tab was not there...then I found this post. I haven't tried the /makenpc command yet but I was curious why you don't intend on adding the tabs? Is it technically too dificult to be worthwhile? Again, just curious...its still a great extension!

Ikael
May 2nd, 2016, 11:55
I recently picked up Deadlands Reloaded and noticed the Make NPC tab was not there...then I found this post. I haven't tried the /makenpc command yet but I was curious why you don't intend on adding the tabs? Is it technically too dificult to be worthwhile? Again, just curious...its still a great extension!

Deadlands: Reloaded uses different database node roots and windowclasses for NPCs. I could add support for it, but haven't done it because I should include lots of Deadlands extension codebase within the extension which is generally bad practise. You could use the /makenpc but again the issue is that it will create NPC with default SavageWorlds windowclass and basically you don't have access to those windowclasses in Deadlands reloaded extension. Basically if you use /makenpc command, it will open you NPC window, but when you close it you have no UI button to access is anymore. What you should try to do is use the slashcommand and drag-and-drop created NPC into humans or critters list.

The best solution would be to include the original Personalities list back to right sidebar when the NPC maker extension is enabled with Deadlands extension. However that means that you would have three lists of NPCs: Personalities, Humans and Critters and users should know what to use.

Because there is this kinda issues, I haven't done fix for it yet.

Meliath1742
May 2nd, 2016, 12:00
Yikes! I figured it must have been something ridiculously tough. Thanks for answering my curiosity!

Talyn
August 8th, 2016, 04:49
@Ikael: just started using your extension and it's quite lovely! Teeny gripe: any idea why it changes an NPC's last name to lowercase?

re: Deadlands... this is going to be an unpopular opinion... I know some guys like to code extra stuff into the extensions like this and add extra buttons to the sidebar but honestly, couldn't everything just go into the Personalities box for compatibility and just put a "Humans" and "Critters" tabs instead? Sometimes stuff like this is being clever for the sake of being clever rather than being useful or necessary. Just my two cents.

Mask_of_winter
August 8th, 2016, 05:03
@Ikael: just started using your extension and it's quite lovely! Teeny gripe: any idea why it changes an NPC's last name to lowercase?
Yeah, converting stuff right now and it's annoying hehe

re: Deadlands... this is going to be an unpopular opinion... I know some guys like to code extra stuff into the extensions like this and add extra buttons to the sidebar but honestly, couldn't everything just go into the Personalities box for compatibility and just put a "Humans" and "Critters" tabs instead? Sometimes stuff like this is being clever for the sake of being clever rather than being useful or necessary. Just my two cents.
Not unpopular. It has been discussed before. This has nothing to do with Ikael though. Humans have the Charisma derived stats, Critters don't. I believe Phantomwhale said he'll get rid of the separation between the two at some point. I agree it would be much easier for everybody, including himself.

Talyn
August 8th, 2016, 05:40
This has nothing to do with Ikael though. ... I agree it would be much easier for everybody, including himself.

Oh, I know Ikael didn't do the Deadlands extension I was just adding my two cents to the above (off topic-ish) discussion. Deadlands in general seems very singular in doing its own thing within yet separate from the normal Savage Worlds thing though. At least until Rifts shows up publicly, then there will be two weirdos. Not that we'll be seeing Rifts here on FG though. ::sadpanda::

ddavison
August 8th, 2016, 13:48
With the move towards the master lists, we want to start going back through and making the data paths and types more consistent. They've gone a little wide in the past. Deadlands is definitely one where the NPCs need to be consolidated so they fit in with other settings. Similarly, Sundered Skies has Skyships that will need to be moved back into the Vehicles section. On the plus side, you will be able to have lots of different settings open at once and have easy access to all the Edges, Hindrances, Vehicles, Personalities and more without having to open each one individually and navigate through library nodes to find them. To get there, we need our path structures to be more predictable and standard.

Ikael
August 14th, 2016, 11:51

I have made changes to name lowercasing logic. Now it will not affect letter cases unless name is written in all upper or lower cases, in those cases in will capitalize the first letter and lower case all others.

Ikael
August 15th, 2016, 19:39
Version 0.9 (build 9) is now available. This version is dependent on Fantasy Grounds v3.2 version and won't work otherwise. This update also contains following features:

NPC name lettercase logic was improved

Topdecker
September 17th, 2016, 23:33
It would be wrong of me not to take the time to thank you for this excellent extension. Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Jaxer67
September 30th, 2016, 04:50
Hi,
I am totally new to both FG and Savage Worlds, but a fast learner.
Could someone please tell me where or how I install the extensions?
Tried scouring the forums, but got overwhelmed with it all.
I really am enjoying learning the system, seems like a lot of fun for someone who has not RPed regularly for 20+ years and is now discovering the beauty of FG!

Thanks in advance,

Jaxer

damned
September 30th, 2016, 10:02
Welcome Jaxer.

On the FG Splash Screen click on the Explorer Icon top right. Copy the extensions (.ext files) to the /extensions folder and close and restart FG. You will then be able to activate extensions on the Create New Campaign or Load Campaign screens.

Check out the FG manual here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

and there are soooo many good Savage Worlds games running at FG Con. Come and play a couple of games and meet some other players and GMs.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fgcon9-sig8.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Jaxer67
September 30th, 2016, 13:03
Hi and thank you! I'm having all kinds of shenanigans with this software, steep learning curve, but you've helped me iron out that query.

I'll try and get along to the convention, work permitting.

Cheers!

Trenloe
September 30th, 2016, 14:20
Hi and thank you! I'm having all kinds of shenanigans with this software, steep learning curve, but you've helped me iron out that query.
Welcome to the FG forums!

The User Guide in the Wiki is a good place to go: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides
As are the video tutorials: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

For Savage Worlds there are two user guides installed with the ruleset. Click the icon damned mentions above to open a file explorer window at the FG app data root, and then look in the "docs" directory for "Savage Worlds Deluxe Documentation.pdf" and "Savage Worlds 4 Supplement-1.2.pdf".

damned
October 1st, 2016, 01:22
Hey Jaxer67 there are games on at all hours of the day and night - not so many evening games for our TimeZone... Im still planning on posting one or two...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fgcon9-sig9.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2016, 01:39
Im still planning on posting one or two...
Yeah, whatever...

;)

Jaxer67
October 1st, 2016, 04:17
I'll keep my eyes open!

grimm182
October 24th, 2016, 01:19
My friend and I are both getting this error when using this extension (latest updates/steam):
Script Error: [string "launcher.lua"]:18: attempt to index global 'LibraryData' (a nil value)
Anyone else seeing this?

Mask_of_winter
October 24th, 2016, 01:21
The latest NPC extension is for the upcoming FG 3.2

grimm182
October 24th, 2016, 03:42
Durp, i should have tried using the older one...thank you Sir!

rodney418
November 4th, 2016, 09:27
Just updated to FG 3.2, and this doesn't seem to work any more :-(

Is there a workaround or do we need a new version of the extension?

*Edit* Never mind, just found it! Thank you!

dstuffle
November 5th, 2016, 17:10
Now that you found it. Care to share where you found it?

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 17:33
Now that you found it. Care to share where you found it?
Previous page of this very thread. Post #75.

Ikael
December 4th, 2016, 20:48
New version is available
Changelog:

Compatibility with Deadlands Reloaded extension: "Make NPC" button is displayed in Human and Critters lists when Deadlands Reloaded extension is enabled

WansumBeats
January 7th, 2017, 06:38
Is there a good work around to get this to work on Apple computers? there is issues with the copying and html when using npc maker on apple pcs?

damned
January 7th, 2017, 06:47
Try using paperclip

Ikael
January 7th, 2017, 09:02
Is there a good work around to get this to work on Apple computers? there is issues with the copying and html when using npc maker on apple pcs?

