PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Vídeo

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 21st, 2014, 04:54
I would like to know the most active players via GURPS Fantasy Grounds.
Have you thought about making a video of some adventure to post on youtube?
Or know any tutorial in exemplifying each tool, but focused on GURPS as well as staff makes the D & D?

ronnke
March 22nd, 2014, 11:53
I have thought about it and planned to record sessions, but it has not eventuated yet.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 22nd, 2014, 21:21
Ronnke I am Brazilian and I really like GURPS and quite liked the Fantasy Grounds, but I wanted to learn more about it, it mainly focused on the GURPS.
You're currently doing some adventure or campaign? I would like to join her?

ronnke
March 24th, 2014, 12:38
My gaming group is 8 people, so we wouldn't be able to take more players, but you are certainly welcome to join in and observe a game.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 24th, 2014, 14:25
That is what I would do, just watch the match

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 24th, 2014, 14:31
I was watching a video on youtube. This video showed the Pathfinder. And then I saw the explanation for that player or master could attack a specific target, just rolling his attack upon the token and the same happened when they rolled the damage directly in the token, it already subtract Hit Points directly from the wholesale target. So I was wondering is it possible to do this in GURPS via Fantasy Grounds.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 24th, 2014, 23:01
Leveraging the topic, I wonder how they make use of the button item.
How to put items in them, if using.

seycyrus
March 25th, 2014, 02:26
Yako, can you please rephrase your question in your above post (#6). I am interested in the answer as well, but fear that some might not understand the question.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2014, 03:02
Better?

ronnke
March 25th, 2014, 07:51
I was watching a video on youtube. This video showed the Pathfinder. And then I saw the explanation for that player or master could attack a specific target, just rolling his attack upon the token and the same happened when they rolled the damage directly in the token, it already subtract Hit Points directly from the wholesale target. So I was wondering is it possible to do this in GURPS via Fantasy Grounds.

No, this sort of functionality is not available in the GURPS ruleset, for reasons related to the Steve Jackson Games online policy. Things may change in future, but until they do, the high level automation you have seen in the Pathfinder ruleset can't be implemented in GURPS.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2014, 11:18
Let's say I'm making an adventure of medieval fantasy.
I can use the story to describe the scene, chapters and dialogues, right?
Can I use images to display characters, maps, scenarios, right?
I can use personalities ready to have the monsters and NPCs important, right?
I can use the bag to have a token representation of characters and NPCs in combat tracker, right?
But for what purpose I use items? How to put an object, what is the purpose of it? I guess it's to put a reward, a treasure, but how?
Yes I saw that I can put vehicles on the items but I imagine that this is a single.

seycyrus
March 25th, 2014, 22:40
Items are another thing that are not used in Gurps as much as in other systems I believe. I played around with it a bit, and it doesn't seem to have much functionality. It doesn't go into a players inventory when you drag it onto their portrait. They do get a different message when the GM switches it from non-identified to identified. I'd be interested in how others use this feature in Gurps as well.

saithan
March 26th, 2014, 00:03
they are used if the gm finds need
I use them quite often.
say for instance your players find a magic sword you can write a discription of the sword and in the hidden properties write the magic stats.
when the player examines the sword give him the item. if he has a way to identify or sense magic then the gm checks the show hidden check and that hidden properties will be revealed to the player.

ronnke
March 26th, 2014, 06:36
Let's say I'm making an adventure of medieval fantasy.
I can use the story to describe the scene, chapters and dialogues, right?
Can I use images to display characters, maps, scenarios, right?
I can use personalities ready to have the monsters and NPCs important, right?
I can use the bag to have a token representation of characters and NPCs in combat tracker, right?
But for what purpose I use items? How to put an object, what is the purpose of it? I guess it's to put a reward, a treasure, but how?
Yes I saw that I can put vehicles on the items but I imagine that this is a single.

Short answer, yes to all those questions, the GURPS ruleset supports all that and more.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 26th, 2014, 18:04
Thank you. I understand how that can be used the items I believe. I'll try to produce a video or use screen shots to see if I'm doing the right way.
The text will be in Portuguese.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 27th, 2014, 19:07

I did right?
Yes the text is in Portuguese.
The first image is a screenshot of the GM and the second is a screenshot of the player.
And I'm having trouble displaying images for the connected player how do I solve this?

Griogre
March 27th, 2014, 22:00
To share an image:

1) Right click on the image

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Step1_zpsb5749731.png

2) then use the radial menu to go to sharing

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Step2_zps1005ca7d.png

3) then use the radial menu to select share sheet

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Step3_zps40f4fffc.png

You can either just right click on each "button" or just right drag through the radial menus which is much faster once you are use to them.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 27th, 2014, 22:47
But this is what I did to share the image with the single player test

Trenloe
March 27th, 2014, 23:07
But this is what I did to share the image with the single player test
Are you running any extensions? It looks like the player side is using a different windowclass to the GM side as there is not the image icon nor the X to close.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 28th, 2014, 03:34
Gurps_4eTableRolls and GURPS_4E Languages.
But the strange is the image was loading before.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2014, 03:47
But the strange is the image was loading before.
Try clearing the player cache.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 28th, 2014, 12:39
Thank you!
Clear the cache solved the problem.
Although the images are different, the text is basically the same, but now under the vision of the sorcerer.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 5th, 2014, 12:34
Has some GURPS campaign I can join or even watch?

ronnke
April 10th, 2014, 17:53
Sure. You are welcome to join and watch one of mine.