PDA

View Full Version : Targeting - What am I doing wrong

Carthar
March 21st, 2014, 02:39
I'm using the Pathfinder Rule set.

I am the GM/full license.

I click on the monster token, then ctrl-click on the PC token. (it is not the PC portrait)

A white line and arrow appear. Pointing from the monster to the PC.

I double click on the monster attack and it rolls the attack, but it does not check to see if it hits the PC. Rolling damage does not apply to the PC.

I've tried dropping the to hit dice onto the map with no results.

Dropping into chat window rolls the dice but no to hit check.

The only way I can get a to hit check is if I drop the dice on the PC token in the combat tracker. However I can't multi-target in this way, as it only rolls against the PC I drop the dice on, no matter who is targeted.

What am I doing wrong?

Carth

Trenloe
March 21st, 2014, 02:59
How did you put the monster token you initially click on the map? Did you drag it from the Combat Tracker? This is necessary to provide the link between the NPC record in the combat tracker and the token.

Then, after you have done the targeting (which you are obviously doing correctly as you get the white arrow), are you rolling on the same NPC entry in the combat tracker that was used to create the token on the map? Are you rolling the attack from the NPC sheet or the attack entry in the combat tracker (click on the sword icon to see the combat entry)?

Carthar
March 22nd, 2014, 01:18
I'm creating an encounter with monsters from the PF library module. Giving the monsters tokens, then placing the tokens from the encounter on the combat map. Then pinning the encounter to the map.

I then use the encounter to "add encounter to combat tracker". Then I hit "Show all NPCs".

I then roll from the attack entry in the combat tracker.

JohnD
March 22nd, 2014, 05:45
How are you putting your PC's tokens on the map? They need to be dragged from the CT for the linking to work IIRC.

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2014, 07:21
I'm creating an encounter with monsters from the PF library module. Giving the monsters tokens, then placing the tokens from the encounter on the combat map. Then pinning the encounter to the map.

I then use the encounter to "add encounter to combat tracker". Then I hit "Show all NPCs".

I then roll from the attack entry in the combat tracker.
Sounds like you're doing everything right.

What version of the ruleset is reported in the chat window when you first load the campaign?

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2014, 07:23
See a very similar issue and the possible fix here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20448-3-5E-PFRPG-Targeting-doesn-t-take-effect&p=169811&viewfull=1#post169811

damned
March 22nd, 2014, 08:35
And check the Wiki on Encounter setup :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Encounters
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/images/3/33/CnC_encounter_prep.jpg

Carthar
March 23rd, 2014, 00:56
The only thing I was doing differently than the above info-graphic, is I was adding the monsters directly from the library to the encounter tab.

I did the delete everything, from the map and the CT tracker and then used an encounter in which the NPCs were pulled from the NPC list (not a library) and it seemed to work.

Thanks guys.

Carth