PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Rathnor D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms

jasonisop
March 25th, 2014, 20:32
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite
Game System: D&D 3.5

Time Zone: EST, GMT-5
Day of week and time: Sat 9pm. I have 2 younger children that should be sleeping at this time, but sometimes they wake up so I may have to get up to but them back to bed.
Planned Frequency: every Sat.
Term: Long term keep playing for a while

Text or Voice: Voice preferred, Text for location descriptions and some NPC interactions.
Voice software used: Mumble

Mumble is free and open source and very light on resources.
https://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Mumble ip: rathnor.no-ip.org
FG Alias : brawny cave dashing ally
FG IP: rathnor.no-ip.org Just incase Alias fails.

Role play & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: need 4-8
Character starting level & equipment: 1st
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes + Forgotten Realms races/classes. Later on there will be options for other races/classes or prestige classes

Please no rules lawyers! I will try my best to get rulings right, but I am human I will make mistakes. It has been a few years since I have ran a game in person or with FG so the start might be a little slow on my end as I work out the new features of FG.
I have DM'd in the past for 3-4years and played for 5 mostly D&D3.0/3.5 and some AD&D.

If you have issues with a ruling contact me after the game or before the next one and we can talk about it.

The game is a mix of RP and good old hack'n'slash.

Details of your scenario:

Players will start from the area of Ravens Bluff, and will travel at some point to the strange land of Rathnor (home brew setting that ties into the realms) and to many of the known and unknown planes of existence.

Adventures will consist of store bought that are altered to fit the setting/campaign and home brew. Characters are free to travel as they wish as no single adventure is forced, but there is one overall campaign that will tie the adventures together.

First level can have max HP and max starting money. I may also provide some extra starting gear as needed.

You do not need a massive back story, but anything at all will help me out in shaping the world for you.

Their may be times when your characters run into encounters that you have ZERO chance of winning in combat, you will have to figure other ways to solve it. Example, you may learn of a dragon's hoard in some cave. That dragon may be far far above a level you could fight and live so you may need to sneak in while the dragon is away or come back later when you can fight it.

Character creation is via a 30 point buy before race modifiers, no ability score can be above an 18 after race modifiers. Min Maxing

You should create a backup character as well, as you may die if you do something stupid.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1164

jasonisop
March 31st, 2014, 17:41
Any one?

Ksathra
March 31st, 2014, 22:01
I'd like to play. I'm kinda waiting to see if I'll go back to working weekends though. So its a maybe I'm available. I'll post again on Wednesday.

Also Whats Core Races and Classes? is that PHB only? or PHB+DMG? or PHB+Races+Complete books? Or only the hard cover brown books?

d1wright
March 31st, 2014, 22:03
Weekend time slots are sometimes tough to fill. I don't see anything else that might prevent folks from joining. You could try to shop it during the week if that's possible. 9PM weeknights seem to work.

Not sure whether 3.5 vs Pathfinder is an issue as a lot of folks that liked 3.5 migrated to Pathfinder.

Minor issue might be Mumble vs Teamspeak. Fantasy Grounds hosts a free Teamspeak server and a lot of folks already have that installed and it's nice system that you can individually adjust the volume of each speaker. Some might not want to install another software package for Mumble.

jasonisop
April 1st, 2014, 02:18
For races and classes just the PHB/DMG + Forgotten Realms Setting for now there will be options later on such as classes from sword and fist, Defenders of the Faith, Underdark ect..

As for mumble its has smaller footprint, better latency, better sound quality than the others such as teamspeak and is also open source. I am willing to use teamspeak if thats what everyone wants, but I would prefer mumble over it.

Ksathra
April 1st, 2014, 15:48
Is this Sunday or Saturday. It says Saturday here but your Calendar has it Sunday May 4th? wait May?

jasonisop
April 1st, 2014, 16:33
No that was a mistake mixed the month and day on the calender. It should be April 5th that could be why no one was jumping on here.

JohnD
April 2nd, 2014, 13:33
These aren't the droids you're looking for... move along.

jasonisop
April 2nd, 2014, 14:58
For any one that wants FG should be up and running if you want to make characters. I will try and leave it running 24/7.

Ksathra
April 2nd, 2014, 16:22
Looks like I'm going back to work on Saturdays starting at 8pm So I wont be able to join this game after all.

jasonisop
April 2nd, 2014, 17:15
No problems. Once I get back into the hang of running games I might start a mid-week one.

xazil
April 5th, 2014, 22:13
I'm Interested in joining, have applied on the calendar. Hopefully I have the time zones worked out correctly :)