PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Game (8pm UK Time) - April 2014

Valarian
March 12th, 2014, 15:10
Taking a leaf from the other "What shall I do next?" thread, I'm polling for interest in games to be run from around the end of this month or beginning of next month. My players in the current Sunday game (Night's Black Agents) are coming to the end of the current scenario and I shall be running something else from then. Please vote only if you're interested in the games (and the schedule). I'll be using the results as a poll of interest of the various games.

The games will run on Sunday evenings from 8pm to 11pm UK time. The games are text chat through Fantasy Grounds.

The potential games I've come up with are:
1. Age of Arthur (Fate)
It is an age of desperate heroism, when a brave few battled for freedom against an ever growing invading power. Take up your spear and shield, draw up the power of the old gods, make binding oaths of honour and create your own ballad fighting for a united Britannia, the old ways, for the memory of Rome, when all is crumbling into barbarism about you.

The game is set in Dark Ages Britain, between the withdrawal of the Roman legions and the rise of the Saxons. The setting is evocative of Bernard Cornwell's Arthurian or Warrior's Chronicles books, or the Arthurian tales of M.K. Hume or Paul Bannister.

2. Time Watch (Gumshoe)
You are Licentiates in Ordinary of His Majesty's (King Philip IX) Imperial Society of Time. You are entrusted with policing the temporal affairs of the Spanish Imperium, protecting the Empire from those who may misuse time travel according to the Papal act and the Treaty of Prague. Strict laws govern time travel, which is used mainly for academic research. The Headquarters of the Society is based in Londres (London), but there's also a main office in New Madrid (New York).

3. Stargate SG-23 (Fate Core)
A new Stargate Command team (designated SG-23 : Ess Gee - Two Three) has been established. You'll have some background information as new recruits on the Stargate program and (some) history. The missions will be "world of the week" type of thing, with a larger sub-plot running underneath. Similar to the series themselves. You can decide between yourselves whether the team is Exploration, Research/Scientific, Marine Combat Unit, Survey/Covert Ops, Search and Rescue, Medical.

4. Summerland
It has been 5 years since The Event. The Event brought the Sea of Leaves into our world, an immense forest that choked cities and drowned civilisation overnight. A forest of ancient trees sprang from the ground, covering the world under the Sea of Leaves, destroying most of mankind’s accomplishments. From the trees came the Call, a lure to the weak that decimated the population. Within the first few weeks over 80% of the remaining population succumbed to the Call, a mind-bending compulsion to enter the forest’s deepest portions, there to meet an unknown fate. In the aftermath only pockets of humanity remain, resisting the woods' siren song. In the endless forests lurk the Lost – some whose wills were drowned by the Call – and the Wild, who have forgotten they were ever human. You are one of a select few who can resist the Call. A Drifter, hardened to the lure of the woods by the scars of the past, you cannot let go. Your torment shields you, but drives your isolation. More than anything you crave welcome in a community, but can never be truly accepted without leaving behind your past. To do that, you must confront and defeat the demons that haunt you.

5. A World of Hands and Teeth (Fate Core)
Many years ago, more than a generation, the sickness came to judge humanity. The sickness has turned much of the human race into mindless, cannibalistic, undead. The Infected roam the world beyond the fence-line, seeking to destroy your band of survivors - barricaded inside a village. You live in a town (named Sanctuary, but also Enclave 41 in the old records - or so you've been told) ruled by the Sisterhood and the Guardians. The village is surrounded by fences; beyond lies only forest. However, the fence that protects you, and your fellow villagers, also imprisons you. There are only three ways through the fence: gates that open on paths that are themselves enclosed by fencing, expelling those who've been infected. Where the two paths lead, no one knows, for the Sisterhood says the village is the only human habitation left on Earth. You've grown up with your grandparents telling stories of the old world - of buildings that touched the sky and machines that flew. Sanctuary is all you have known, the Sisterhood discourages questions about the world beyond. The old word has gone, they say, we must make the best of what we have left. Piety staves off the last judgement for those within the village.

borusa32
March 12th, 2014, 22:40
First preference : Summerland

Second: Time Watch

Third: Arthur

Valarian
March 12th, 2014, 23:06
okay. preference noted. The poll options are there so I can see numbers though

MMOaddicted
March 13th, 2014, 07:11
1. Summerland though it's the first time i've heard of it. Downloading the handbook atm. other than that
2 A World of Hands and Teeth (Fate Core) ( never ever played Fate RPGs, though willing to learn) I just might have a char concept ready just from that little tidbit of yours :)
anyways all who read have a pleasant day/evening/afternoon (pick the appropriate)
M

glacius
March 13th, 2014, 20:51
And voted

borusa32
March 14th, 2014, 20:52
I have put my vote in

Valarian
March 21st, 2014, 10:59
Currently, A World of Hands and Teeth is looking like the only viable game (with 4 players). Stargate is a close 2nd with 3 potential players. I may have a choice of one unless people get voting. I'd like to run with between 3 and 6 players.

Valarian
March 24th, 2014, 13:28
Any more interest in the Sunday night game? If so, which would you like to play - select above.