PDA

View Full Version : question about number of player\master connecte at some time

loki_x
March 23rd, 2014, 19:08
sorry for my terrible english.
we are 2 master\player and 6-7 only player.
total of connection are 8-9 for every game.

if the 2 master buy the 39$ version and the other player 6-7 player buy the Lite License (Player Only).
can we play alltogether ? (<----7-8 player connected with the GM at some time)
or all player must buy the 39$ version for play alltogether.

i ask this because i have read this two sentence in unlimited version:
Host an unlimited number of unregistered players (limited only by your connection speeds)
Host games for registered and unregistered players together.

thx for the answer

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2014, 19:26
If each GM has a full license and each player has a lite license then everyone will be able to play - the people with a GM (Full) license can GM or play, the people with a lite license can only play.

What you have in your post above is correct.

loki_x
March 23rd, 2014, 21:00
thx i need only this information

but what is it the Ultimate License 149$, if 8-9 player (number of player more high then normal party) can play toghter with 8-9 full license ?

ANOTHER question
39$ if one time price or we must pay avery mounth or year )

Nickademus
March 23rd, 2014, 21:29
The ultimate is good for all players with no license to play. If you run games for many people, not just the 8-9, then ultimate is best.

All licenses are one-time price.

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2014, 23:12
thx i need only this information

but what is it the Ultimate License 149$, if 8-9 player (number of player more high then normal party) can play toghter with 8-9 full license ?

ANOTHER question
39$ if one time price or we must pay avery mounth or year )
As Nickademus says you can use an ultimate license to run games for anyone - whether they have a license or not. But, be careful, as this is a single GM license - so is good for a GM who will be running games for a lot of different people, but not for a group with more than 1 GM.

As you have 2 GMs in your group it is still best to get 2 x full licenses and 7 x lite licenses (if you have 7 players). This will work out less money than 2 x ultimate licenses and if one of the players wants to GM later they can upgrade their lite license to a full license.

There is no player connection limit on the full license - it can host as many players as the ultimate can, it just cannot take unlicensed players.

Mgrancey
March 24th, 2014, 06:11
Also as a warning due to the setup of how ultimate works with unlicensed versions, unless you have a very fast download AND upload internet speed, your connection rate will suffer with as more people are added in.

Blacky
March 24th, 2014, 09:12
Also as a warning due to the setup of how ultimate works with unlicensed versions, unless you have a very fast download AND upload internet speed, your connection rate will suffer with as more people are added in.
I'm curious as to why is that (what's the difference here between Ultimate & Full)?

damned
March 24th, 2014, 12:22
your connection speed should suffer exactly the same whether you are running full w/ lites or ultimate /w free licenses....
what you do also need to know with the ultimate is that the players need access to internet to validate the gm's license (or some other voodoo techno-magic) before they can connect.
no internet (playing on LAN maybe) or fantasygrounds.com website is down then free licenses wont get connected.

Griogre
March 24th, 2014, 20:43
To elaborate a bit more on what damned said, the Ultimate license needs the FG validation server to be up to work. With full licenses if the FG server is down, alias' won't work - but you will still be able to connect using the server's external IP address.

loki_x
March 25th, 2014, 00:26
if the GM have full license (39$) and other player have lite license (24$) , we can play in lan or if the fantasyground server is offline ?
in this case nobody have the ultimate license

JohnD
March 25th, 2014, 02:15
Yes correct.

loki_x
March 25th, 2014, 22:26
thx i not need any other answer. :)