PDA

View Full Version : lvl 1 4E D&D player looking for a game to join!

Jampski
March 14th, 2014, 07:28
Hello there,

Just got fantasy grounds and I'm finding that my group cannot play as much as i would like. Also since I am usually DM I would like to actually play a character. Please let me know if there is any one willing to let me into a campaign.

Sundays Pacific time would be best for me but other times may work. please let me know!

damned
March 14th, 2014, 13:04
welcome aboard Jampski. sometimes it can take a little while to land a game so hang in there and keep an eye on the calendar and other posters.

Trenloe
March 14th, 2014, 15:57
This long thread for War of the Burning Sky posted 2 days ago that they were looking for a player: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17518-4e-war-of-burning-sky

You'll start at level 9 though, so not sure if that is what you're after...

globolindy
March 17th, 2014, 22:55
Hello there,

Just got fantasy grounds and I'm finding that my group cannot play as much as i would like. Also since I am usually DM I would like to actually play a character. Please let me know if there is any one willing to let me into a campaign.

Sundays Pacific time would be best for me but other times may work. please let me know!

Hello, we are a new group to PnP. I am the DM, probaly not a very good one. But everyone is new to D&D, so it seems to work. I have ran only 3 sessions in my short time as DM. We are currently doing "Keep on the Shadowfell" all PC's are currently lvl 1. We will be doing published encounters. Most likely stay with the "Keep" series. There is 4 PC's as of now. My little one plays a wizard. She's too young to fully understand so I play her character for her. We play Saturdays, 6 central and usually play for a 4 hr session. If interested hit me up...but just the FYI we are new players to the PnP but been gamers for a lifetime...play May be a little clunky to a more experienced player, but I'm open to any suggestions for being a better DM

damned
March 17th, 2014, 23:03
welcome gobolindy :)
there is a learning curve and some patience from all involved is always helpful.
thanks for posting - do come back with any questions you have - also check some of the videos for some help if you get stuck.

Andrepartthree
March 18th, 2014, 21:28
[QUOTE=globolindy;170966] She's too young to fully understand so I play her character for her. We play Saturdays, 6 central and usually play for a 4 hr session. If interested hit me up...but just the FYI we are new players to the PnP but been gamers for a lifetime...play May be a little clunky to a more experienced player, but I'm open to any suggestions for being a better DM[/she might QUOTE]

Does anyone else think this is completely adorable or just me? :) In my personal opinion that is absolutely fantastic that you're involving your little one in RPG's ... she might grow up to become an RPG'er who pursues this sort of thing on her own :) .. How old is she if you don't mind me asking? My 12 year old little girl was interested in being a player but alas 1) I no longer have time to GM, primarily due to previously mentioned munchkins and 2) it would be extremely easy for adult players to forget the presence of the little one and engage in ... um, how can I say this? OFF COLOR jokes :P .. leading to the wrath of my wife (who is NOT a fan of RPG's at all) , a fearsome thing as all husbands well know :P ... When my munchkin is an older (read near adult) teenager if she's still interested I'll try her out for an FG game session and see what happens ... that's just my experience though I'm sure globlindy has her group well under control ;)... And globolindy as far as not being a very good DM... I'm sure you're just being too modest ;) but as a DM we all have to start somewhere, I've found the more you do it the better you get, it's a learning experience and a fun one at that as you go along :) .. and agree fully with damned, I found the videos (think they're in the "downloads" section of the forum) to be SUPER helpful when I was new to FG and DM'ing :) ..

And way to hijack the original thread on my part eh? :P Apologies OP .. if you can stay awake through my sleep inducing post here Jampski :P this is stuff I wish someone had told me when I was new to FG :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19579-Advice-for-new-FG-players

globolindy
March 18th, 2014, 23:32
To answer Andrepartthree. She is 6. The group i play with are all real life friends from across the country. All the guys are real good with keeping the game appropriate. We joke around plenty and sometimes a goblin losses his head and such, but nothing offensive or too harsh language. Our groups mood doesn't change much after she goes to bed either, i save all my swearing for work :) play D&D to get away from that. But back to the original post, was just offering jampski a spot in the group. If you want more info Jampski I'd be more than willing to chat about details and such. It is however nice to get some hey how are ya's just the same...thanks for the welcome guys and we'll see ya around I'm sure.