PDA

View Full Version : Token Layers?

TalonKaine
April 5th, 2014, 03:59
Greetings,

Quick question. Is there a way to set priorities on which token will be visible if both tokens are placed on the same block (overlapping). For example I use the GURPS ruleset and when an token dies in combat I drag a semi-transparent blood splat token to overlap the token which works okay as the last token to overlap ends up on top. However, I also use this method for things suchs as roots, stuns, snare effect and I would like to be able to click once and target the token that is on the top layer (so I can delete the spell effect) but it always targets the token on the bottom. So I'm having to move the below character token... then delete the root token... then have to move the character token back into place.

Is there a way to set priority of which token remains on top layer?

Also can someone tell me what Token Options -> Advance Frame does?

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2014, 06:04
I'm not familiar with the GURPS token option you mentioned, but there is currently no way to specify token Z-order on FG maps. Please add to wish list in my sig.

In the 3.5e/4e rulesets, there are health bar and effects widgets added to tokens linked to the combat tracker. This could be another way to implement status effects, but would require a community dev to apply those features to GURPS.

Regards,
JPG

seycyrus
April 5th, 2014, 13:30
Advance Frame is what I think you are looking for. either that or overlay. It will allow you to cycle through images with two clicks instead of drag-drop-remove.

Here is a thread where it is discussed, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20138-Advance-Frame-and-Overlay

TalonKaine
April 5th, 2014, 16:26
Thanks... playing with it now. Is there a hotkey or keyboard+mouse click that can scroll through the Advance Frames with ease instead of right clicking and going into it that way multiple times?

saithan
April 5th, 2014, 16:43
I will see about making it in less clicks in the next version.