PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds v3.5 - now live

phantomwhale
March 11th, 2014, 10:11
Savage Worlds 3.5 has now gone live - please run your FGII updater tool to get hold of this.

It features the following changes, as well as small code improvements:

[Feature] Tokens in the Combat Tracker are highlighted when placed onto images
[Feature] Preference added to reset combat tracker targeting after each player's turn
[Feature] Card dealing now looks for "quickness raise" in effects, and redeals accordingly ("slow raise" also added, but implementation needs work)
[Feature] /xp command added for GM to award experience points
[Feature] Number of dice sides displayed on Trait dice by default; clients can disables this in the preferences
[Feature] Wound / Fatigue penalties for NPCs are now applied when rolling from the Combat Tracker
[Bug] Delete subpower confirmation not appearing in correct place
[Bug] Deleting top combatant in a collapsed combatant group no longer causes other combatants in the group to vanish temporarily
[Bug] Include bonus list in derived stats base calculation
[Bug] Unknown NPCs no longer reveal their name when playing bennies
[Bug] Prevent excess database fields being copied into skills, NPC abilities and weapons on drop
[Bug] Fixed Wild Die lookup for attack and power rolls
[Bug] Scrollbars added to currency and notes character sheet fields
[Bug] Character list drag uses character name, instead of identity code, when dragged
[Bug] Moved close image button to not block shortcut indicator
[Bug] Prevent newlines from being created when creating new list items with the enter key on attack/power/inventory lists
[Bug] Token list on export window now better positioned
[Bug] Edit highlighting added to inventory weight limit field

Ikael
March 11th, 2014, 10:32
Savage Worlds 3.5 has now gone live - please run your FGII updater tool to get hold of this.

It features the following changes, as well as small code improvements:

[Feature] Tokens in the Combat Tracker are highlighted when placed onto images
[Feature] Preference added to reset combat tracker targeting after each player's turn
[Feature] Card dealing now looks for "quickness raise" in effects, and redeals accordingly ("slow raise" also added, but implementation needs work)
[Feature] /xp command added for GM to award experience points
[Feature] Number of dice sides displayed on Trait dice by default; clients can disables this in the preferences
[Feature] Wound / Fatigue penalties for NPCs are now applied when rolling from the Combat Tracker
[Bug] Delete subpower confirmation not appearing in correct place
[Bug] Deleting top combatant in a collapsed combatant group no longer causes other combatants in the group to vanish temporarily
[Bug] Include bonus list in derived stats base calculation
[Bug] Unknown NPCs no longer reveal their name when playing bennies
[Bug] Prevent excess database fields being copied into skills, NPC abilities and weapons on drop
[Bug] Fixed Wild Die lookup for attack and power rolls
[Bug] Scrollbars added to currency and notes character sheet fields
[Bug] Character list drag uses character name, instead of identity code, when dragged
[Bug] Moved close image button to not block shortcut indicator
[Bug] Prevent newlines from being created when creating new list items with the enter key on attack/power/inventory lists
[Bug] Token list on export window now better positioned
[Bug] Edit highlighting added to inventory weight limit field

I made you few pull requests earlier. There were some bugs that I addressed, but I don't see them taken account yet :O At least my latest version (haven't tried live-one yet) break immediately when I open combat tracker. In addition checking CT effects for initiative features had small bug that can come up only with PCs. I will be checking these out when I am out of real work today

Ikael
March 11th, 2014, 17:24
I updated SW ruleset from live/stable channel and I still get the same errors/issues as mentioned above. The most critical is this one:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/combattracker_group.lua"]:11: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function

phantomwhale
March 13th, 2014, 06:53
Hey Aki,

Thanks for the updates. I got your pull requests a few days ago, but 3.5 had already been in the test stream for a couple of weeks, so I didn't want to add more stuff in. I'll get them into the next release - I am still planning semi-regular releases whilst we look into moving onto CoreRPG, especially now I can use the "Test" stream to get it out to keen / experienced users ahead of full release, so smaller, better tested releases are now a possibility.

I fixed up the error you spotted today - it's harmless, but very annoying that I let it slip past. As it's a one-line fix, I hope to get it straight into the live release stream (e.g. to all users) in the next couple of days, depending on the Smiteworks guys availability.

Cheers,
Ben

I'll get a new version up to Smiteworks tonight, and recommend going straight to live, as the change is so slight.

[EDIT] new version - v3.5.1 - now live !

Malron
March 29th, 2014, 08:26
Quick question please. I purchased SW-ruleset through Drivethru RPG. Seems like it does not update automaticly. I tried to download the ruleset again from drivethru, but can only find 3.41 there ? Any idea how to fix either the automatic update function in FG or should I contact Drivethru to ask them for updating their download link ? Thanks for help!

Mgrancey
March 29th, 2014, 11:50
Fantasy Grounds doesn't update automatically, you will see the Update button be RED when you start FG which indicates its time to run update.

Malron
March 29th, 2014, 15:15
Tried that. Did even log in via settings and my board account here and tried the update from there. Still shows 3.4.1

Trenloe
March 29th, 2014, 16:16
Tried that. Did even log in via settings and my board account here and tried the update from there. Still shows 3.4.1
Email [email protected] with details of your DriveThruRPG purchase and they should be able to add it to your FG ID so that the update function will work.

tlavalle
April 15th, 2014, 20:48
tried that but still no update.

