PDA

View Full Version : Week Night C&C Game - Floating Game Nights (Tue/Wed/Thur) 8-10 PM Central

JohnD
March 10th, 2014, 05:24
Before I burn a big effort into a summary, is there interest?

Game on average every second week, one of those three nights. During the work week, a floating night is essential to my availability.

C&C starting around 1st level, part of the way to 2nd.

Respond if interested.

kwarner1986
March 10th, 2014, 13:55
Those are my three days off, so I would be interested, assuming C&C isn't Command & Conquer. I would have to learn the game. I only know 3.5 and Pathfinder rules.

Andraax
March 10th, 2014, 14:58
I'm interested.

JohnD
March 10th, 2014, 20:38
Thanks for the replies.

Perhaps my brain is still befuddled because of the time change, but to clarify - game night would be one of Tue/Wed/Thur and would potentially be different from session to session depending on my work/family commitments. I would strive to not play random number generator and maintain as much consistency as possible... essentially over time likely Tue/Thur would be 80% of the game sessions, with Wed being more of an exception rather than the rule (Wednesday is my hell day at work and I am frequently too tired to DM).

JohnD
March 12th, 2014, 04:21
Those are my three days off, so I would be interested, assuming C&C isn't Command & Conquer. I would have to learn the game. I only know 3.5 and Pathfinder rules.

Learning C&C wouldn't be a problem.

JohnD
March 12th, 2014, 04:24
I've established a campaign page for this. C&C Greyhawk Mid-Week Campaign. Would link but this Kindle is hard enough to navigate as it is.

[MODERATOR EDIT] => https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1160 <=

JohnD
March 12th, 2014, 16:31
Thanks for the Mod edit to add the URL. We have two people signed-up. Still room for a few more if anyone is interested.

Blahness98
March 12th, 2014, 23:51
Would have to read the setting, but this might sate my fantasy rpg desire for a while.. I would be completely new to the system (own the rule set for some reason) but am willing to learn..

JohnD
March 13th, 2014, 00:02
Would have to read the setting, but this might sate my fantasy rpg desire for a while.. I would be completely new to the system (own the rule set for some reason) but am willing to learn..

Welcome! I'm trying to put a summary together... should be posted tonight or tomorrow. C&C is really easy to pick up and you end up paying more attention to the situation and setting than the rules... really nice and low impact.

Edit; 2 openings left.

Belsarius
March 14th, 2014, 00:17
I am in CST and could probably play on Tuesday or Thursday, I have grad classes until 630pm on Wednesday. Where could I read up on C&C?

And hello I'm Belsarius

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 00:33
Hi - I think there's a decent Wiki but Google for Troll Lord Games and you'll get the site. C&C is basically very "old school" friendly.

Andraax
March 14th, 2014, 00:45
Where could I read up on C&C?

Castles and Crusades Quickstart Rules (https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf)

Belsarius
March 14th, 2014, 00:45
Looks interesting, how does character creation go?

Trenloe
March 14th, 2014, 00:46
Get the free quickstart rules here: https://www.trolllord.com/cnc/ccqs.html

Obviously, 24 pages can't cover everything, but it will give you an idea of the SIEGE engine (12/18 system) and the flavour of the character classes etc..

EDIT: Andraax got me! :bandit:

Belsarius
March 14th, 2014, 00:58
You all beat me to my question, I will look these over thank you

Trenloe
March 14th, 2014, 01:00
And if you're really interested, there is 2 days left in the Troll Lord Games 30% off GM day sale: https://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=86

Belsarius
March 14th, 2014, 01:06
What, if any, class do you need for your game?

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 01:10
Right now things are pretty open - just a Dwarven Cleric.

Dershem
March 14th, 2014, 02:28
If there is any chance I would love to get in on this.

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 02:32
Yeah, go ahead and add yourself to the campaign page. I'll have to schedule a character generation session I see!

Dershem
March 14th, 2014, 03:07
I'll play whatever is needed, I'm currently running 2 c&c games irl, and it will be nice to play ;) Are you using Greyhawk Airhde or a different setting?

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 03:15
Greyhawk - everything I run ends up being Greyhawk. :)

Dershem
March 14th, 2014, 04:30
Nice, Depending on what we need here are my Top 3 picks.

Human Illusionist Nobleman with a taste for the finer things. (if he can't afford them, he sure makes it look like he can.

Human Ranger or Warrior (trying to decide which fits the idea best) The lone survivor of a humanoid attack on his village, grim lookout on the world, seeks revenge on those who killed his family.

Human Rogue A happy go lucky bar-room tale spinner, when a fight start's he tends to get out of the way quickly... until he pops back up...

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 13:38
Any of those work.

kwarner1986
March 14th, 2014, 15:21
I'm down to two after reading it over the general rules.

Name regardless of class: Darren Payne

Human Fire Wizard - Specializes in making things that set on fire
Accidently burned his face when making an homemade alchemist fire.

Human Fighter/Barbarian - Skills in cooking and hunting.
Wive was murdered by his best friend and spent 10 years in prison/dungeon for it. Known as "The Butcher" for the crime.

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 15:29
Either of those are fine.

My only caveat would be that I'm keeping group size to the smaller side (5 max) and I'd suggest, as always, that the group should have basic representation from the four general traditional class groupings; Wizard/Cleric/Fighter/Rogue.

Within that, there certainly can/should be variation - for example a Barbarian instead of (or in addition to) a Fighter, or an Illusionist instead of a Wizard.

Only race/class spoken for so far is the aforementioned Dwarven Cleric... everything else is pretty open until people start making concrete decisions and entering them into the party roster.

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 16:00
Talysian - please drop me an email - have listed my address in the campaign page.

JohnD
March 14th, 2014, 22:59
One roster spot left open still.

So far we have a Dwarven Cleric of Clangeddin Silverbeard, a Half-Elf Rogue a Human Illusionist and a Human Barbarian.

Could use someone willing to play a Fighter, Ranger or Knight I suppose.

Dershem
March 15th, 2014, 13:56
Sent.

JohnD
March 18th, 2014, 20:00
Just refreshing the thread to say that there is still one spot open. So far we have:

Human Barbarian
Half-Elven Rogue
Human Illusionist
Dwarven Cleric

So I'd say we need someone who wants to play one of Fighter/Ranger/Paladin/Knight the most... although any of the as of yet unspoken for classes would be an option as well (i.e. Bard/Druid/Wizard/Sorcerer/Assassin/etc...).

Narrowed down game nights a bit - Wednesday will be an infrequent option at best - most likely will be one of (not both) Tuesday and Thursday, every 2nd or 3rd week. Campaign Page linked in one of the earlier posts. PM or post if interested.