If you mean you want to copy paste without formatting https://superuser.com/questions/512491/copy-and-paste-plain-text-only-in-osx

Amaril
January 7th, 2017, 15:19
WansumeBeats was asking on my behalf as I was struggling with this tool. (Thanks, WansumBeats!)

I'm running on a Mac, downloaded and installed via Steam. The message I get is that the clipboard is empty, which is obviously untrue. (I think there might need to be some improvements on the error messages in this case.)

I've even pasted into a plain text editor (SublimeText, which I use as my code editor for work), and then copied again from there. Still no luck.

If I copy "plain text" (in quotes because technically all text on a web page is styled to some extent) from a web page, including these forums, it pastes just fine.

Ikael
January 7th, 2017, 15:30
WansumeBeats was asking on my behalf as I was struggling with this tool. (Thanks, WansumBeats!)

I'm running on a Mac, downloaded and installed via Steam. The message I get is that the clipboard is empty, which is obviously untrue. (I think there might need to be some improvements on the error messages in this case.)

I've even pasted into a plain text editor (SublimeText, which I use as my code editor for work), and then copied again from there. Still no luck.

If I copy "plain text" (in quotes because technically all text on a web page is styled to some extent) from a web page, including these forums, it pastes just fine.

This goes beyond extension developers; You should report this issue to SmiteWorks because it seems there is application level issue

ddavison
January 7th, 2017, 15:51
We recommend using a free tool called Plainclip to allow copying and pasting without formatting on Mac. It's a difference between how Windows PCs and Macs handle copy and paste by default.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21855-Cannot-Paste-within-Fantasy-Grounds-(Mac-osx)/page7

damned
January 7th, 2017, 16:39
Doh! I called it paperclip instead of plainclip! sorry...

ddavison
January 7th, 2017, 17:15
Doh! I called it paperclip instead of plainclip! sorry...

I will record the date and time. On this date and time, let it be known that Damned made his first and only mistake. :)

Trenloe
January 7th, 2017, 17:44
I will record the date and time. On this date and time, let it be known that Damned made his first and only mistake. :)
He's doing it a bit recently: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35958-5e-reference-manual&p=312255&viewfull=1#post312255 I think he's losing it, even more than he was before. ;)

ddavison
January 7th, 2017, 17:48
He's doing it a bit recently: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35958-5e-reference-manual&p=312255&viewfull=1#post312255 I think he's losing it, even more than he was before. ;)

I'll have to check his recent videos to look for the gray hairs sprouting as a possible warning sign of aging and the onset of old-man-ness. Alas, I'm getting more and more of those too so I will probably forget to do that.

damned
January 8th, 2017, 01:39
Its ok - whenever I make a mistake Trenloe is there :) Its probably my fault he is here a lot...
Its not just the number of grey hairs... its where Ive been finding them...

In regards to the Savage Warriors - someone previously used that name and I (didnt check) thought it had been given that name...
For Plainclip... its for Mac... so... yeah...

I think I might need some more sleep...

Topdecker
March 13th, 2017, 01:13
NPC Maker is fantastic! Thanks for making it!

Talyn
April 8th, 2017, 08:00
I can't find it, is there a specific spot the script wants the Power Point value? Like PP 15 or whatever, or is that not something it looks for yet?

Fionan
May 7th, 2017, 04:51
Good evening,

I'm new to the FG scene and I'm trying to use the NPC Maker.

I'm getting...

Script Error: [string "npcs/parser_statblock.lua"]:370: attempt to index global 'Global' (a nil value)

I'm guessing it's having trouble parsing the the statblock, but I don't know what to do about it.
It happens if NPC maker is the only extension. It happens if all the extensions are on.
It happens with build 9 and build 10.
I tried multiple sources including a one sheet and some in this thread..

Savage Worlds Deluxe v4.4 for Fantasy Grounds.
Copyright 2011 Pinnacle Entertainment Group
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.0 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Suggestions?

Fionan

damned
May 7th, 2017, 06:08
Welcome Fionan

I think SW 4.4 is still in test channel?
Have you tried it with the live build?

Also does it do this with all stat blocks you try?

Ikael
May 7th, 2017, 10:22
If you use v4.4 ruleset you MUST use the beta version of the extension as well. You can find it from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37260-SavageWorlds-v4-4-for-public-testing-available&p=326976&viewfull=1#post326976

The issue is with that extension, as its expecting code from ruleset that have changed in v4.4

Fionan
May 10th, 2017, 04:04
Yes.

Fionan
May 10th, 2017, 04:19
Using the new extension helped. Thank you.

Still not sure I'm getting the output I should.

It seems I need to clean out the Flavor Text between the Title and the Attributes.
The Edges and Hindrances don't populate.
It seems to work better if I put a <CR> between each sub-heading.
I thought I saw somewhere a comment about doing multiple NPCs simultaneously. Does that work?

Ikael
May 31st, 2017, 21:39
New version of the extension available. This updated version is v4.4 ruleset compatible

Ikael
September 19th, 2017, 20:34
Version 0.14 available! Required for SavageWorlds v4.5

Ikael
September 20th, 2017, 21:34
Version 0.15 available!

Changelog:

Improved Edge/Hindrance/Special Ability and Power linking to existing module records
Support to define custom synonyms for Edge/Hindrance/Special Ability and Power link matching
Special Abilities section is no longer written to main tab-page. Special Ability descriptions are written into combat tab-page section
makenpc-update slashcommand bug fixed

Hint

If no module record is found for Edge/Hindrance/Special Ability or Power, it will be reported into FG console (open console before parsing with /console slashcommand)

Ikael
September 24th, 2017, 11:31
Minor update available (v0.16)

This update changes the way how "Make NPC" button is registered in NPCs view, to be more friendly with other extensions registering similar buttons.

Talyn
October 8th, 2017, 20:08
I have made changes to name lowercasing logic. Now it will not affect letter cases unless name is written in all upper or lower cases, in those cases in will capitalize the first letter and lower case all others.

Necro-ing this reply for a request: could NPCs with ALL CAPS names in the PDFs use Proper Case (Each word is capitalized) rather than Sentence case, which is what it's doing now?

Ikael
October 11th, 2017, 06:22
Necro-ing this reply for a request: could NPCs with ALL CAPS names in the PDFs use Proper Case (Each word is capitalized) rather than Sentence case, which is what it's doing now?

It could, but I will have to question why is the name fully capitalized in pdf/paper version if not because of style. I bet all edges, gear and such are also fully capitalized but would you capitalize those as well especially when we are not using overall the same font and style as in paper version.

I might be wrong about this and if you can give example why such feature is really needed it's doable.

Talyn
October 13th, 2017, 01:22
Since I'm working with IZ2.0 right now, all I can say is every single IZ2.0 adventure has the NPC names in all caps, but not the edges, hindrances or anything else, so I have to go back in and fix the names. I can post examples if you need, but I have 4 (?) adventures and they're all the same.

Muagen
November 5th, 2017, 11:09
Since I'm working with IZ2.0 right now, all I can say is every single IZ2.0 adventure has the NPC names in all caps, but not the edges, hindrances or anything else, so I have to go back in and fix the names. I can post examples if you need, but I have 4 (?) adventures and they're all the same.

Yes. Formatting. Super-important.
So... Uh... Any idea when those adventures might be ready? Just asking for a friend, ya know?
:P

Talyn
November 5th, 2017, 19:26
I got pulled away to finish up the C&C Player's Handbook so tell your "friend' I said Soon™ LOL. I had to rearrange my queue somewhat so I won't promise a pre-Xmas release, but I'll see what I can do for the first one by then?

Muagen
November 5th, 2017, 23:23
Will let him know that I should leave some room in the Xmas budget.

Him.

He should leave room in the budget.

Ikael
November 15th, 2017, 22:49
New version available. This update fixes Reach parsing bug and provide improved description parsing and slightly improves IZ 2.0 and RoC NPC stat block parsing

Doswelk
November 16th, 2017, 08:01
:cool:
Now you are fixing bugs before I can moan to you about them!

