PDA

View Full Version : Problems with items in bought adventures

Hastur
April 2nd, 2014, 00:48
Hi!

I've bought the adventures "Crypt of the Sun Lord" and "Fangs from the Past" for FG. There's a problem with the parcels in both adventures. The money seems to be right, but the items are not there. Instead there are just items called "New item" with the FG-link-button. And if I click on that link-button, then an empty item-window opens and the console says:
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (description) in windowclass (item_main)
Script Error [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua]:81: attempt to index global 'description' (a nil value)
I have not changed anything.
Hope, someone is able to help. Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Hastur

Nickademus
April 2nd, 2014, 01:09
Ditto. Used to not do this.

gmkieran
April 2nd, 2014, 15:18
I don't have either mod to look at, but it sounds like the links are pointed at something that's been moved. Perhaps in the update to layered rule sets, some of the basic module information got re-arranged or replaced? Nick, have you opened up the .xml to see what the item links are pointed at, out of curiosity?

cheers!

Nickademus
April 2nd, 2014, 18:20
Nah. I should probably do that. I was just going to replace them. /lazy

Nickademus
April 2nd, 2014, 18:28
Okay, they point to items. Though the reference:
<recordname>item.id-00009</recordname>... seems incomplete. I'd think it needs an @module at the end but the db.xml doesn't have a name to reference.

hangarflying
April 3rd, 2014, 18:10
FWIW, the same thing happened with some of the modules that I made before the 3.x update.

Nickademus
April 3rd, 2014, 21:01
I think I remember my GM just after 3.0 complaining about this too.

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2014, 20:54
This is scheduled to be fixed in v3.0.4, which just went into beta testing. There are general improvements to migration of data in modules and character files saved from older versions of rulesets.

You may need to revert the modules by using the right click menu on each module in the Module Activation window to get the migration to kick in with the new version.

Regards,
JPG

Hastur
April 15th, 2014, 21:35
Many thanks JPG. Great news.
By the way, I played my first round last week and it worked great, we ha a wonderful time. Its really a excellent peace of software.