PDA

View Full Version : Rolling attacks for multiple npcs at once on the combat tracker

Grimaxe
March 12th, 2014, 22:37
Is this possible? I found myself wondering about it the other day when id run into a fight with 15 or so monsters (and some future ones with more) if there was a faster way to run their turns since they were all identical, and id chosen their targets already.

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2014, 22:52
There's nothing currently. A feature like that would have to make a lot of assumptions (which attack to use, full vs single attack (due to movement), targets in place).

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
March 12th, 2014, 23:53
If you have GM messages hidden and targeting information withheld (both options) then just make one hidden enemies and use it to target all the PCs. This assumes the 15 enemies are all of the same type such as for peons and mooks. When it is the 'enemies' turn, instead of cycling through all the enemies to attack individual PCs, just roll an attack on the hidden enemy and it will roll vs all the PCs at once. If you have the remove target on multi-select miss (another option) then you can just follow the attack roll up with a damage roll and only the PCs that were hit will take damage.

At least I think this is how it works. I haven't tried since 3.0.x.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2014, 23:57
At least I think this is how it works. I haven't tried since 3.0.x.
It works like that in FG 3.0.3 PFRPG ruleset - haven't tried in any other ruleset.

Grimaxe - what ruleset are you using?

Grimaxe
March 13th, 2014, 01:46
PFRPG, and thanks nick, ill have to go make a mock combat to check that out.

That's a much better way of handling it nick, thanks :)