Outstanding work as always!

Ikael
November 30th, 2017, 19:12
Changelog:

Reach parsing fixed
Slightly improved Hellfrost parsing

ProfDogg
December 1st, 2017, 02:10
Changelog:

Reach parsing fixed
Slightly improved Hellfrost parsing

Would an update all work for extensions like these? Or is that exclusively for purchased mods and such?

-- Prof.Dogg

ProfDogg
December 1st, 2017, 02:11
Btw thank you for this. It's made my life MUCH easier.

Talyn
December 1st, 2017, 02:11
He means there's a new version of the extension on the first page of the thread, which has those two new changes.

ProfDogg
December 1st, 2017, 02:16
I knew that was one source but I didn't know if somehow the extensions were updated through the GUI as well.

Talyn
December 1st, 2017, 02:22
No, the only extensions that the launcher updates are official extensions that are included in DLC from the store.

ProfDogg
December 1st, 2017, 02:30
I figured... would be nice if the updater could include a pool of the community extensions too. Some of these are practically essential. I dont always check for updates manualy on those though.

Ikael
December 17th, 2017, 19:23
Changelog:

Powers will have more information
Improved power linking to existing products such as Deluxe Player's Guide
Space (size) is set according to NPC's Size ability
Few parsing bugs fixed

hawkwind
January 13th, 2018, 13:16
I'm getting the following message when i open FG with the latest version of the NPC maker
Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (npclist) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (campaign/updated_campaign_npcs.xml)
Script Notice: [WARN] ChatManager.registerVersionMessage is deprecated function. No need to manually register extension versions anymore

FG opens

and no button to use the mod

hawkwind
January 13th, 2018, 17:40
ignore my last post i have realised what i did wrong

grimm182
January 16th, 2018, 16:04
This is probably my favorite extension of all time!!! Stat blocks are soooo time consuming, this shaves off HOURS of my time and sanity...so much thanks for this!!!

Could the base code be altered to do Spell stat blocks?
I need to add about 100 spells to my mod...not looking forward to it the old fashion way, now that i have been spoiled! :)

GunbunnyFuFu
February 3rd, 2018, 22:04
I'm getting a reach error once more..NPC Maker is the only extension I've got active:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (reach) in windowclass (npc_weapon)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:28: attempt to index global 'reach' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:28: attempt to index global 'reach' (a nil value)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm running version 1.0 of NPC Maker

GB

Talyn
February 4th, 2018, 00:16
Is this with an existing npc or one you just made? Reach is now a numeric field, if memory serves, so check the markup on that npc.

Ikael
February 4th, 2018, 01:07
I'm getting a reach error once more..NPC Maker is the only extension I've got active:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (reach) in windowclass (npc_weapon)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm running version 1.0 of NPC Maker

GB

Are you using the latest version?

GunbunnyFuFu
February 4th, 2018, 01:50
This is a NPC I just created...I'm using version 1.0 of the NPC Maker, which I *think* is the latest version.

GB

GunbunnyFuFu
February 14th, 2018, 10:33
Just confirmed that I am using version 1.0, and it's still giving the reach error.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 14th, 2018, 10:49
It was a problem with the statblock itself...error resolved.

Ikael
May 1st, 2018, 21:02
New version available! This update is to make the extension SavageWorlds v4.6 compatible

Ikael
July 31st, 2018, 19:17
Version 1.2 available. This update grants v4.7 ruleset compatibility

dittotb
September 14th, 2018, 03:33
Thank you so much. You are amazing. This extension has made my prep time so much easier. Keep up the great work.

Optimus21
February 12th, 2019, 03:58
First off, awesome extension!

Second, I was wondering if you could possibly support the output of the new Savaged.us website? It is a fantastic site to create PCs/NPCs on, but it looks like there are some hiccups when it comes to the stat block it spits out when importing to your extension. I know it is a big ask, but I figured why not at least try. :)

Ikael
February 12th, 2019, 06:44
First off, awesome extension!

Second, I was wondering if you could possibly support the output of the new Savaged.us website? It is a fantastic site to create PCs/NPCs on, but it looks like there are some hiccups when it comes to the stat block it spits out when importing to your extension. I know it is a big ask, but I figured why not at least try. :)

This is my plan after reading about the website from last week's newsletter. It is very cool site and I would like to add support to other kind of stats the website produces.

Optimus21
February 12th, 2019, 13:54
This is my plan after reading about the website from last week's newsletter. It is very cool site and I would like to add support to other kind of stats the website produces.

Sounds amazing! Thank you so much for your work!

Gauthic
February 12th, 2019, 20:00

Jeff @ Savaged.us here
PM me or email me at the email on this account and I'll get a JSON or XML exporter written up for you when we agree on some specs :)

Addendum: @Optimus21 thanks for pointing me in this direction :)

Ikael
February 13th, 2019, 18:51
Jeff @ Savaged.us here
PM me or email me at the email on this account and I'll get a JSON or XML exporter written up for you when we agree on some specs :)

Addendum: @Optimus21 thanks for pointing me in this direction :)

I have sent you PM and can give you more details if needed. Not much is needed to add make savaged.us stat blocks compatible.

YamaShintaku
February 21st, 2019, 15:31
Fantastic extension! As someone who is both new to Fantasy Grounds and Savage Worlds, this has made my life so much easier. Thank you!

Quick question: Will this extension work with the new SWADE ruleset module you're working on? I cannot wait for that as our RPG group is utilizing the SWADE ruleset.

Ikael
February 25th, 2019, 22:54
NPC Maker v1.5 is available! This version requires SavageWorlds v5.0 ruleset.

Ikael
February 25th, 2019, 22:56
Fantastic extension! As someone who is both new to Fantasy Grounds and Savage Worlds, this has made my life so much easier. Thank you!

Quick question: Will this extension work with the new SWADE ruleset module you're working on? I cannot wait for that as our RPG group is utilizing the SWADE ruleset.

Yes NPC Maker v1.5 is compatible with SWADE and SWD rulesets!

twistedtechmike
May 2nd, 2019, 20:50
Found a small issue, but first, the extension is awesome and has simplified my life immensely.

Edges on NPCs created with the extension do not link to the SWADE equivalent.

Ikael
May 2nd, 2019, 21:08
Found a small issue, but first, the extension is awesome and has simplified my life immensely.

Edges on NPCs created with the extension do not link to the SWADE equivalent.

Do you have SWADE modules open when using the tool? It will try to find most suited record link from active modules. If you have setting module open it will prioritize it and try matching core rulebook as last attempts.

twistedtechmike
May 2nd, 2019, 21:38
You're right, the text does align itself. Let me be more specific, sorry for that.

Level Headed in NPC Maker becomes SWADE Improved Level Headed text.
Sweep in NPC Maker becomes SWADE Improved Sweep.
Edges like Alertness will not have the automated effect attached to the edge.

This is a more honest representation of the types of things I'm seeing. I apologize for my earlier vagueness. The only thing I have open is the SWADE Player and GM modules, along with NPC Maker extension.

Ikael
May 4th, 2019, 15:33
Version 1.6 is available!

Changelog:

Bugfix: Frenzy, Sweep and Level Headed Edges did not link correctly

Ikael
May 4th, 2019, 15:34
edges like alertness will not have the automated effect attached to the edge.

This is by design because some Edges alter your Derived Stats and they are usually already counted in stat blocks. It is user's task to add these effects in as desired

Talyn
May 4th, 2019, 16:28
Couple things I've noticed the past few days:

Commas within an edge/hindrance description throw off the parser; ie. Habit (Minor, alcohol) will be parsed as 'Habit (Minor' then on a new line 'alcohol)'
NPC Maker doesn't have the special character handling that SWEL does, so I have to go back in and re-input the emdashes and other characters.

twistedtechmike
May 7th, 2019, 22:43
One more question, and I'll leave you be Ikael: Is there a way to insert line breaks into the description text? Ive tried a few various methods, but the parser screams at me.

