PDA

View Full Version : #5–15: Destiny of the Sands Pt 2: Race to Seeker's Folly: Sun 16th March. 3.00pm GMT

Skellan
March 10th, 2014, 04:06
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

The Pathfinder Society has discovered the location of a powerful Osirian artifact secreted beneath the sands, but they are not the only ones who seek its power. The Pathfinders must endure the scalding Osirian desert, brave its inhabitants, and watch for hidden dangers if they are to survive. Can the PCs reach the ruins before their rivals claim the prize?

“Race to Seeker’s Folly” is the second scenario in the three-part Destiny of the Sands campaign arc. It follows Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–12: Destiny of the Sands—Part 1: "A Bitter Bargain" and is followed by Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–16: Destiny of the Sands—Part 3: "Sanctum of the Sages." All three chapters are intended to be played in order.

Content in “Race to Seeker’s Folly” also contributes directly to the ongoing storyline of the Osirion faction.

Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Server Alias: quiet turtle ugly dungeon
Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers

Please sign up on the calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1159 and post your character xml and previous chronicle sheet to this thread. To try and minimize drive-by sign-ups I will accept players once I have all the info I need.
After the session I will ask players to complete and return the pre-chronicle form to me https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq4s75gjz468vtp/y1ZT3a9p8i , so I can turn your chronicles around quickly.

Lord Kavos
March 10th, 2014, 04:48
Im in Skellan,

Supposed to DM an 'in house' PFS game on Wed for some friends, & plan to give the GM chronicle to Kayliss, so she may be 2nd level.

Will post xml & chronicle as soon as i run that.

jshauber
March 10th, 2014, 06:10
I'm in for the next part.

You should have everything from last session but if you need something let me know.

Trenloe
March 10th, 2014, 17:14
Me three! :)

Same info as last time. Although I still need to get you my corrected chronicle sheets - I'm back in Denver now so will get you those soon...

Trenloe
March 10th, 2014, 17:22
Hi folks,

Just as a reminder, North America is now in Daylight Savings (those that implement it) and the UK won't go to Daylight Savings until March 30th.

Therefore, for North American locations, this game is at:

Eastern (GMT-4): 11am
Central (GMT-5): 10am
Mountain (GMT-6): 9am
Pacific (GMT-7): 8am

Myrddin
March 10th, 2014, 21:36
Hi all. Sorry I can't make an afternoon game...evenings only for me I'm afraid. Shame, but never mind. I'm sure you'll all have more fun without the pesky, goody-goody bard anyway! :)

Skellan
March 10th, 2014, 22:04
Ok, so far we have:

Trenloe
jshauber
Lord Kavos

Myrddin, sorry this time isn't good. I pulled the time back as it got a bit rushed last time. Hopefully, doing the chronicles won't be a headache this time. If we have cracked it I will get back to running 1 session plus per week, so I will re-run this scenario n in the future, and you will most probably get chance to play it. Plus, I rather liked your Bard :)

Thanks for the timezone info Trenloe.
Someone else has signed on the calendar but is yet to post on here, so hopefully we have at least 4.

Trenloe
March 10th, 2014, 22:54
Sorry, my info is not the same as last time - I'm level 3 now! :)

I'll get you the XML soon...

Lord Kavos
March 13th, 2014, 02:18
Hi Skellan,

Here is Kayliss' xml & last chronicle (we be goblins). That means Kayliss is Lvl 2 now - Cleric 1 / Bard 1.

As she is essentially a support character, thought i'd see how a level of bard works out - hoping it will make her even more fun to roleplay (especially her new sultry dance moves that inspire more than just courage...)

The chronicle may be a bit hard to read (the favor stuff) - I used paint to enter the details, and when it saved it came out as a low-res image.

Im currently running Rise of the Runelords, and I thought it would be good to give the players a goblin perspective :)

Looking forward to part 2 - c u then.

bsktballchmp85
March 14th, 2014, 04:07
id like to be apart of this how do I do that?

Skellan
March 14th, 2014, 04:47
Hi, You would be welcome to join. Its dead late here atm, but I wil helpgetyou fixedup tomorrow
Have you played any pathfinder society games before?
There are some handy threads on this forum that may help in the meantime.
Also, this is part 2 of a three part scenario, but you are fineto play it if you dont mind doing them out of order.
speak soon

hangarflying
March 14th, 2014, 05:06
Ooo! Ooo! I'll be around to play this one! Do you need me to re-post my info?

bsktballchmp85
March 14th, 2014, 17:35
when its about game time how do I get in and where to I go to sign in to play the mission with everybody I havnt actually played a game on here yet

Trenloe
March 14th, 2014, 17:56
when its about game time how do I get in and where to I go to sign in to play the mission with everybody I havnt actually played a game on here yet
The sign in and connection details are available in the first post and in the game calendar.

