PDA

View Full Version : Identify Items ?

phantomwhale
March 10th, 2014, 22:24
I'm coming to 4E / CoreRPG a little blind, but I recall seeing "identifyable items" - e.g. items that had a base description, and then an "identified" description - in 4E or a similar ruleset.

I ask this now as I can't find it in the 4E ruleset based on CoreRPG, and was hoping that it WAS part of CoreRPG - mainly as I want this functionality in C&C, which also builds on top of CoreRPG.

Is there an extension to do this ? Or does it exist in something else (3.5E / PFRPG ?)

I saw this on the wishlist - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81222 - but it's not QUITE the same thing as having an "identify" toggle for players.

Regards,
Ben

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2014, 22:36
It is part of CoreRPG as an option. I believe it is off by default.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 10th, 2014, 22:38
It is available in C&C as an option that is turned off by default. Enable: Options -> Game (GM) -> Item: Indentification

Oh, and it is available in CoreRPG too. :)

EDIT: :bandit:

phantomwhale
March 11th, 2014, 04:30
It is available in C&C as an option that is turned off by default. Enable: Options -> Game (GM) -> Item: Indentification

Oh, and it is available in CoreRPG too. :)

EDIT: :bandit:

Options menu ! Ah ha, knew it used to be there, couldn't see why it would have been removed :)

Thanks guys.

damned
March 11th, 2014, 04:37
So following on from the recent Combat Tracker thread can you detail how this is used so I can document it?
Thanks!

Trenloe
March 11th, 2014, 05:12
So following on from the recent Combat Tracker thread can you detail how this is used so I can document it?
Thanks!
If the option is enabled, when an item is shared with the players they see the "Non-ID Name" and "Notes" field only. Once the GM clicks on the "ID" icon (showing a red slash in a circle if it is not ID'd) all of the other fields will be shown to the players and the ID icon will have a green circle around it.

phantomwhale
March 12th, 2014, 21:59
Would be good to extend this a bit for weapons especially - players will want the encumbrance and damage of the "sparkling silver sword" even if they don't know it's +3 vrs ner'do wells

Andraax
March 12th, 2014, 22:04
I put a link to a normal sword in the unidentified section, and a link to a sword with the bonuses in the identified section. This way, they can drag and drop onto their combat section whichever one they know about.