Talyn
May 8th, 2019, 00:39
One more question, and I'll leave you be Ikael: Is there a way to insert line breaks into the description text? Ive tried a few various methods, but the parser screams at me.

Make sure there's a blank line everywhere you want a paragraph break, otherwise the parser combines everything onto one line.

twistedtechmike
May 8th, 2019, 00:40
Ill give it a go!

Talyn
June 4th, 2019, 22:50
In addition to the special character handling (that makes life so much easier in SWEL btw) mentioned above, another request: NPC Maker handles '/' fine for core stuff such as boost/lower Trait if an NPC only has one of them listed, NPC Maker still knows what to do with it. But for custom ones (specific example: Lankhmar has the Priest/Priestess Edge but the NPCs only list one, obviously, depending on their gender) it has no clue what to do with that.

Also, NPC Maker currently does not appear to support the Racial Abilities so for now I've duplicated all the Lankhmar ones into the Monstrous Abilities.

StoryWeaver
June 8th, 2019, 02:58
Love this extension and I've used it in a number of SW games I've run! :)

GeorgeOrr
August 5th, 2019, 18:27
Just found this tool, such a help. THANKS!

Slagmoth
January 12th, 2020, 16:23
So I really like this and am fairly new to Savage Worlds but I am planning to move our table from 5E D&D to SW and have been playing with this a bit.

I may be doing something wrong but I am trying to have an NPC Wild Card have a magic sword. I put the text into NP++ as I see it done in the SWADE but don't see an example of an NPC anywhere with a magic weapon. The damage parses out correctly with the +1 damage but the fighting die for that weapon doesn't have a modifier.

How do I add the +1 to the fighting die only for that weapon?

I guess to more accurately ask the question what is the syntax to add a modifier with a name to the gear in a stat block?

amerigoV
January 12th, 2020, 18:23
I am not sure if the converter will pick that up. I am newer to FG myself, but I am pretty sure for NPCs you just directly edit the attack. So add a sword to combat, then edit the attack to put in the +1 (attack, damage, or both).

For an adventure, you can make a loot parcel and put the magic sword in there it is something that might be recovered by the PCs.

Slagmoth
January 13th, 2020, 21:24
Actually, it does not appear that FG allows for the creation of what those of us from D&D would classify as a magic item, there is nothing on the item sheet that allows for a bonus to hit/fighting/shooting from the item itself. I understand that Fantasy games are few and far between and the SW rules don't lend themselves well to them but this seems like it should be built into the system. Along with the ability to add damage types.

One thing I insist on when I develop at work is that if there are options to add additional content that there be a UI to allow for such things. That would be a heaven sent in FG to avoid having to do LUA for every thing.

zarlor
January 13th, 2020, 22:33
I'm a bit confused. We use SW for Fantasy games all the time, and there's a Fantasy Companion book for it, too. Works awesome, i think! But for magic items, you can totally do those both in SWADE and in FG. Just use an effects keyword. A kind of example of that is in post 4 on https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50877-SavageWorlds-v5-1-Public-Beta-Testing, but more details about effects can be found at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Savage_Worlds_Effects. There are also some awesome videos by Doswelk on his YouTube channel that may be helpful as well at https://www.youtube.com/user/doswelk/videos. Would any of that cover what you are trying to do?

mac40k
January 14th, 2020, 18:25
The problem I had when trying to automate a modifier from a magical weapon was that application of the effect seemed to hinge on whether or not the weapon was equipped rather than whether or not the weapon in question was used. IOW, if included a [Fighting+1] on a long sword and the player had that sword equipped, it applied the modifier even if they made the attack with a dagger or some other melee weapon. Having to toggle the equipped status back and forth (and just expecting players to remember to do so) was more trouble than it was worth. You can modify the Fighting roll itself for that particular weapon (right click on the attack die, select modifiers, add the modifier) on the Combat tab and that worked for me.

Ikael
January 14th, 2020, 18:28
The problem I had when trying to automate a modifier from a magical weapon was that application of the effect seemed to hinge on whether or not the weapon was equipped rather than whether or not the weapon in question was used. IOW, if included a [Fighting+1] on a long sword and the player had that sword equipped, it applied the modifier even if they made the attack with a dagger or some other melee weapon. Having to toggle the equipped status back and forth (and just expecting players to remember to do so) was more trouble than it was worth. You can modify the Fighting roll itself for that particular weapon (right click on the attack die, select modifiers, add the modifier) on the Combat tab and that worked for me.

With the latest ruleset update you can write [> Fighting +1] effect to a weapon. This effect is only applied IF you use the weapon to attack and will not alter other attacks.

mac40k
January 15th, 2020, 19:43
Good to know. I wish the wiki could be updated to account for these types of changes. I'm not sure how one is supposed to learn about them if they are buried in a thread here on the forum.

Slagmoth
January 15th, 2020, 22:25
With the latest ruleset update you can write [> Fighting +1] effect to a weapon. This effect is only applied IF you use the weapon to attack and will not alter other attacks.

That is really good to know, thank you... how do you get the same type of effect on NPCs though? As an example I am transporting a Cultist from what appears to be Deluxe and they can create the Fervor effect where they get -2 to Smarts and Notice in favor of +2 to Fighting. I have tried that on the effects line and it doesn't seem to work. I know the ruleset is still a WIP but is there a close to up to date wiki for this? It is somewhat difficult to stumble around in there sometimes.

Actually I figured all that out...

Fervor[Notice -2,Smarts -2, >Fighting +2,Spirit +2]

I see you can also just add the weapon from the Items menu to the NPC now... seemed counter-intuitive when I tried to do that the first time.

Now I just need damage types and adjustments based on those :)

Whaley
March 8th, 2020, 01:02
I really enjoy using this and have imported hundreds of NPCs so far, my question is however, is there something like this but for equipment?

Doswelk
March 16th, 2020, 12:13
I really enjoy using this and have imported hundreds of NPCs so far, my question is however, is there something like this but for equipment?
I use Excel it not pretty but I fill out the sheet and then it creates the xml code which I copy/paste into db.xml.

Ikael
March 21st, 2020, 21:38

I have plans to make it possible and even more, I would like to provide full support for content created with https://savaged.us/ website. The only issue is that I need to find the time to start doing this.

Dandersonjr32
March 22nd, 2020, 00:18
Wow this is fantastic! You are what we call, da [exploitative] MAN!

Ikael
April 21st, 2020, 19:55
New version available!

This update makes the extension compatible with newest SavageWorlds v5.2

YamaShintaku
April 21st, 2020, 21:03
Hey Ikael,

Awesome job! Does this extension work in Unity?

Thanks,
Vaughn

Ikael
April 21st, 2020, 21:07
Hey Ikael,

Awesome job! Does this extension work in Unity?

Thanks,
Vaughn

I haven't tested it myself but due to its nature it should work just fine

YamaShintaku
April 21st, 2020, 21:23
It worked perfectly in Fantasy Grounds Unity! Thank you!!!

lozanoje
April 22nd, 2020, 00:13
Updated, Thank you!

Lassekongo
April 29th, 2020, 12:19
hello, am i the only one have issue using it in FGU. Stats and skills works as intended but all the special abilities of a monster merges into 1 bullet-point (see attachment) 34566

Ikael
April 29th, 2020, 21:13
Official FGU support for the extension will arrive after FGU is released.

Grendel111111
April 30th, 2020, 15:58
This is amazing. I also discovered that you can then turn the NPC into a PC by mistake. Looking back though this thread I see it was a known feature but maybe when it is released it would be something worth pointing out. Thanks Ikael.

zarlor
April 30th, 2020, 22:14
Yeah, that's definitely a feature. I've often used something like Hero Lab or savaged.us to create a PC, copy the statblock, paste it in with NPC maker and then convert it to a PC direct. I usually have to do a bit of cleanup, but it's a lot easier than doing it all by hand! One of my favorite things about this extension.

mac40k
May 1st, 2020, 16:14
Note that it works both ways and you can drag a PC character sheet to NPCs and it will create an NPC version for you.

amerigoV
May 6th, 2020, 01:36
Note that it works both ways and you can drag a PC character sheet to NPCs and it will create an NPC version for you.

