PDA

View Full Version : DOE: Locations Extension

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2019, 15:11
Dulux, I'm not a programmer, I don't know if it would be too much work, but I'll give you a suggestion / guess if it's feasible, useful, good, otherwise it's worth the intention.
It would be possible to have DOE: Locations assume the currencies of that local currencies in the options and when I put the items in the Building instead of assuming the gp, it would check the currency it has, the item currency and everything would be all right.
Example: I can use DOE in conjunction with CoC 7E, there I can adopt $, £, ¢ as my money depending on location and era, so it would be more enjoyable and practical.

My long touted (since 2015), long worked on, much delayed, DOE: WMC Extension will be able to / does do this - or effectively allows the same end result.

As soon as I check out and confirm the current DOE Suit works properly with FGU - so that they'll be ready when FGU is released, I'll get the DOE: WMC finished and published. The latest updates around the gp to GP were a stepping stone on the way - and as the vast majority of games played with FG use gp/GP/Gp or some variant, it was worthwhile getting that code "out".

So, now that my dialysis is starting to kick in and my general health is improving (I've lost 40kg / 88lb) my brain is working better, I'm less fatigued, and I can "think" through coding problems a bit more easier (although don't get me wrong, I'm nowhere near back to where I was when I was at my peak) my productivity is improving, which means more DOEs will be released over the coming weeks, months, and years.

madman
November 17th, 2019, 16:05
Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction, health wise.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 17th, 2019, 16:08
Congratulations on the evolution towards health!

EmptyBag
November 17th, 2019, 18:21
Very glad to hear that you are on the mend.

MrDDT
November 17th, 2019, 19:40
My long touted (since 2015), long worked on, much delayed, DOE: WMC Extension will be able to / does do this - or effectively allows the same end result.

As soon as I check out and confirm the current DOE Suit works properly with FGU - so that they'll be ready when FGU is released, I'll get the DOE: WMC finished and published. The latest updates around the gp to GP were a stepping stone on the way - and as the vast majority of games played with FG use gp/GP/Gp or some variant, it was worthwhile getting that code "out".

So, now that my dialysis is starting to kick in and my general health is improving (I've lost 40kg / 88lb) my brain is working better, I'm less fatigued, and I can "think" through coding problems a bit more easier (although don't get me wrong, I'm nowhere near back to where I was when I was at my peak) my productivity is improving, which means more DOEs will be released over the coming weeks, months, and years.

Very glad to hear you are doing better!

madman
November 18th, 2019, 21:25
I miss all the RTFM comments...

dulux-oz
November 19th, 2019, 10:19
I miss all the RTFM comments...

So, RTFT :P

(For those of you who can't work it out: Read The F*cking Thread)

Gozer the Gozerian
November 23rd, 2019, 08:34
I have created a shop, and stocked the inventory, but when dragging multiples of the same item, each one creates a new line on the character sheet instead of raising the quantity (see the Bedroll inventory items in the graphic). Is this intended behavior?

dulux-oz
November 23rd, 2019, 13:34
I have created a shop, and stocked the inventory, but when dragging multiples of the same item, each one creates a new line on the character sheet instead of raising the quantity (see the Bedroll inventory items in the graphic). Is this intended behavior?

I believe it is, but I'll stand corrected if someone who uses the function more than I do says its not. :)

BTW, Which Ruleset, etc, are you using? - see Post #999 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension&p=463461&viewfull=1#post463461) :)

Kelrugem
November 23rd, 2019, 13:40
I believe it is, but I'll stand corrected if someone who uses the function more than I do says its not. :)

BTW, Which Ruleset, etc, are you using? - see Post #999 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension&p=463461&viewfull=1#post463461) :)

I do not have this behaviour, for me the items stack (3.5e ruleset :) The question seems to be for 5e though, not sure whether items stack there normally, I believe so)

dulux-oz
November 23rd, 2019, 13:48
I do not have this behaviour, for me the items stack (3.5e ruleset :) )

