PDA

View Full Version : Community Content (Rulesets, Extensions, Modules, Tools)

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2014, 00:07
If you are interested in content developed by the FG community, please check out the wiki.

Link to FG Wiki (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644285/Developer+Guide)

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 15th, 2014, 03:04
Could you please add the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset to this?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20055-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-FG-3-0

Thanks.

Milke
August 6th, 2016, 02:30
If I created something, a module, what is the best way to get it to people? Upload it to onedrive and put up a link, or what.

Andraax
August 6th, 2016, 02:48
If I created something, a module, what is the best way to get it to people? Upload it to onedrive and put up a link, or what.

I could host it on one of my websites for you, if it's not a copyright violation...

Trenloe
August 6th, 2016, 02:51
Best way, as long as there is no copyright violation, is to create a new thread describing the module and attach the file to post #1 in that new thread.

damned
August 6th, 2016, 02:51
If its under 9mb you can upload it directly to the forums.
Find teh most appropriate spot - it might be an existing thread or a new thread - in that systems sub-forum and load it up.

EDIT: No surprise to be ninja'd by Trenloe :)

Trenloe
August 6th, 2016, 02:54
EDIT: No surprise to be ninja'd by Trenloe :)
GenCon Ninja!

Zacchaeus
August 6th, 2016, 03:17
GenCon Ninja!
Yeah, he woke up just long enough to make that post ;)

Milke
August 6th, 2016, 03:48
Ha. Cool. Thanks, guys. I don't think it's any violation. I made the map myself with dungeon painter. The creatures in it are all made with the open game stuff, and I put a copy of the OGL, and cited any books I may have used. Think it's all covered.
I thought it'd be cool to make some stuff like some people do and sell it for $1.95 or whatever, but I think this time I'd rather just upload it and see if people get use out of it. Be neat to hear if anyone ran it and enjoyed it.

Elnab
July 14th, 2018, 08:28
As a noob GM I've noticed that I can buy the starter adventure for D&D. Great.:)But ………. I'm playing Pathfinder. Does anyone knows if there's a release data for the Pathfinder Beginner Box in FG? I've bought the printed version. But it would save me a lot of time if I could buy it as an adventure in FG.

Bidmaron
July 14th, 2018, 16:32
welcome to the forum, Elnab.
Sadly, I've heard no discussion of the boxed set. Before the announcement of Pathfinder 2, SW planned to release all Paizo content eventually. That is probably still the plan, but I doubt things will happen as quickly with the probability that sales will diminish once PF2 comes out (the beta ruleset is released very soon). SW is very close-lipped about release dates in general for content because the work is done by volunteers and folks who have day jobs. Production schedules are generally not very reliable as a result, and some projects never even get completed.

Elnab
July 14th, 2018, 19:06
welcome to the forum, Elnab.
Sadly, I've heard no discussion of the boxed set. Before the announcement of Pathfinder 2, SW planned to release all Paizo content eventually. That is probably still the plan, but I doubt things will happen as quickly with the probability that sales will diminish once PF2 comes out (the beta ruleset is released very soon). SW is very close-lipped about release dates in general for content because the work is done by volunteers and folks who have day jobs. Production schedules are generally not very reliable as a result, and some projects never even get completed.

Thank you Bidmaron. Is it legal to ask if anyone has tranformed the beginner box in a campaign? And if so is it legal to ask if I can use that campaign?

Trenloe
July 14th, 2018, 19:49
Is it legal to ask if anyone has tranformed the beginner box in a campaign? And if so is it legal to ask if I can use that campaign?
Although some of the data could be shared as it is covered by the OGL - mostly game stats (NPC stats, items, spells, etc.). Whereas things like artwork and maps, story entries, etc. can’t be shared as these are protects by copyright.

Bidmaron
July 14th, 2018, 21:02
You need to look at the community use policy in their website. I am no expert on the subject but it provides rules for limited use of copyright material under very narrow circumstances.

Trenloe
July 14th, 2018, 21:14
You need to look at the community use policy in their website. I am no expert on the subject but it provides rules for limited use of copyright material under very narrow circumstances.
The "copyright material" it allows you to use is basically limited to the artwork in the community use packages, info in Paizo website blogs and narrow use of Pathfinder names (people, places, deities, etc.).

It really doesn't give you anything more useful for actual gaming than the OGL and doesn't help in this particular instance.

Bidmaron
July 14th, 2018, 21:59
Thank you, Trenloe for clarifying.

Andraax
November 25th, 2018, 02:55
Please update the Moon Tracker extension to refer to this post. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46672-Andraax-Moon-Tracker-Extension&p=415433#post415433)

damianbain
August 13th, 2019, 05:43
Hey everybody
I just had a quick question. Does anybody know if there is a module for the Mistwalker class that Cody Lewis created? Thanks

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 14:49
Hey everybody
I just had a quick question. Does anybody know if there is a module for the Mistwalker class that Cody Lewis created? Thanks
It’s much better posting these types of questions in the ruleset specific sub-forum. Posting here doesn’t give us much of an idea of which ruleset your referring to as this is a forum for generic community content.

The ruleset specific sub-forum usually has a sticky thread at the top that details community content specific to that ruleset.

GregRex
March 21st, 2021, 02:27
Any chance of getting the link in the OP with updated systems? There are now rulesets on the store that aren't even listed.

crleonhard
February 24th, 2022, 06:09
Is there a guide anywhere to converting FGC extensions to Unity?

damned
February 24th, 2022, 14:18
Is there a guide anywhere to converting FGC extensions to Unity?

Guide in what way?

crleonhard
February 24th, 2022, 21:09
Well, in loading a couple of MoreCore extensions I'd originally built in FGC into FGU, I'm finding a few glitches -- record types no longer displaying, sidebar button loadouts no longer defaulting correctly, etc -- and I didn't know if there was any existing guidance as to the things one typically needs to change to make a Classic module compatible with Unity.

damned
February 24th, 2022, 22:00
Its not so much about FGC vs FGU. At the time of change to FGU about 99% of the code was identical.
Over time code changes in CoreRPG and the Engine.

this is enough info for a new record type:

["mc_investigator"] = {
bExport = true,
aDataMap = { "mc_investigator", "reference.mc_investigator" },
sRecordDisplayClass = "mc_investigator",
},

crleonhard
March 1st, 2022, 21:18
The big thing that I'm struggling with is how to control which buttons are available in the sidebar and associate them with "loadouts" (e.g. "gm", "play", "create pc") now that all the relevant DesktopManager functions have been deprecated.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2022, 22:02
All sidebar buttons are available in the sidebar, and there are no more "loadouts" (as they confused new users). There are categories that can be specified in the record definition to place a new record type in a category other than "Campaign" (default). (i.e. sSidebarCategory = "create", )

Regards,
JPG

crleonhard
March 4th, 2022, 17:03
Thank you, that got me on track. I think I've got a handle on organizing the sidebar buttons now. I'm still having trouble setting a default desktop decal, though. I've got the decal included in a module where I can manually select it through options, but I'd like to have it default automatically when the extension loads. DecalManager.setDefault() seems like the right way to do that, but I suspect I haven't yet found the right place to call it as putting it in the onInit of my overrides lua doesn't seem to be doing anything.