PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RMC training/group to join

jshauber
March 28th, 2014, 20:51
Been using FG for a while to do Savage Worlds and Pathfinder.

I have always liked the Rolemaster rules, played a ton of MERP back in the day.

I recently decided to get the RMC add-on and have been playing around with it a bit.

Looking to maybe join a group if anyone has an opening that fits my schedule or even if someone just wants to do a one off for something different.

JohnD
March 28th, 2014, 21:54
Oh man... I had a game going a while ago that I had to end because life and work were kicking me in the boys while dealing with a bit of depression. I still regret that it had to go that route... an excellent bunch of players.

Hasn't been much activity in the RM section lately.

Really would love to get involved in something RM related myself. Will be watching this space.

Ardem
April 1st, 2014, 06:35
Likewise John, problem is you guys on the other side of the world make it difficult for to join in a game.

uncanny337
April 1st, 2014, 14:34
When do we start? :D

uncanny337
April 1st, 2014, 14:36
Have been looking for RM game for ages

JohnD
April 2nd, 2014, 13:36
Yes, well if anyone has the gumption (do the kids still use that word?) to get something started I'm happy to join in. However my DMing duties are fully tapped at this point.

jshauber
April 4th, 2014, 17:15
Yes, well if anyone has the gumption (do the kids still use that word?) to get something started I'm happy to join in. However my DMing duties are fully tapped at this point.

Likewise, I am running 2 games and working on stuff to run for FG-CON IV currently. Would be happy to jump in and play as a break from all the GM duties.

Looks like we have enough ready to go, just need someone to dust off an old campaign and start it again for some new players....

Dakadin
April 28th, 2014, 05:05
I just posted a Rolemaster Classic event for FG Con 4 if anyone is interested. You can get to it here: https://www.fg-con.com/events/infernal-mining/

jshauber
April 29th, 2014, 16:55
Would love to play but I am running a Pathfinder Society game in the same time slot....Maybe after the CON we can figure out a way to play something.

Dakadin
April 30th, 2014, 02:17
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed you were running something at the same time after I posted it.

That sounds good about trying to figure something out after the Con. The big issue for most of us is the time it takes to run a game.

Andraax
May 5th, 2014, 00:55
I'm willing to GM a campaign. I'm in US/Central and can run most evenings during the week or pretty much any time on Saturday. I currently have some stuff on Sunday, but might be able to work around that as well...

jshauber
May 5th, 2014, 01:03
I'm willing to GM a campaign. I'm in US/Central and can run most evenings during the week or pretty much any time on Saturday. I currently have some stuff on Sunday, but might be able to work around that as well...

Since we are already talking about it, just to make it official...I AM IN!!!!

Dakadin
May 5th, 2014, 06:56
If the timing works out, I would like to join also.

JohnD
May 5th, 2014, 17:25
Ditto. I have just spent the majority of the last six weeks or so being mostly unavailable due to family/health reasons though, in the interests of semi-full disclosure. Timing and schedule would be key.

Andraax
May 5th, 2014, 17:41
Well, I've already stated when I could run a game, the rest of you need to let me know your availability... :-)

JohnD
May 5th, 2014, 18:00
Doodle poll?

https://doodle.com/en/

Andraax
May 5th, 2014, 18:14
https://doodle.com/wy7auum3tawqxa3w

jshauber
May 5th, 2014, 21:19
https://doodle.com/wy7auum3tawqxa3w

I posted my availability.

Dakadin
May 7th, 2014, 01:13
Thanks Andraax for stepping up. Unfortunately, I live in PST/PDT and have to work later so it makes it difficult for me to join. I wish you guys luck and good times though. :)

JohnD
May 7th, 2014, 21:23
Availability updated. Question about time zone added to poll.

Senoj
May 11th, 2014, 22:25
Heard about this poll last night at FG-Con. Added my availability.

JohnD
May 11th, 2014, 23:15
Looks like good availability Tuesday and Thursday.

Andraax
May 12th, 2014, 00:54
At this point, the winner looks like Tuesday at 18:00pm US/Central. We could pick up another player if we maybe do 19:00-22:00, but that would shorten play time by an hour. I'm going to close this poll early this week, and create another with more limited days and a wider selection of playing time ranges and we'll decide on the final day / time at that point.

GunnarGreybeard
May 13th, 2014, 08:32
Its been years since I really played any RMC (only a couple short sessions) and my work schedule kind of limits my hours but I will speak up when the next poll is available, after being tweaked, and see if I can add myself into the mix.

Andraax
May 13th, 2014, 14:16
New poll. Vote for all the time slots you can make a game... (Verify the timezone in the upper right corner is correct for your location.)

https://doodle.com/53uef97tsz8smaqw

JohnD
May 13th, 2014, 14:57
I have voted. Earlier or later times than what I selected are not strictly speaking out of consideration; just indicated my most reliable time range (family medical etc... aside).

Will you be creating an entry on the Campaign Page? What rules options are you considering and/or any extensions?

Andraax
May 13th, 2014, 16:50
Since it's been a number of years (hmm, 2 decades now?) since I have GM'd Rolemaster Classic, let's just stick with the basics for now. :-)

Dakadin
May 13th, 2014, 20:04
I can actually make some of the new times. No worries if you need to do it at an earlier time.

Also let me know if you want a demo from the GM's perspective.

jshauber
May 13th, 2014, 21:55
Post my times, which are all of them....those are both good nights for me to game.

mghauber
May 14th, 2014, 12:57
Hello all. Posted my availability...been a looong time since MERP but am interested in late game on Thursday.

GunnarGreybeard
May 17th, 2014, 16:20
Hmmm, no Wednesday option?

Andraax
May 17th, 2014, 16:50
That was on the first poll, but hardly anyone voted for it. The two best days from the first poll were Tuesday and Thursday.

JohnD
May 18th, 2014, 18:53
Companions of Toreg in the Game Calendar.

JohnD
May 26th, 2014, 02:22
Added myself to the campaign page.