You will need to have Fantasy Grounds and TeamSpeak3 installed. More information about Pathfinder Society and playing on Fantasy Grounds in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

You will also need to provide Skellen with your PFS character before the game, or decide to play a valid level 1 PFS pregen. Details on how to provide your PFS character to Skellen in Fantasy Grounds format here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game or here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

Skellan
March 14th, 2014, 20:37
if you guys can get set up with teamspeak, I could have a chat with you tomorrow about getting set up on fg etc. Are you about tomorrow?

bsktballchmp85
March 15th, 2014, 06:19
im not sure what team speak is and I have a special Olympics tournament tomorrow but I have already downloaded the worksheets but for some reason I cant open any of them? I should be able to read an email tomorrow early afternoon

Trenloe
March 15th, 2014, 06:22
im not sure what team speak is
TeamSpeak is the voice software that we will be using to communicate during the game - you will need this setup and a headset with built in mic (not separate speakers and mic as this gives bad feedback). More info here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/

bsktballchmp85
March 15th, 2014, 06:33
ok s im downloading that now but how do I roll up the character? I already know I want an elf alchemist the same thing that I play with my brother since I am very familiar with that

Trenloe
March 15th, 2014, 06:57
ok s im downloading that now but how do I roll up the character? I already know I want an elf alchemist the same thing that I play with my brother since I am very familiar with that
Follow steps 1-4 in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

Lord Kavos
March 15th, 2014, 13:01
Hi Skellan,

I missed a couple of things with the xml for Kayliss...can you please use this version?

I added a second perform skill (percussion) & added some masterwork bells (musical instrument) - which i will be buying at the start of the next session (forgot to put them on the last chronicle).

Thanks again mate

Skellan
March 15th, 2014, 13:13
As we can't get you fixed up today, I don't think we realistically have time to get you and your brother up and running in time for this scenario. I will run a low level scenario for you next time and get you both properly set up for it. Sorry about this. Don't worry though, we'll get you up and running soon.

bsktballchmp85
March 15th, 2014, 20:59
Follow steps 1-4 in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

hey I did step 1 and got an id number but for some reason I cant open the files for step 2 and if I cant do that I cant roll the charcter up

bsktballchmp85
March 15th, 2014, 21:14
ok I finally got the sheets but how to I fill those sheet in with the characters and do I need to roll all the stuff myself? and I don't see any chapters to read it just gives me the three sheets to fill out

Skellan
March 15th, 2014, 22:20
I am not sure what you mean. If you are able to get on Teamspeak now (ish) I will help you get set up :)

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 00:32
So far we have the following for tomorrow:

Trenloe Djub-djub 3
Lord Kavos Kayliss Darkheart 1
jshauber Ningirsu 3 Alchemist
hangarflying Oseph Roercheim 2

This gives an APL of 2.25. With 4 players that puts you in subtier 1-2 for tomorrow

bsktballchmp85
March 16th, 2014, 01:13
I am not sure what you mean. If you are able to get on Teamspeak now (ish) I will help you get set up :)

well that's the thing im at a hotel right now till tomorrow mid morning so the connection isn't very good and not sure how to work that team speak completetly yet. I know im being a pain but im a completel beginner when it comes to this stuff. I did step one and registered for an id number im number 128102 for pfs and I downloaded the state sheets for the characters but I have difficulty opening them it keeps saying that it cant be opened. I have team speak 3 client loaded up on my laptop but as for reading any chapters im not sure what your talking about and how do you roll up a character for the sheets for the game? that is the part im not understanding. at the hotel the internet cuts out every like 5 or ten minutes

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 01:28
No worries, I remember what it is like getting started. There's a guide to organized play that you can download on the paizo site where you got your pfs ID. That guide explains character creation etc.
Its after midnight here now and I havent got time to get you set up before tomorrows game, sorry.

I will run something for you next week when we have time to get you set up

Trenloe
March 16th, 2014, 04:39
well that's the thing im at a hotel right now till tomorrow mid morning so the connection isn't very good and not sure how to work that team speak completetly yet. I know im being a pain but im a completel beginner when it comes to this stuff. I did step one and registered for an id number im number 128102 for pfs and I downloaded the state sheets for the characters but I have difficulty opening them it keeps saying that it cant be opened. I have team speak 3 client loaded up on my laptop but as for reading any chapters im not sure what your talking about and how do you roll up a character for the sheets for the game? that is the part im not understanding. at the hotel the internet cuts out every like 5 or ten minutes
Now that you have a Paizo account - get the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4 This is a PDF document - you need to "order" it (add it to your cart and go through the order process and then download the PDF document). The document is free, but you still need to order it to have it added to your downloads.

Once you have this document, I suggest you set aside some time to read through at least the first 2-3 chapters.

Lord Kavos
March 16th, 2014, 04:57
Kayliss is 2nd now skellan - cleric 1 / bard 1

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 15:24
Ok so that's 2.5 which rounds to 3 which means that you are playing subtier 1-2 but without adjustments for party size.

Server is up by the way

hangarflying
March 16th, 2014, 15:29
I've logged in, but I don't see my character. Do you need me to resubmit my file to you?

