PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

levinth
March 23rd, 2014, 13:28
FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: GMT+0
Day of week and time: Generally week nights with the possibility of longer sessions at weekends, will depend on players availability
Planned start date: April/ May 2014
Planned Frequency: Generally weekly, with some breaks (I知 a student nurse and have to work odd hours on placements every few months)
Term: Long term, full campaign.

Text or Voice: TEXT ONLY although I知 willing to be flexible with new players who need help etc.
Voice software used: N/A atm

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50 roleplay/50 combat
Number of Players in game & needed: looking for four players currently
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: core races and classes encouraged, but flexibility is available if you have an interesting character concept using a different combination

Details of your scenario: Dotted with the monolithic relics of an empire long since crumbled, Varisia is a rough but majestic land, its misty forests and rolling plains bordered by sharp peaks and bountiful seas. Its people, recently released from colonialism, are hardy frontier folk and new money nobles, all eager to carve names for themselves from Varisia痴 stern landscape. Yet beyond their village borders, beasts and giants unused to civilization痴 encroachment stalk the hills and woods, making short work of both the unwary and the bold.

I知 currently looking for four players who would like to experience the first chapter of Rise of the Runelords with a view to continuing the whole saga. I壇 like people who could commit long term, but I know life gets in the way of things, so I知 happy to be flexible about characters dropping in and out to a degree. As long as you keep me informed of what痴 going on, I値l try and be as accommodating as possible for you.
I知 currently setting up a campaign on Obsidian Portal to manage the game with and whilst I don稚 expect you to track your characters with it (as FG can do that for you) I think it would be nice to have a space for players to continue roleplaying between games and to create a story/ blog of the adventures they have.
I am not a massively experienced GM, but I知 creative and enjoy rewarding my players ingenuity and roleplaying skills. I generally have quite a relaxed style in my games and see Pathfinder games as being about puzzle solving, using combat, roleplaying and skills and abilities in combination to achieve a goal.
At the moment I知 just looking for people interested, as I知 still working on getting things ready with a view to starting at the end of April/ early May.
New players as well as experienced ones are welcome.
If this sounds interesting to you, please post bellow or PM me, so I can give you more details.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1163

ColinBuckler
March 23rd, 2014, 14:20
Hi,

I am definitely interested in playing and can play most nights/weekends.

Regarding character - I'd be interested in playing something sneaky if possible.

I'll PM you with a concept.

Wintermute
March 23rd, 2014, 15:22
I'm interested and only night cant play is wed.

levinth
March 23rd, 2014, 15:32
Sounds good. :) Any ideas for a character?

Dr_Babylon
March 23rd, 2014, 17:06
Oh what a promising proposal! I would gladly devote myself but there's no way our schedules would line up.

I wish you all the very best in this endeavor.

Nickademus
March 23rd, 2014, 18:37
I enjoyed your last text-only game that I played in. Would most likely enjoy this as well. If you have room, I'll join depending on the day.

sir fuzzbotham
March 23rd, 2014, 19:09
I would love to play. Full disclosure: this would be my first game on Fantasy Grounds. I have a weeknight available and Sundays as well.

Andrepartthree
March 23rd, 2014, 19:46
Damn it ! :( ... LOVE the part about players having a forum board on to RP on in between FG game sessions , a GM who encourages this sort of thing is a god-send as far as I'm concerned :) ... But don't live in the UK so I'm guessing there's like a 12 hour time difference between the UK and "rebellious yankees" such as myself in the US :P ... best of luck with this :) ..

JerryRig
March 23rd, 2014, 19:49
I think this would be a good fit for me. Most days are open for me as well. I'm Central time zone in U.S.

levinth
March 23rd, 2014, 22:46
Wow! A lot of responses so quickly! I'll try to reply to them all...

@Dr_Babylon: That's a shame. It would have been nice to have you on board. :( Many thanks for the good wishes though, this is the biggest "project" i've taken on as a GM so far!

@Nickademus: Would be great to play with you again! Would definitely be good to have someone wielding an iron pot for the team :p What days can you do?

@sir fuzzbotham: No worries. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? Which weeknight are you free to play?

@Andrepartthree: I think there's only 5 hours or so difference with the Eastern side of the US? I may be wrong there... If you think you could manage the timings, let me know!

@JerryRig: Sounds good to me, do you have any idea what kind of character you'd like to play? No worries if you haven't yet.

It looks like there's a lot of interest in this and I'm only really looking for four players (I don't think a text chat game can feasibly handle many more players), so I'll go with a combination of who signed up first and who keeps in touch about times/ character creation etc. Please don't be intimidated by that, it's just if I don't hear back from people within a week or so, i'll assume you're not interested any more! Also feel free to PM days and times you're free and any character ideas you may have.

Skellan
March 24th, 2014, 05:22
Oh noes, I missed this post. You look full now but if you do get space I would be interested

Nickademus
March 24th, 2014, 05:50
@Nickademus: Would be great to play with you again! Would definitely be good to have someone wielding an iron pot for the team :p What days can you do?

Please don't make any special accommodations just for me. Given the time difference, I could only play on my days off which are Monday and Tuesday.

@Andrepartthree: I think there's only 5 hours or so difference with the Eastern side of the US? I may be wrong there...