Every day I learn something new about this program/ruleset. Thanks!

ChoTimberwolf
May 14th, 2020, 07:35
If I try to import this:
Batu ist der untote Depositua
Attributes:
Agility d6, Smart: d6, Spirit d6 (+2), Strenght d12, Vigor d12
Skills:
Academics (Smarts)
Athletics (Agility) d4,
Battle (Smarts),
Boating (Agility),
Common Knowledge (Smarts),
Driving (Agility),
Electronics (Smarts),
Faith (Spirit),
Fighting (Agility) d12 (+2),
Focus (Spirit),
Gambling (Smarts),
Hacking (Smarts),
Healing (Smarts),
Insight (Spirit),
Intimidation (Spirit) d8,
Language (Smarts),
Notice (Smarts) d8 (-1),
Occult (Smarts),
Performance (Spirit),
Persuasion (Spirit),
Piloting (Agility),
Psionics (Smarts),
Repair (Smarts),
Research (Smarts),
Riding (Agility) d6,
Science (Smarts),
Shooting (Agility),
Spellcasting (Smarts),
Stealth (Agility),
Survival (Smarts),
Taunt (Smarts),
Thievery (Agility),
Weird Science (Smarts),
Toughness: 14(4)
Pace: 5
Parry: 13(5)
Undead
Edges:
All Linked by
Improved Trademark Weapon
Mighty Blow
Equipment:
Plate Armor (+4)
Schild Cover -4 Parry +3
Great Sword d12(Str)+d8

I get the error message:
WARNING, Cannot convert! Your input source is malformed: No valid Attributes.

I am creating NPCs while I am traveling in a Note Keeping app and would like to add them to FG using NPC Maker. What kind of template could I use for that so that it is working?

ProfDogg
May 14th, 2020, 11:59
I think it's because you have no dice in those skills (such as Occult).

Try it in this format:

Caveman
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8,
Vigor d6
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Lockpicking d6, Notice
d6, Stealth d8, Survival d8, Throwing d6.
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Gear: Club (Str+d6), throwing stones (Str+d4, Range:
3/6/12).
Special abilities:
• Low Light Vision: The Caveman ignore the Dark and
Dim Light modifiers.

ChoTimberwolf
May 14th, 2020, 12:05
Thank you for the answer I tired this:

Attributes:
Agility d6, Smart: d6, Spirit d6 (+2), Strenght d12, Vigor d12
Skills:
Athletics (Agility) d4,
Fighting (Agility) d12 (+2),
Intimidation (Spirit) d8,
Notice (Smarts) d8 (-1),
Riding (Agility) d6,
Toughness: 14(4)
Pace: 5
Parry: 13(5)
Undead
Edges:
All Linked by
Improved Trademark Weapon
Mighty Blow
Equipment:
Plate Armor (+4)
Schild Cover -4 Parry +3
Great Sword d12(Str)+d8

Still same error

ProfDogg
May 14th, 2020, 12:07
I just edited my post, apparently we were typing at the same time... Try the format I just posted...

ChoTimberwolf
May 14th, 2020, 12:30
Thank you I found my mistake... I wrote Smart instead of Smarts and Strenght instead of Strength....damn thought I am better in english xD

ChoTimberwolf
May 14th, 2020, 13:07
If someone else needs a template:

Everything inside quotation marks needs to be deleted together with the quotation marks. They just show what could be written there. Every X needs to be filled. Skills that have no number after the d will be ignored. This seems to work so far :)

"Name"

Parry: X
Pace: X
Toughness: X(X)

Attributes: Agility dX, Smarts dX, Spirit dX, Strength dX, Vigor dX

Skills: Academics d, Athletics d, Battle d, Boating d, Common Knowledge d, Driving d, Electronics d, Faith d, Fighting d, Focus d, Gambling d, Hacking d, Healing d, Insight d, Intimidation d, Language d, Notice d, Occult d, Performance d, Persuasion d, Piloting d, Repair d, Research d, Riding d, Science d, Shooting d, Spellcasting d, Stealth d, Survival d, Taunt d, Thievery d, Weird Science d

Hindrances:
"Hindrances divided with commas for example: Ugly, Vow, Wanted"
Edges:
"Edge Names divided with commas for example: Elan, Marksman"
Gear: "Gears divided with commas and in brackets () damage for example: Sword (Str + d6), Bow (2d6, Range: 10/20/40)"
Powers:
"Powers divided with commas for example: Bolt, Confusion"

Talyn
May 14th, 2020, 13:13
Try this. It's just a matter of getting the formatting pretty much the way Pinnacle lays them out. I also just now learned that the Special Abilities need some fluff text or NPC Maker ignores them.

Attributes:
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6 (+2), Strength d12, Vigor d12
Skills: Athletics d4, Fighting d12 (+2), Intimidation d8, Notice d8 (-1), Riding d6
Toughness: 14(4), Pace: 5, Parry: 13(5)
Edges: Improved Trademark Weapon, Mighty Blow
Equipment: Plate [Armor +4], Shield [Cover -4, Parry +3], Great Sword (d12+d8)
Special Abilities:
Undead: +2 Toughness; +2 to recover from being Shaken; No additional damage from called shots; Immune to poison and disease. No wound penalties.

I threw a couple effects [keywords] on the gear for examples, but because this is an NPC, they may actually throw off the math (which is usually already done for NPCs) so remove them if it does.

daggerfortysix
May 15th, 2020, 23:02
This error is given when when selecting any NPC from the NPC list, but only started after using this NPC maker to create a few NPCs. Once I deleted those specific NPCs, the error ceased. I originally thought this was an FGU issue, but now I believe it is something going on with this SW NPC Maker. I do recognize that it may be a conflict between a perfectly good extension and a beta FGU.

Mac OS Version 10.15.4
Fantasy Grounds Updater v4.0.0 (2020-04-24)
Fantasy Grounds v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-15)
Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.2.4
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11

Any chance someone has an idea why I'd get the following error:

[5/15/2020 3:49:22 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-15)
[5/15/2020 3:49:22 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/15/2020 3:49:39 PM] Starting private server mode. [(10.200.102.219:1802) (fe80::e0c9:687e:6c1:d586%23:1802)]
[5/15/2020 3:49:40 PM] Game server started. [10.200.102.219:1802]
[5/15/2020 3:49:40 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[5/15/2020 3:49:40 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[5/15/2020 3:49:56 PM] Campaign database backup created.
[5/15/2020 3:49:56 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.4.4
[5/15/2020 3:50:13 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/15/2020 3:50:42 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
[5/15/2020 3:50:42 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
[5/15/2020 3:50:42 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

Will Tomorrow
May 16th, 2020, 22:23
I don't know if this tool is dead now or what, but it won't copy statblocks from any PDF I've tried. Deadlands: Hell on Earth Reloaded Companion/As the Worm Turns, 50 Fathoms, Saga of the Goblin Horde, etc. Regardless of which PDF I pull from (or even if I just literally copy paste just the attributes line) it sends back the Warning, Cannot convert! Your input source is malformed: No valid attributes.

Interestingly, when I copy the syntax here in the forum, it will still generate an NPC statblock, but converting PDF stats into a rich text document and then converting them using the NPC maker seems just as slow (if not slower) than doing it by hand, which is what I was doing previously. While it could be useful for homebrew, not being able to pull from PDF's is a huge bummer. I'd assume that across the four PDF's I tried, that one of them would function with this extension, but no dice.

