PDA

View Full Version : Error Downloading Update, Cannot Play!

GregorEisenhorn
March 23rd, 2014, 17:46
I recently purchased the pro version of this fine product(I've used the free version before and I'm in love with it), so I could run my own game. It says I have an update available, and when I click it, the updater opens and the process begins, but invariably, I get this message, "HandleFile: Unable to save file, (rulesets/3.5E.pak)". Nothing I've done or changed has fixed this in anyway, and I've found no solutions on my own recognizance. Please help, I'd love to get started building my campaign and getting my $40 worth.

GregorEisenhorn
March 23rd, 2014, 17:56
Never mind, I seemed to have fixed my own issue, it was a conflict between where I was storing the files and Windows 7. Everything is working fine now!

damned
March 24th, 2014, 05:03
Hey Gregor Eisenhorn - welcome aboard.
There are various reasons why people like to change teh default installation paths of applications but as operating systems strive for better security it can cause unexpected behaviours. Win 7 and 8 permissions are a lot tighter than earlier OS's and changing the default paths sometimes requires you to change file system security/permissions manually.
regards
Damian

Blacky
March 24th, 2014, 09:15
I'm under Win7 (with UAC), and had no problem with FG program in D:\FG and FG data in R:\FG Data (Windows & Program Files are under C: in the usual directories). So it's not absolute.