PDA

View Full Version : Graphically challenged

Bidmaron
March 17th, 2014, 20:57
Blacky or anyone else with graphics talent:

I am looking for a png transparent background icon that represents going back to the source of something (e.g. if you used a feat in your character sheet, you could hit this button to call up that library item [if it is open]). Ultimately, I'll need to weld this icon onto a radial menu 'coin.'

I have (very) rudimentary graphics skills, but I could make an icon. My problem is I can't figure out something that evokes going back to the source. Any ideas?

Nickademus
March 17th, 2014, 21:46
Here you go.

Bidmaron
March 17th, 2014, 22:00
You da man, Nickademus!
Does that run the risk of being mistaken for undo, however?

Nickademus
March 17th, 2014, 23:47
Maybe. Undo tends to be context-specific to text fields. Otherwise I would view it as a 'back' button similar to a web browser, which is more of the meaning you are looking for. So it depends on where you put it.

Bidmaron
March 18th, 2014, 01:37
Well I'm thinking of putting it in the window lists and the element (feat, ability, spell, etc) window radial menu so if you wanted, you could open a window with the information from the location where the data originally came from (assuming the library module is open).

Bidmaron
March 18th, 2014, 01:38
Maybe the cleanest thing is to make a radial button that simply says "Source" on it?

Nickademus
March 18th, 2014, 01:53
Sure.

Bidmaron
March 18th, 2014, 02:58
Thanks, Nickademus!