PDA

View Full Version : Changing Background Image in Ruleset.

TalonKaine
April 1st, 2014, 23:58
Greetings,

Quick question for you ruleset brains out there. I'm working on using the GURPS system/ruleset for a Star Craft RPG I'm working on, however I do not like the brown wood grain background with the GURPS logo. It does not set the right mood for a Sci-Fi alien warfare setting. How hard is it to change the ruleset background image? Also how hard is it to change the background images on the character sheets?

Please keep in mind I know nothing about .xml or whatever coding is involved in the process.

On a side note, does anyone out there in the community have a more modern or sci-fi looking ruleset for GURPS already made by chance?

Thanks in advance to any who reply.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2014, 01:44
Some basic info in this thread (and the thread linked in post #2): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19316-Desktop-Graphic-Help

You'll need to open up the GURPS ruleset and find the desktop.png (or desktop_background.png) file - usually in graphics\scripts. Then modify this as required - you'll notice from the threads I link that it is not just a case of changing one file for another, the desktop graphic file contains all of the image objects needed to build the base desktop.

Blacky
April 3rd, 2014, 18:58
This could be a good first tutorial on the wiki, with a template ready: the right way to do this is an extension, since editing a ruleset means changes will disappear when updating, and sometimes unziping a PAK and dealing with having two rulesets with the same name.

So, maybe some detailed clear and precise explanations on how's this working, how to make it into code, and how to make it into the template skin extension provided with the page?