Thanks Kel,

OK, so now I really need the info outlined in Post #999

Gozer the Gozerian
November 23rd, 2019, 15:06
Sorry, on my phone at the moment, but the version s 3.3.9, and the rule set is 5e. In addition to the DOE base, locations, and weather extensions, I have Coin Weight, Weapon Handling, Simple Brown, Death Tracker extended, MOTD, and Attunement Tracker extensions.

dulux-oz
November 24th, 2019, 02:29
Sorry, on my phone at the moment, but the version s 3.3.9, and the rule set is 5e. In addition to the DOE base, locations, and weather extensions, I have Coin Weight, Weapon Handling, Simple Brown, Death Tracker extended, MOTD, and Attunement Tracker extensions.

OK, so drop all the Extensions except the DOE's (and the Simple Brown - we *know* those work together) and test again, then add each of the other Extensions back in one at a time, testing each as you go. I suspect its an Extension conflict, and if I had to guess its the Coin Weight Extension (but I could be wrong).

(Incidentally, my long-touted DOE:WMC Extension - Comming Soon(ish)™ - will. amoung other functions, be able handle coin weights, coin values, coin exchanges, be fully compatible with the rest of the DOE Suite, and work for all supported Rulesets :) )

Gozer the Gozerian
November 24th, 2019, 05:38
Ok, so I disabled all but the DOE extensions and Simple Brown, and I'm getting the same result. This time I tried it with Rations. The only discrepancy I can see is that I made the shop have a 50% markup, which gives the item a price of 7.5 sp in the shop. But when I drag the Rations to the backpack and open up the item in the backpack, the price is listed as 5 sp (as in the PHB).

Gozer the Gozerian
November 24th, 2019, 06:33
Ok, so I disabled all but the DOE extensions and Simple Brown, and I'm getting the same result. This time I tried it with Rations. The only discrepancy I can see is that I made the shop have a 50% markup, which gives the item a price of 7.5 sp in the shop. But when I drag the Rations to the backpack and open up the item in the backpack, the price is listed as 5 sp (as in the PHB).

I now went back in and created a Rations item without markup, and lo and behold, it works as intended! The 5 sp priced Rations dragged into the inventory and added to the already existing items there. So it appears the problem is with changing the price.

H2Os
November 24th, 2019, 23:35
Edit: Nevermind I forgot to update the base ext.

Gozer the Gozerian
November 30th, 2019, 07:29
I now went back in and created a Rations item without markup, and lo and behold, it works as intended! The 5 sp priced Rations dragged into the inventory and added to the already existing items there. So it appears the problem is with changing the price.

I was hoping to be able to use the markup feature in my next session, as the players have traveled to the North, where everything is more expensive. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

dulux-oz
November 30th, 2019, 09:44
I was hoping to be able to use the markup feature in my next session, as the players have traveled to the North, where everything is more expensive. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure at this stage - I've got to take a look and see.

Intruder
December 9th, 2019, 18:20
Hi Dulux, I use your Locations Extension to provide vendors to my players. Your latest update
corrects the LONG decimal weight values by dropping values <= 1 unit.
In my testing, the long values don't seem to happen when the weight is >=.5.
Can you alter your extension to use .5 as the basis?

I use the Encumbrance Rules and this is of interest to the campaign.

Thank you.

dulux-oz
December 16th, 2019, 13:11
Hi Everyone,

Let me say again what I said in Post #991

For the moment, the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU

Meanmelter
January 19th, 2020, 21:59
FG Version: v.3.3.9 ULTIMATE
Rules:SFRPG
Extensions: DOE: Base Extension v4.0.1, Alignment Graph Extension v3.0.0, Campaign-Style Graph Extension v3.0.0, Locations Extension v5.0.1, Organisations Extension V2.0.0
GM/Player/Both:Both
Error Message: None

Some of the default themes do not load locations correctly:31264, 31265
The only themes I had it working in is the Dungeon Theme, Default Theme, Starfinder Simple Theme (This one is a community extension) , SF Ultra Theme Map Scale 100 (Another community theme extension)
Here is a screenshot of what that page should have, using the default theme: 31266

Additional: I did find another bug while I was working on the default theme, it seems I couldn't open a planet directly from the solar system it was in. 31269
I confirmed I could open it directly via the worlds tab that had all the worlds in it. 31270

I was going to test DOE: Locations Extension v5.0.0 but I couldn't find a download in the master post.