Ikael
May 16th, 2020, 22:30
I don't know if this tool is dead now or what, but it won't copy statblocks from any PDF I've tried. Deadlands: Hell on Earth Reloaded Companion/As the Worm Turns, 50 Fathoms, Saga of the Goblin Horde, etc. Regardless of which PDF I pull from (or even if I just literally copy paste just the attributes line) it sends back the Warning, Cannot convert! Your input source is malformed: No valid attributes.

Interestingly, when I copy the syntax here in the forum, it will still generate an NPC statblock, but converting PDF stats into a rich text document and then converting them using the NPC maker seems just as slow (if not slower) than doing it by hand, which is what I was doing previously. While it could be useful for homebrew, not being able to pull from PDF's is a huge bummer. I'd assume that across the four PDF's I tried, that one of them would function with this extension, but no dice.

NPC Marker is far from dead project. I assume your PDF reader is not copying content in proper way because just recently I have been converting stat blocks without issues. From experience I have seen different PDF viewers handling copying data differently. Personally I use Adobe Reader and Google Chrome to render my PDFs and copy-pasting from them works. You could try out seeing what kind of content copy text does in your viewer. It should have line breaks or the tool cannot parse it.

Will Tomorrow
May 16th, 2020, 22:36
It had never occurred to me that it would be the reader that was causing the formatting issues! I tried to open a PDF in Google Chrome, copy & paste and it worked flawlessly. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

daggerfortysix
May 16th, 2020, 23:18
Hey Will - This all started because I got interested in Deadlands from watching your game, haha! I'd never touched Savage Worlds before and I'm loving it.
However, these errors are killing me!

Ikael - Do you have any idea what is causing this? I have posed about it in further detail in the Fantasy Grounds Unity - Early Release thread as linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57936-Error-Message-with-NPCs

[5/16/2020 6:06:02 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-15)
[5/16/2020 6:06:02 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/16/2020 6:07:22 PM] Starting private server mode. [(172.20.1.19:1802) (fe80::95ae:a501:ce00:5a12%15:1802)]
[5/16/2020 6:07:22 PM] Game server started. [172.20.1.19:1802]
[5/16/2020 6:07:22 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[5/16/2020 6:07:22 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[5/16/2020 6:07:40 PM] Campaign database backup created.
[5/16/2020 6:08:04 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.4.4
[5/16/2020 6:08:09 PM] [WARNING] chatwindow: Could not find link icon () in control (chat) in class (chat)
[5/16/2020 6:08:09 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/16/2020 6:08:09 PM] EXTENSION: Adventure Deck v1.8 for Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2011 SmiteWorks USA LLC
[5/16/2020 6:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
[5/16/2020 6:10:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_weapon.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
[5/16/2020 6:10:55 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/16/2020 6:13:09 PM] Campaign saved.

Will Tomorrow
May 16th, 2020, 23:47
It's a small small world! Deadlands is amazing!

Hopefully you can get it resolved, I'm about to make the jump to unity for the livestream when it gets stable enough, it'd be a shame if none of the NPC's worked in it!

daggerfortysix
May 17th, 2020, 00:05
Ya, I only use Unity now. I haven't run into any issues until now.

Doswelk
May 22nd, 2020, 18:46
Hey Will - This all started because I got interested in Deadlands from watching your game, haha! I'd never touched Savage Worlds before and I'm loving it.
However, these errors are killing me!

Ikael - Do you have any idea what is causing this? I have posed about it in further detail in the Fantasy Grounds Unity - Early Release thread as linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57936-Error-Message-with-NPCs

The problem is most likely UNITY at this time :(

Gauthic
May 22nd, 2020, 20:29
I have plans to make it possible and even more, I would like to provide full support for content created with https://savaged.us/ website. The only issue is that I need to find the time to start doing this.

Ikael, I now have JSON exporting for both Bestiary and Player Characters. I’ve nearly finished my take on the Fantasy Grounds XML exporter too.

Roll20 support has already rolled out. If I can get a functioning Linux version of FGU, it’d be out faster.

Sgain
June 5th, 2020, 19:09
oops, figured it out. was missing a stat.

Cirfain
June 23rd, 2020, 12:34
Hello,

I just discovered this amazing tool, a really usefull time-savior.

One thing anyway :
When i Copy this into clipboard :

Skeletons
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d4,
Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d4, Stealth d6
Pace: 7; Parry: 7 (1); Toughness: 8 (1)
Gear: Melee Weapon (Str+d6), Small Shield
(+1 Parry)
Special Abilities:
• Bony Form (Half damage from piercing
and slashing weapons
• Bony Hide (+1 Armor); Claws (Str+1;
never considered unarmed)
• Fearless
• Infravision
• Undead (+2 to recover from being
Shaken, immune to poison and disease, no
additional damage from called shots)
• Weakness (+2 damage from White Silver
and Everwood)
• Weakness (+4 damage from hammers,
maces, and similar weapons)

The tool did not copy special abilities, should it be possible to copy whatever the tools cannot parse in the notes in the main tab of NPC (just below the Non-ID name box) ?

Great job !!

GunbunnyFuFu
June 23rd, 2020, 14:02
The bullet lists mess up the parser. What I do is paste the document to a notepad, remove the bullets, and it should parse fine.

Cirfain
June 23rd, 2020, 15:10
No more :(

Skeletons brute
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Gear: Melee Weapon (Str+d6), Small Shield (+1 Parry)
Special Abilities:
Bony Form (Half damage from piercing and slashing weapons
Bony Hide (+1 Armor); Claws (Str+1; never considered unarmed)
Fearless
Infravision
Undead (+2 to recover from being Shaken, immune to poison and disease, no additional damage from called shots)
Weakness (+2 damage from White Silver and Everwood)
Weakness (+4 damage from hammers, maces, and similar weapons)

Should be something else... may be because NPC have no Abilities box like characters ?
I make a 2nd copy/past for these abilities, it is not very important.

Talyn
June 23rd, 2020, 17:08
Syntax was incorrect. It's always AbilityName: text yours omitted the colon and used parentheses instead.

Skeleton
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Gear: Melee Weapon (Str+d6), Small Shield (+1 Parry)
Special Abilities:
• Bony Form: Half damage from piercing and slashing weapons
• Bony Hide: [Armor +1]
• Claws: Str+1 (never considered unarmed)
• Fearless: Immune to Fear effects and Intimidation
• Infravision: [#Halve Illumination]
• Undead: +2 to recover from being Shaken, immune to poison and disease, no additional damage from called shots
• Weakness: +2 damage from White Silver and Everwood
• Weakness: +4 damage from hammers, maces, and similar weapons

Cirfain
June 23rd, 2020, 18:37
Thanks a lot, that works well without the bullet.

It was just a copy/paste from PDF bought on DriveThruRPG.
I will have to pay attention to the format.
Now I know :)

petersondsz
July 1st, 2020, 13:30
How i can import more then one at same time ?

Ikael
July 1st, 2020, 22:48
How i can import more then one at same time ?

You can do this by separating each NPC stat block with ten (or more) #'s ie.

StatBlockA
##########
StatBlockB
##########
StatBlockC

StoryWeaver
July 5th, 2020, 02:14
This extension has been so helpful over the years, thank you for making it available to all of us. :)

It works great overall, have a small thing to report:

I've noticed that when there is a size attribute with a negative attached to it, the parser tends not to pick up on it and it'll become part of the special ability before it.
Meanwhile size with 0 or a + works.

Example:

Myling, Skeletal Form 2
Removed the descriptive text.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Guts d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Stealth d8
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Treasure: None

Special Abilities:
* Claws: When someone fails to carry a myling to a graveyard it manifests terrible claws. These inflict Str+d8 damage and ignore all nonmagical armor. If a hero is wearing relic armor, only the magical bonus provides protection.
* Enraged: If a person refuses to carry a myling or cannot complete its task, the myling goes Berserk automatically. While berserk, it attacks only using Wild Attacks.
* Fearless: Immune to Fear and Intimidation.
* Size –1: Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall.
* Undead: +2 Toughness. +2 to recover from being Shaken. Called shots do no extra damage. Immune to disease and poison.