You are correct. But I think Daylight Savings might alter that an hour. Maybe.

levinth
March 24th, 2014, 07:32
Skellan if a space pops up you are very welcome. :) I imagine it might as people do drop out of these things - I'll probably keep some sort of vague waiting list anyway.

Nickademus, I take it you wouldn't be free at weekends too then? Yeah, we're due onto BST in a week, not sure which way that changes things, I think it move us apart again.

Nickademus
March 24th, 2014, 07:52
I work during the day (your evening) on the weekend. It's the busiest part of the week for me. It would really depend on when the game started in my time zone.

levinth
March 24th, 2014, 10:29
Fair enough. I was hoping to be able to do weekend sessions occasionally that would be a bit longer... Sorry. :(

Callum
March 24th, 2014, 10:54
I'm 15 sessions in to running Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition using FG, levinth, so if you'd like to chat about it, or share resources, then feel free to get in touch.

levinth
March 24th, 2014, 12:33
Thanks! I'll send you a PM.

JerryRig
March 24th, 2014, 14:55
@JerryRig: Sounds good to me, do you have any idea what kind of character you'd like to play? No worries if you haven't yet.

Looking at a Dwarven Forgemaster Cleric 1 / Monk / ... (attached is the character so far)

levinth
March 24th, 2014, 16:05
Looks interesting! I'll send you a PM.

Wintermute
March 24th, 2014, 18:26
Fighter or Sorcerer more thanlikely. Going to take a look at the players guide and make the final decision.

Nickademus
March 24th, 2014, 22:06
Fair enough. I was hoping to be able to do weekend sessions occasionally that would be a bit longer... Sorry. :(

What day, what time? I might be able to attend if the time zone difference is enough of a change.

SheerANONYMOUS
March 25th, 2014, 03:19
This sounds like it could be interesting, but for me it would depend heavily on day and time. Being in the US, a five hour time difference is difficult to deal with when I have an already somewhat full weekday schedule.

levinth
March 25th, 2014, 07:13
Nickademus, I was thinking either Saturday or Sunday probably from lunch until 5/6ish (so all afternoon really) maybe once or twice a month just so we can get through more material. You probably remember how hopeless I get when I'm tired late in the evening :p

Sheer Anonymous, I'm afraid we're probably full now... If an opening comes up then I'll let you know, but thanks for posting anyway.

Also, I won't be adding people to the game calendar until they have discussed and agreed their characters with me (I don't need a fully blown character sheet just yet, but if you have one that's great) as I want to make sure you will fit nicely together as a party and within the setting. :) I'm going to work on the obsidian portal site this morning and hopefully have it ready to go for those who have discussed a character with me today or tomorrow.

Callum
March 25th, 2014, 10:45
I've posted a module with my Burnt Offerings NPCs in over here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18731-RotRL-conversion-for-FGII&p=171469&viewfull=1#post171469).

ColinBuckler
March 25th, 2014, 20:32
Please find Elunir (Rogue) attached.

ColinBuckler
March 26th, 2014, 14:09
Tweak for equipment.

levinth
March 31st, 2014, 07:50
One player has had to drop out, so I'm looking for one more person. Does anyone else want to join? We are planning on starting this weekend on Saturday. See original post for details.

JerryRig
March 31st, 2014, 20:23
My Character will only be having 1 Level as a healer and the rest will be combat type. The healer class is primarily there to boost his Monk side. He can spot heal initially but once we get over level 2 ...he wont be able to sustain healing needs.

That said ...either we need a healing capable character or we need to make plans to heal potion and wand whip ourselves to health.

ColinBuckler
March 31st, 2014, 23:41
"wand whip ourselves" that sounds so...naughty....!

JerryRig
April 1st, 2014, 03:21
LoL. I volunteered to tie in my character with Skellan's and have been developing his background of how he got to where he is with his skills, traits and feats. Waiting to hear from Skellan to see if he still wants to tie in with me with the change of characters or if I should finish things up on my own.

JerryRig
April 1st, 2014, 03:22
LoL. I volunteered to tie in my character with Skellan's and have been developing his background of how he got to where he is with his skills, traits and feats. Waiting to hear from Skellan to see if he still wants to tie in with me with the change of characters or if I should finish things up on my own.

darrenan
April 5th, 2014, 21:35
I put a human bard on the game sign up, did you still need one more?

darrenan
April 5th, 2014, 21:36
And I can play tonight, if you're still starting tonight.

darrenan
April 5th, 2014, 21:42
Woops, just noticed the timezone on this one, nevermind lol.

JerryRig
April 6th, 2014, 00:35
Great gamer last night. A DM that lets the characters get involved in what they get curious about. This is truly a great start to a campaign. I'm enjoying the text based version this time for a good change.

Enjoyed the group as well ...even if some of them need to grow beards.

levinth
April 6th, 2014, 09:26
Yes, sorry Darrenan, I'm afraid we're full. Thanks for the interest though.

Aw thanks JerryRig! I'm really glad you enjoyed it... i'm pretty sure your character did at least! ;)

Andrepartthree
April 6th, 2014, 18:08
I feel awful posting this out here in public :( and will delete it of course if you ask me to levinth ;) ... but tried to send you a reply PM and got an error message saying your mailbox was full :P ... just wanted to give you a heads up ;) ...

levinth
April 6th, 2014, 18:51
Oh sorry, will delete stuff now :)

JerryRig
May 16th, 2014, 19:45
We on for tomorrow?