I suspect it's actually something to do with the themes and not this extension? But I couldn't find a thread for the Simple Gray/Simple Brown themes after looking for like an hour and half so I hope you don't mind I post my findings here. Though I am surprised no one else has reported this issue yet.

Gozer the Gozerian
January 20th, 2020, 06:56
I'm not sure at this stage - I've got to take a look and see.

Have you been able to determine yet if the markup issue is a bug?

Alanrockid
March 30th, 2020, 19:34
Is there a way to get this extension? I need it so bad, but cant find it anywhere... am i missing something? :(

superteddy57
March 30th, 2020, 19:37
The developer pulled this and their other projects. You can try this extension instead to see if it helps.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

Gozer the Gozerian
March 30th, 2020, 19:49
The developer pulled this and their other projects. You can try this extension instead to see if it helps.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

What happened?

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2020, 19:56
What happened?
They decided to no longer support their extensions and did not want extensions that would quickly become out of date and cause problems to be left for people to stumble across. Since they also had published their extensions with a restrictive license, others can not modify and distribute such updated versions.

Alanrockid
March 31st, 2020, 20:58

Cool extension, i'll keep it for other uses, but unfortunately does not cover what i wanted, which was the Shop Generators and such, to auto populate a random city market in my campaign... =/
Does anybody know where i can find such module/extension? (i have "merchant generator" already, it helps a lot, but it was designed to really shine when used togheter with DOE locations).

Beemanpat
April 2nd, 2020, 14:41
As of now I dont think anyone has been able cover that gap since doe locations is gone.

morunas
April 15th, 2020, 10:17
I've been using the DOE Locations extension... extensively, in my campaign / world building.

I would like to migrate to and start using the new FG Unity (Beta). Should I expect things to break? Has anyone else come across this? What do you suggest I do?

I love how everything can be linked, so I've pinned locations (with their details, history, GM notes, and other links to sub locations, maps, NPCs, etc) all over my maps. I really hope I can use FG Unity and still have this extension working :/ but I fear the worst...

Yonjaime
April 15th, 2020, 11:35
I've got the same worries you do. I'm going to finish the SKT campaign (in a few months) and then check; hopefully (fingers crossed) it'll work adequately.

jab112
April 15th, 2020, 14:01
Please read the post 1.

SirMotte
April 20th, 2020, 10:03
I did some testing with the latest DOE version and FGU and it seems like thing still work properly.

That being said, I wouldn't advise on using the DOE extensions if you don't have a lot put into them already, as they might break at any time. Dulux-Oz will probably never come back or make his DOE:Suite Open Source (which is sad but I respect his decisions).

For the time being, use outside tools like https://kanka.io/en-US, World Anvil or anything similar to manage your world, or start using the player agency extension currently in the works by our esteemed damned (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?19192-damned).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension/

Cheers

SirMotte
April 20th, 2020, 10:19
Please read the post 1.

No one asked for updates or the like, not sure what you're on about.

Alanrockid
June 15th, 2020, 21:50
Could someone send me the link or the file of this extension, even if outdated? I would like to take a look at it to see if i can get it to work somehow (if the author doesn't mind, of course).

Zacchaeus
June 15th, 2020, 22:25
I think the author would mind which is why he withdrew them. Additionally he posted them under a restrictive license when they were available so no one else could use the code anyway.

Qoff
July 11th, 2021, 17:31
Any other extensions does the same for FG Unity?

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2021, 17:53
This one https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

Qoff
July 11th, 2021, 17:55
This one https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

Thanks!