This will give the Special Abilities output of :
Fearless
Immune to Fear and Intimidation. * Size –1: Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall.

Undead
+2 Toughness. +2 to recover from being Shaken.

Cirfain
July 5th, 2020, 08:32
Hi,

I have tried that :

Myling, Skeletal Form 2
Removed the descriptive text.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Guts d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Stealth d8
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Treasure: None

Special Abilities:
* Claws: When someone fails to carry a myling to a graveyard it manifests terrible claws. These inflict Str+d8 damage and ignore all nonmagical armor. If a hero is wearing relic armor, only the magical bonus provides protection.
* Enraged: If a person refuses to carry a myling or cannot complete its task, the myling goes Berserk automatically. While berserk, it attacks only using Wild Attacks.
* Fearless: Immune to Fear and Intimidation.
* Size: –1: Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall.
* Undead: +2 Toughness. +2 to recover from being Shaken. Called shots do no extra damage. Immune to disease and poison.

Note the : after Size.

Is that what you want ?

StoryWeaver
July 5th, 2020, 18:29
Ideally for consistency, I suppose it should be:

Fearless
Immune to Fear and Intimidation.

Size –1
Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall.

Undead
+2 Toughness. +2 to recover from being Shaken...

As I think it does that when size is 0 or larger, it normally shows up as (unless my memory is playing tricks on me lol):

Size (0)
Some text.
Size +3
Some text.

That aside, how did you get it to appear like that, with Size as the title and the "-1: Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall." in the description line, when you parsed?
It is a far improvement right away if I can get it to parse, instead of having to manually edit afterwards. :)

Cirfain
July 6th, 2020, 08:13
Like that :
* Size: –1: Myling skeletons average 4-5’ tall.

Muagen
July 6th, 2020, 14:34
Is there a way to get all the weapons in the Gear section of a parsed statblock to populate as attacks on the Combat tab?

Doswelk
July 6th, 2020, 15:24
Is there a way to get all the weapons in the Gear section of a parsed statblock to populate as attacks on the Combat tab?
They should be IF they are using the correct format, it creates an entry based on the parsed text, it doesn’t look up stats at all

ChoTimberwolf
July 8th, 2020, 21:03
Would it be possible to add support for the new Deadlands Archetype PDF? That would be nice ;)

Doswelk
July 8th, 2020, 23:23
They are not in standard SWADE stat block format, so it would require a complete re-write just for these, type them manually, it would be quicker that waiting for/if Ikael to code it!

Edit: Also the text flow layout is different to each entry, so I think the answer is no.

ctcharger
July 24th, 2020, 23:09
Very cool, using this website it gets 95% of it dead on, a few tweaks and I am done. Thanks!

https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/monster.php?SearchDesc=ant&Search=&Format=

Slagmoth
August 29th, 2020, 19:57
So I grabbed the latest versions of the SWEL and NPC Maker but it still gives me old version numbers in the loading screen.

Not sure what the deal is. I say this because I noticed that when I was gaming with Doswelk his loaded with the correct numbers.

Xeonen
September 27th, 2020, 20:14
Is there any documentation of GitHub page for the NPC Maker to learn more about how we can write NPC Maker Friendly NPC blocks that can be parsed with weapons and properties?

YggBjorn
September 27th, 2020, 20:52
I think you just have to define the properties of the item after putting the proper Identifier. I have an example for you that I CTRL-C copied from the Vermilium - Blood Hunt OneSheet:

WEDNESDAY Q GLASS
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d8, Fighting d10, Intimidation
d8, Notice d10, Persuasion d6, Stealth d10, Shooting d10, Survival d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (2)
Edges: Calculating, Command, Killer Instinct, Marksman
Gear: Colonial arbalest with azure iron bolts (Range 15/30/60, Damage
2d10, RoF 1, AP 4, Snapfire), hunting knife (Str+d4+1, AP 1), canteen
full of blood (1 pint), heavy buckskin clothing (+2).
Special Abilities:
• Vampire: Glass is a creature of the night, just like her servants, and
shares their special abilities.
• Bloodborne: If anyone Incapacitated by a vampire’s bite fails their
Vigor roll, they do not gain a permanent injury. Instead, the victim
is infected with vampirism, gaining Phobia (Sunlight) and Habit
(Drinking blood) as Minor Hindrances, and elongated fangs (Str+d4).
A successful healing roll at –2 made within an hour of contracting the
infection removes it.
• Fast Regeneration: Vampires may attempt a natural healing roll every
round unless the Wounds were caused by a shot through the heart, in
which case they must be healed naturally. In order to do this, they must
drink at least one pint of blood. If a vampire scores a raise with a bite
attack that successfully wounds their target, they are considered to have
sucked out enough blood to heal.
• Nocturnal: Vampires have Infravision, being able to almost smell
warm blood, and Environmental Resistance to Cold.
• Weakness (Heart): A Called Shot to the heart (–4) of a vampire adds
an additional +2 to the damage total.
• Weakness (Sunlight): Vampires detest the light of day. Whenever a
vampire is under direct sunlight, they subtract –2 from all Trait rolls.
• Weakness (Vampire blood): When a vampire drinks the blood of
another vampire, they suffer from the effects of Lethal Poison.
Harvest: Vampire blood, vampire teeth.

If you copy that and hit the 'Make NPC' button it will create an NPC with a weapon called a Colonial Arbalest with the range and damage listed.

EDIT: It is very effective but has limitations. If you create this NPC using NPC Maker it will add an attack called 'Bloodborne' as it sees the damage described in the description, but doesn't understand that 'Bloodborne' is describing a bite attack that the infected individual inherits.

Argonautking
October 21st, 2020, 16:09
So, I'm getting all the abilities clumped up when I try copy paste. Anyone know how to fix that?

Ahh, saw an earlier post that pointed out using the bullet list alt 0149 • messes up the parser, removing them then using the npc maker worked a charm :)

YggBjorn
November 18th, 2020, 04:11
I've been using NPC Maker with FGC, how well does it work for FGU?

Ikael
November 18th, 2020, 04:54
FGU compatible version is under development atm.

EDIT: FGU compatibility is cancelled for now

Chris CB
November 18th, 2020, 08:40
NPC importer works with FGU for me. I've imported characters from savaged.us with no issue.

Marcus Siew
November 19th, 2020, 02:03
Hi,

Using 1.7 in FGC, when i import a NPC, there are extra characters in the unskilled.

Not sure is this a known bug, just highlighting.

Rdgs

Ikael
November 19th, 2020, 07:08
Changelog

[Added] SWEL markdown support
[Updated] Rebranded to Savage Worlds Maker
[Fixed] Unskilled encoding in FGC

This extension has been re-branded from NPC Maker into SW Maker because the plan is to support more than just NPC creation.

In addition if you have enabled Savage Worlds Enhanced Library extension along with SW Maker you will have SWEL markdown support in description fields.

FGU is still not officially supported because of encoding difference between FGC and FGU. The extension might works on FGU but it is not guaranteed

Ikael
November 19th, 2020, 22:14
Changelog

[Updated] FGU encoding support improved

However note that FGU compatibility is still not guaranteed. This is just minor fix

amerigoV
November 20th, 2020, 21:43
I noticed a minor bug using the rebranded SW Maker for FGU. If the stat block you are importing does not have any description (ie, if there is no text between the NPC's name line and attributes line) then stat block will not have a space to add that description later. Its not that the line is empty - the line does not exist. If I put some text between Test and Attribute (as its own row) it imports the wording into the description line as normal. I noticed it as I was using something from Zadmar's converter.

See test stat block below and what it produced (attached image)

Test
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12+1
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d10, Climbing d8, Notice d10, Persuasion d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 10 (2)
Gear: Scale mail (+2), bastard sword (Str+d8), large shield (Parry +2)
Edges: Arcane Resistance, Combat Reflexes, Sweep
Special Abilities
• Darkvision: No vision penalties for darkness (range 12").
• Change Form: Can assume an alternate form as a normal action.

