PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spells Issue in PFRPG v3.0.3

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2014, 01:04
When creating an NPC spell attack on the 'Spells' tab.. it is not including the BAB in the attack roll. It seems to include the DEX or STR bonuses properly.. but the BAB and CMB are being left out.

Nickademus
March 18th, 2014, 01:25
Any extensions?

Just checked, it's adding the BAB for me. CMB too.

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2014, 01:36
No Extensions.
STR: 13 DEX: 16 ...
Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 20
When I roll a 'melee', 'M Touch', or 'CMB' spell attack it gives a +1
When I roll a 'ranged' or 'R Touch' spell attack it gives a +3
I checked it after a friend reported the error to me and got the same results he did.

Nickademus
March 18th, 2014, 01:46
Just made a fresh PF campaign with no extensions. Put in the stats you list and made a spell with two cast actions. The first was 'Melee'; the second was 'CMB'.

The rolls both had a +5, which is what you should be getting. Any other details about the character or campaign?

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2014, 01:52
That's odd because when I start a brand new PF campaign and create an NPC then paste :
into the BAB/CMB line and drop 13 and 16 into str and dex.. then go make a spell...
it comes up with +1 for melee

Nickademus
March 18th, 2014, 01:54
Send me the new campaign you made. Also, try completely closing out FG and starting it again.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2014, 05:48
No Extensions.
STR: 13 DEX: 16 ...
When I roll a 'melee', 'M Touch', or 'CMB' spell attack it gives a +1
When I roll a 'ranged' or 'R Touch' spell attack it gives a +3
I checked it after a friend reported the error to me and got the same results he did.
Yeah, I'm seeing this too. It works for PCs but not for NPCs.

NPCs generally have BAB included in their normal attack entries (melee and ranged). As such, I'm guessing that BAB is not extracted from the NPC BAB;CMB;CMD entry and added to the spell attack rolls. In fact looking at the NPC code, BAB is not even parsed out of the NPC entry when it is dragged to the combat tracker.

Whereas for PCs attacks are made up of BAB & Stat and so take BAB into account.

Nickademus
March 18th, 2014, 06:31
Now that I think about it, I had my testing campaign open so I was using the characters I had in front of me. Was using PCs for the testing; had NPCs open in the main campaign I was working on. Wires got crossed and I thought I was working with NPCs.

Is this an issue or is it easy enough to just add BAB to the spell attack in the modifier field?

Nickademus
March 22nd, 2014, 03:07
Any thoughts on this? I could probably add the BAB and CMB to the NPC cast (attack) action in my effect extension if people want it.

Moon Wizard
March 22nd, 2014, 03:57
Identified issue. Will be patched in v3.0.4.

Cheers,
JPG