PDA

View Full Version : Sharing an Ultimate edition ?

Waterplouf
March 27th, 2014, 18:43
Hello everybody,
We are actually thinking about purchasing the ultimate edition with a bunch of friends, however we do have a concern about being able to "share it" between us. The way we understood how the ultimate edition works is that it allows to GM for people who haven't bought anything. Now the thing is that we all want to GM at some point so we're not sure if this is possible with it ? Since it's a single key, can we put it on several computer to be able to change the one hosting/GMing ?

I hope it's the correct board to ask the question and my apologize if it isn't.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2014, 18:48
Hello and welcome to the FG forums! :)

The ultimate edition cannot be shared among users - it is a single user license.

If you have a few people who want to GM, each should get a full license. Anyone who will just play should get a lite license (they can upgrade this to full if they decide to GM at a later date).

JohnD
March 27th, 2014, 18:49
In this case you are better off getting a bundle of a few Full licenses and the balance of Lite licences. You will get a discount on the overall purchase price.

Someone with the Lite who wants to DM can then upgrade to a Full license.

Technically your T&C don't allow sharing of the Ultimate license in the way you want.

Waterplouf
March 27th, 2014, 18:54
Alright then, thanks for the answers !
We're definitely going to purchase separate edition then.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2014, 19:12
In this case you are better off getting a bundle of a few Full licenses and the balance of Lite licences. You will get a discount on the overall purchase price.

Bundle discounts are no longer available.

JohnD
March 27th, 2014, 19:20
oops my bad.