Ikael
January 11th, 2021, 20:50
Changelog

[Added] Unarmed attack is added if stats does not define special ability attack
[Updated] Improved record matching

TheDarkMantle
January 16th, 2021, 02:20
Since this doesn't work with FGU, I thought I'd install the demo of FGC to try it out. I get an error even trying to load Savage Worlds. Does that mean I'll have to buy FGC to even try to use this?

ProfDogg
January 16th, 2021, 02:37
Since this doesn't work with FGU, I thought I'd install the demo of FGC to try it out. I get an error even trying to load Savage Worlds. Does that mean I'll have to buy FGC to even try to use this?

Since you can't GM using Demo, I imagine that the extension won't help. I still use FGC for Savage Worlds and CoreRPG games myself, but I had an Ultimate license for it before I got Unity. But I don't know if I could recommend getting an FGC license now with everything shifting inevitably towards Unity only. At some point I suspect all of my games will be Unity and FGC essentially phased out from lack of support.

damned
January 16th, 2021, 04:06
FGC required you to have a license to access any vault content
In FGU they relaxed that requirement but it is still in effect on FGC.

TheDarkMantle
January 16th, 2021, 04:24
Thanks ProfDogg and damned. It was more the enhanced library that I was thinking of (wrong thread) but yeah, I can't load anything on the demo.

In the SWEL thread, Ikael mentioned that all modules if they were going to be released anywhere, needed to be made in FGC. You can see that post here. (I thought that was in this thread oops) ��

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library&p=557689&viewfull=1#post557689

damned
January 16th, 2021, 06:35
At this point in time that is still true - yes.
Content needs to be created in FGC.
You dont need to use SWEL but it is the easiest option.

Valyar
January 28th, 2021, 08:17
I am passing by to say how cool this extension is. :)

Jiminimonka
February 22nd, 2021, 20:46
Tool to create Fantasy Grounds NPC records from text-based Savage Worlds stat blocks.

How to use

Download the extension from this post and place it to Fantasy Grounds' extensions folder
Enable the extension (NPC Maker) when launching SavageWorlds (or SWD) ruleset
Copy stat blocks to your clipboard (CTRL+C)
Open NPC masterindex from sidebar
Click the "Make NPC" button on top left and you got your NPC!

This extension was previously known as SW NPC Maker

Just tried this in Unity for a Lankhmar encounter (the free pdf Lankhmar Sirens Call) - there was an error pop up in the console - but man this is a thing of beauty! Awesome. Thanks.

Jiminimonka
March 7th, 2021, 11:01
I notice the Name Generator only has Monster names - if you try to select anything other than monsters an error is thrown. EDIT: Unity FG

I will take a look in the extension when I have time (tomorrow) and see if its something I can help with.

IceBear
March 7th, 2021, 14:27
I didn't even know there was a name generator in it :)

Lonewolf
April 8th, 2021, 08:05
To whom it may concern. There is an up coming FGC class on how to use SW maker. Along with few other content creation ideas.

If you still learning SWADE content creation on Fantasy Grounds. Here is some excellent advice, go over to Fantasy Grounds Collage to see the master at work this Thursday https://fantasygroundscollege.net/events/savage-worldscontent-creation-using-swel-and-sw-maker/

TheDarkMantle
April 8th, 2021, 13:09
To whom it may concern. There is an up coming FGC class on how to use SW maker. Along with few other content creation ideas.

If you still learning SWADE content creation on Fantasy Grounds. Here is some excellent advice, go over to Fantasy Grounds Collage to see the master at work this Thursday https://fantasygroundscollege.net/events/savage-worldscontent-creation-using-swel-and-sw-maker/

Any chance this will be recorded? I'll be at work at 11:30 my time when it's happening.

mac40k
April 8th, 2021, 17:34
Any chance this will be recorded? I'll be at work at 11:30 my time when it's happening.

I asked the same question (for the same reason) over in the other thread and Kevin did confirm he plans to record it.

Mike Serfass
April 9th, 2021, 06:02
I attended the class. It was informative and enjoyable. I highly recommend that you watch the video, and attend this class if Kevin offers it again.
Thank you for presenting, Doswell!

amerigoV
April 9th, 2021, 13:32
I attended the class. It was informative and enjoyable. I highly recommend that you watch the video, and attend this class if Kevin offers it again.
Thank you for presenting, Doswell!

Seconded.

Whaley
June 10th, 2021, 12:56
Edit: First off I use this extension and I absolutely LOVE IT, BUT Is there anyway to expand this? Like convert and generate SW characters from Say Pathfinder and D&D? Maybe have seperate buttons such as Make 5E NPC, or Make PF NPC? Obviously it would always require tweaking beyond the initial convert but getting a good baseline I think would be amazing.

Skellan
June 10th, 2021, 13:53
You may find this site useful
https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/
You can convert pathfinder statblocks to SW statblocks and then import to FG using the npc maker.
I know this is not exactly what you asked but it may give you a work around if you weren't aware of the site

Doswelk
June 11th, 2021, 08:07
Edit: First off I use this extension and I absolutely LOVE IT, BUT Is there anyway to expand this? Like convert and generate SW characters from Say Pathfinder and D&D? Maybe have seperate buttons such as Make 5E NPC, or Make PF NPC? Obviously it would always require tweaking beyond the initial convert but getting a good baseline I think would be amazing.
How would it work?

The "official" way to convert other RPG monsters/NPCs to SWADE is "Do not convert or create them following set rules (like d20 has), you create them with skills/edges/hindrances you think they need"

Tell 5 GMs to create a SWADE version of a beholder you will get 5 different versions (I know as I have looked in the past), NONE of them are wrong, they are all different.

So how do you make a tool that makes EVERY body happy?

Answer: Make your own for yourself

Me: I'll either take the SWD monsters from Zadmar and then tweak them for SWADE, search the inter web for something somwonelse has done, but a pdf from Misfit studios, or make it myself, only the last one will not have me using the SW Maker tool.

I'm afraid to say there is no need for a tool for Official FGU SWADE products so Ikael will not be making it, I cannot code to save my life and no-one else has made it yet, so I'm afraid that leaves you to build it.

If you make it would I use it ?

Maybe, but would I disagree with the conversion it produces, probably (does not make me right, it is just I might have made the monster differently)

Whaley
June 11th, 2021, 13:24
I agree, which is why I put that you would have to tweak it. I cannot code myself so I was just hoping to "inspire" somebody who could to either make it or include something in SW Maker. My process works that I use now but I am inherently and would love to get the brunt of the work automated.

Whaley
June 11th, 2021, 13:25
You may find this site useful
https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/
You can convert pathfinder statblocks to SW statblocks and then import to FG using the npc maker.
I know this is not exactly what you asked but it may give you a work around if you weren't aware of the site

That is what I currently use. The combination of that site and SW Maker is amazing, I was just hoping to maybe include something like that site into SW Maker.

Doswelk
June 11th, 2021, 14:59
I cannot code myself so I was just hoping to "inspire" somebody who could to either make it or include something in SW Maker.

That will NEVER happen I am afraid, SWMaker ONLY exists because Ikael wanted something to convert official SW products, so he coded it for himself and shared it out, as there will NEVER be an official SW product that requires you to convert d20 it will not be added.

Ikael is busy enough keeping SW working with FGU/FGC.

Jiminimonka
June 11th, 2021, 15:06
That is what I currently use. The combination of that site and SW Maker is amazing, I was just hoping to maybe include something like that site into SW Maker.

Most extension are written by People because they want something added to FG. A lot of these extensions were written by people with little or no coding experience but they learned. Somewhere on the forum (probably in the Extensions section) there is a guide on how to get started.

Like the big dude in Robots says "see a need, fill a need"

:)

Ikael
July 23rd, 2021, 15:03
SW Maker is now available in Forge, see: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/109/view