PDA

View Full Version : What should I run next?

Blahness98
March 11th, 2014, 23:48
Since I have been itching to play some pathfinder and there are no real games that appear to be forming, I have been pondering running something. The question is, what should I run? I have been reading several different settings and each sounds interesting. But the time I have is limited. So here's my dilemma, what one should I run. My choices are...

Rappan Athuk: The legendary mega-dungeon by Frog God Games and Necromancer Games is nothing more and nothing less than a good, old–fashioned, First Edition dungeon crawl

The Slumbering Tsar: Over the distant northern hills, beyond The Camp, and past the Desolation stand the pitted walls of Tsar. A hundred armies have crushed themselves against this bulwark in futile attempts to breach the city. Even the combined might of the Heavens and Earth were unable to break through in the final battle of Tsar. So why was the city suddenly abandoned on the verge of victory, and what waits for those foolish enough to enter the Temple-City of Orcus?

Dragonlance: The War of the Lance: The classic tale retold with original characters taking the place of the original characters.

Zeitgiest: The Gears of Reveloution: In the ZEITGEIST™ campaign saga, your characters serve in the Homeland Constabulary of the nation of Risur, protecting the country and its citizens from foreign threats lurking within Risur’s borders. During missions of espionage and assassination, your duty will be to root out hostile spies and pursue international conspiracies. As you learn more of your homeland’s own secrets, however, your loyalties may be tested, may even be turned, and you may find that it is you whose hand controls the gears of the turning age.

All four have their advantages and disadvantages, but all are interesting and would be both fun to run and fun for characters to play in. Any advice would be appreciated..

Dr_Babylon
March 12th, 2014, 02:33
There don't seem to be many opportunities to indulge in federally mandated skulduggery these days so I must say that this Zeitgeist business sounds rather interesting.

lacker
March 12th, 2014, 04:40
I'd play in either of the Frog God games: Rappan or Tsar.

Question is whether you could get enough FG players for any of the games? (From my very brief membership here)

Mgrancey
March 12th, 2014, 14:00
I've been playing Zeitgeist, in 4e and about to hit paragon level, and its been enjoyable though the power level of the creatures can be a bit high. Additionally, it simply tells the PCs when they are supposed to level and gear can be a bit weird though it it nice, consumables are your friend.

That said, the skyseer trait can be very helpful but you will want to be good at improv and if you can have the player come up with ?'s ahead of time as it can slow down play while they figure it out. There has been bit of everything, so naval combat though its a bit weird, plenty of straight up combat, investigation, espionage, skullduggery, and diplomacy and RPing. So enjoyable though as said it can be a bit of overpowering. They also released a players guide with paragon level stuff in it and any important stuff for heroic teir. Personally, we've also done some incredible stuff and I would suggest looking up and keeping the 70 Maxims for Maximally Effective Mercenaries in mind, especially rules 6, 9, 13, 27, 30 and 37.

I'd play in either of the Frog God games: Rappan or Tsar.

Question is whether you could get enough FG players for any of the games? (From my very brief membership here)

Oh, there are always players looking for games, depending on time of game and system it can be a bit up in the air, but there are always more players them GMs.

JerryRig
March 16th, 2014, 03:53
I could get my wife and I to play in either:

Dragonlance: The War of the Lance: (due to it being our own characters and not the classic ones everyone is always forced to play)

Rappan Athuk: Haven't enjoyed a good solid dungeon crawl in a while.

We'll see what wins out. -crosses his fingers-

Andrepartthree
March 18th, 2014, 21:54
At the risk of sounding like a broken record here :P I'm going to give blahness98 another shoutout here :) .. I was a player in his dragonlance campaign and he absolutely rocked as a GM :) ... Very firm solid grasp of the pathfinder rules and... and this is a rarity among GM's... he responded faithfully to my zillion and one walls of text about the role playing aspects of my character :) ... He also made the time to write an absolutely wonderful narrative backstory re: NPC's (my character's parents) for me as part of the campaign.. again very rare and hard to find most GM's do not put in this time and effort ! (or at least that's been my experience anyways)...

At the risk of sending the wrong vibe here :P ... dr babylon and blahness98 equals a match made in heaven ;) ... Both are quite possibly the best players one could hope to have for in your campaign, both take the time to RP out their character's personality and do an awesome job at it at that :) .. I've gamed with 'em both before as fellow players :) ...

Blahness98
March 26th, 2014, 01:42
Well.. from the 6 votes received, it looks like Tsar is the winner. No time to get everything prepped and we will see where this leads. Thanks to those that voted for your input..

darrenan
April 6th, 2014, 01:13
Do you have enough players? I'd like to get into a game if you haven't started yet.