PDA

View Full Version : UK player looking for a game - Ideally Savage Worlds / d20/ Pathfinder / WFRP

ColinBuckler
March 19th, 2014, 21:34
Hi,

I am an experienced UK player/GM looking for a game in the evening (GMT+0 at 19:00 onwards).

Ideally I would like to play Savage Worlds, which I have read but not yet played it. Alternatively, I would be interested in any d20, pathfinder or WFRP 1st or 2nd edition - maybe other systems such as traveller, 1st/2nd edition D&D...etc

I do not mind joining an existing game/campaign picking up an existing character or creating a new character under the guidance of the GM.

Whilst I have purchased the GM version of Fantasy Grounds, I have yet to play my first game with it. Subject to my experience with the game, I may be interested in upgrading to Ultimate and running future games.

I believe in choosing characters career advancements/levels based upon characters experience in the game and not the best option calculative option to min/max the character. Games should to be fun to play, otherwise why play the game.

Skellan
March 19th, 2014, 21:51
Hi Colin

Would you consider wfrp 3?

I notice you live near me, and playtimes are similar so I am sure our paths wll cross :)

ColinBuckler
March 20th, 2014, 20:05
I have played WFRP1 and 2 in the past - was not sure about WFRP 3 as it looked a bit too boardgamey. Though saying that - I would be happy to try the system.

damned
March 21st, 2014, 01:54
Welcome aboard Colin.

borusa32
March 30th, 2014, 19:46
The Eurogames group is mainly UK based .
At present we are running the following games:

Fridays: The One Ring: 8pm
Saturdays: Gurps:Prime Directive( RPG set in Star Fleet Universe)
Sundays: Night's Black Agents;Gumshoe

We have previously run the following systems:

Call of Cthulhu:Dark Ages Vikings
Traveller
Babylon 5-Mongoose and Fate
Savage Worlds: Deadlands,Slipstream and home grown campaigns
Dr Who:Adventures in Time and Space

Any of this take your fancy?

ColinBuckler
March 31st, 2014, 23:38
That is a very kind offer - I would be interested in playing Gurps:Prime Directive, but I currently have a game already on Saturday.

borusa32
April 5th, 2014, 20:04
OK-I am hoping to run a Gurps PD:Klingon scenario at the forthcoming FG Convention in May.

Trenloe
April 6th, 2014, 03:09
OK-I am hoping to run a Gurps PD:Klingon scenario at the forthcoming FG Convention in May.
That would be great! GM event registration for FG Con IV is now open: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20777-FG-Con-IV-GM-event-registration-open! Less than 5 weeks to go... :)