Trenloe
April 15th, 2014, 20:54
tried that but still no update.
Did SmiteWorks tell you they had added the Savage Worlds product to your account?

tlavalle
April 15th, 2014, 21:07
sorry i saw it was live, do i have to pay for it again?

Trenloe
April 15th, 2014, 21:16
sorry i saw it was live, do i have to pay for it again?
No, you don't need to pay for it again. See my reply in the "Login for updates keeps failing" thread.

tlavalle
April 15th, 2014, 21:20
nvm i haven't heard i thought since there was post here that it was live i just thought i could get to update nothing more.

Hector Trelane
April 29th, 2014, 10:21
I just ran the update myself and am getting "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)".

I'm working on a game for "Deadlands Noir version 1.0.0 (Build 1)" so hoping these updates (which are welcome news) will be compatible.

Hector Trelane
April 29th, 2014, 10:39
No, you don't need to pay for it again. See my reply in the "Login for updates keeps failing" thread.

Okay I just spotted this thread and followed your instructions (key missing step: I had to log in under the "Settings" window, and I also renamed the previous SavageWorlds3.pak to SavageWorlds3Old.pak.

I now successfully have "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1)" and "Deadlands Noir version 1.1.0 (Build 1)". Thanks, Trenloe.

Trenloe
April 29th, 2014, 18:02
I now successfully have "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1)" and "Deadlands Noir version 1.1.0 (Build 1)". Thanks, Trenloe.
Cool! Glad you got up and running on the latest and greatest. :)

viresanimi
May 15th, 2014, 16:42
This is confusing to me. I've bought Savage Worlds ages ago, but never done much about it - But thought of giving it a go again.

My Order history says that I own 3.4.1. and as far as I can see, this is the only version you can buy. So I assume this is updateable. However. I've redownloaded it. Run updates and what not. Still only shows up as 3.4.1.

Anything I am missing here?

Vires Animi

Trenloe
May 15th, 2014, 17:20
This is confusing to me. I've bought Savage Worlds ages ago, but never done much about it - But thought of giving it a go again.

My Order history says that I own 3.4.1. and as far as I can see, this is the only version you can buy. So I assume this is updateable. However. I've redownloaded it. Run updates and what not. Still only shows up as 3.4.1.i
Have you entered your FG website username and password in the "Settings" window? Go to the "settings" screen, press the "Update" and enter your FG website user name and password. This will list your purchased "products".

Your product list should be something link this, look for DGASW3 - this is Savage Worlds:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Products%20in%20Update%20Window.JPG

ddavison
May 15th, 2014, 17:58

My Order history says that I own 3.4.1. and as far as I can see, this is the only version you can buy. So I assume this is updateable. However. I've redownloaded it. Run updates and what not. Still only shows up as 3.4.1.

Anything I am missing here?

Vires Animi

Viresanimi, send an email to [email protected] if it doesn't show up in your order history or the screen that Trenloe posted. The purchase needs to be linked to your forum account and it was possible for this "option" to be unchecked prior to check-out and therefore it would be unconnected. In the email, let me know your forum username and the order id (or receipt if purchased elsewhere.)

-Doug

Ryo
May 16th, 2014, 17:46
I found an error in SW Deluxe Player Guide (ver 3.5.1 build 1). I cannot find mind reading power in the power list page.

I wish the next release will include mind reading power.

Thanks!

viresanimi
May 16th, 2014, 17:53
With help from ddavision, I found out, that I do have the right version. It is in the campaign creation screen it displays the wrong number. I didn't know about /version... well. You learn something new every day.

Thanks for the help.

Vires Animi

phantomwhale
May 17th, 2014, 06:19
With help from ddavision, I found out, that I do have the right version. It is in the campaign creation screen it displays the wrong number. I didn't know about /version... well. You learn something new every day.

Thanks for the help.

Vires Animi

Apologies from the developer - I forget there are actually two places where the version number gets read, and forgot to update the campaign creation one for 3.5 !

Given some of the "latest version" problems we get (esp. as we've just done some big updates for FG version 3.0.x), that sort of thing really CAN'T help when we're debugging issues.

I found an error in SW Deluxe Player Guide (ver 3.5.1 build 1). I cannot find mind reading power in the power list page.

I wish the next release will include mind reading power.

Thanks!

HOW HAVE WE MISSED THIS ! Gosh, it certainly will be in the next release. Well... actually it's there right now, but the link in the powers list is missing

To access the power RIGHT NOW, simply type the following arcane command in the chat window:

/openwindow powerdesc powerdesc.mindreading@SW Deluxe Player Guide

This should open the power window - after that you can drag it's shortcut link (in the top left) onto a character sheet, and it should copy over the power with the working link.

viresanimi
May 17th, 2014, 06:26
@ Phantomwhale:

Hey... things happen and some stuff slip through the cracks. The main issue is that we found out what was wrong.

Vires Animi

Ryo
May 17th, 2014, 09:29
To access the power RIGHT NOW, simply type the following arcane command in the chat window:

Code:
/openwindow powerdesc powerdesc.mindreading@SW Deluxe Player Guide
This should open the power window - after that you can drag it's shortcut link (in the top left) onto a character sheet, and it should copy over the power with the working link.

Thank you for your help! I can see the power window.