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 21:25
Please fill this one out and send it over to me folks

Its a big help to me to get this info in one place. If you have any trouble, just let me know

Once I get this info, i will send you back a fully legal sheet

Thanks for playing everyone

Trenloe
March 16th, 2014, 21:32
Please fill this one out and send it over to me folks
Do we get 2 PP?

How much gold do we get? Djub-Djub would be out-of-subtier.

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 21:43
Djub Djub and Ningirsu get 1190gp

Kayliss and Oespeh get 515gp

Everyone got 2pp

hangarflying
March 16th, 2014, 22:28
Thanks for the awesome game! I sent my prechronicle to your email. I noted the Wisdom drain as well as the payment to clear the drain. Thanks again!

Skellan
March 16th, 2014, 23:04
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Thanks for doing the pre-chronicle. Its a massive help.

Chronicles are in this dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq4s75gjz468vtp/y1ZT3a9p8i

bsktballchmp85
March 17th, 2014, 02:04
if you guys can get set up with teamspeak, I could have a chat with you tomorrow about getting set up on fg etc. Are you about tomorrow?

ok so ive downloaded all the sheets that I could use for my character and for the mission but im still not seeing the chapters 2 and 3 that im supposed to be reading, im not sure how to roll up my character so you can see it, or where to exactly go in the team speak to get ahold of people. I have downloaded that free info but all that gave me was the character sheet and 2 types of tracking sheets.

hangarflying
March 17th, 2014, 02:26
ok so ive downloaded all the sheets that I could use for my character and for the mission but im still not seeing the chapters 2 and 3 that im supposed to be reading, im not sure how to roll up my character so you can see it, or where to exactly go in the team speak to get ahold of people. I have downloaded that free info but all that gave me was the character sheet and 2 types of tracking sheets.

If you're going to be online within the next two hours, I'll be available on teamspeak to do what I can to help.

bsktballchmp85
March 17th, 2014, 02:39
If you're going to be online within the next two hours, I'll be available on teamspeak to do what I can to help.

I have to go out and buy a headset cause you wont be able to hear me as of right now since there is so much reverb through my computer so I will be home tomorrow around 6pm eastern time if anybody can help

hangarflying
March 17th, 2014, 02:45
I have to go out and buy a headset cause you wont be able to hear me as of right now since there is so much reverb through my computer so I will be home tomorrow around 6pm eastern time if anybody can help

Sounds good. I should be available around that time, plus or minus a little here or there. I'll be up on teamspeak around that time. If something happens that I can't make it, I'll do my best to give you a heads up.

Don't know if you've got your eye on a specific headset, but I picked up a Logitech H390 for $40 from Radio Shack that's been working great

Lord Kavos
March 17th, 2014, 04:29
Hi Skellan,

Here is the pre chronicle for Kayliss.

Thanks again for the game.

jshauber
March 17th, 2014, 05:53
Here is the pre-chronicle for Ningirsu. Let me know if I missed anything.

Skellan
March 17th, 2014, 14:39
Ok, all chronicles are done and are in the dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq4s75gjz468vtp/y1ZT3a9p8i and the session is fully reported

Thanks for doing the pre chronicles. That didn't involve any of the normal wailing and gnashing of teeth that usually occurs when I do chronicles. Last time I spent 3 hours on monday evening just doing chronicles, now I can just start prepping the next scenario.

jshauber
March 17th, 2014, 18:25
Ok, all chronicles are done and are in the dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq4s75gjz468vtp/y1ZT3a9p8i and the session is fully reported

Thanks for doing the pre chronicles. That didn't involve any of the normal wailing and gnashing of teeth that usually occurs when I do chronicles. Last time I spent 3 hours on monday evening just doing chronicles, now I can just start prepping the next scenario.

That's what we want to hear!!!

bsktballchmp85
March 17th, 2014, 22:36
how do I get ahold of people on team speak? and how do I navigate around in there?

bsktballchmp85
March 17th, 2014, 23:04
how do I get ahold of people on team speak? and how do I navigate around in there?

what is our server name and password?

hangarflying
March 17th, 2014, 23:16
what is our server name and password?

Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers

I need to get dinner ready for the kids, so I'll be on in about a half hour or so.

bsktballchmp85
March 18th, 2014, 00:34

well this stinks I wanted to play as an alchemist but I don't have the option to select that and I bought the advanced and ultimate player guides

hangarflying
March 18th, 2014, 01:32
Are you talking about Hero Lab? If you got the expansion for the Advanced Players Guide, you should have access to the alchemist class.

Lord Kavos
March 18th, 2014, 07:27
Hi Skellan,

You left the wand of identify off Kayliss' chronicle - the 2 PP spent is there, just not the wand itself.

Or maybe I left it off the pre-chronicle...

would you mind fixing it & reposting the chronicle please???

Thanks again.

Skellan
March 18th, 2014, 15:33
well that was the kiss of death haha

I have updated it in the dropbox

Lord Kavos
March 18th, 2014, 15:39
Thanks mate.

BTW cant wait to play part 3 - already started having a look at "Mythic Kayliss" - some cool stuff in that book :)

chaosargen
April 26th, 2014, 19:29
hey i was wondering, im not good with time conversion and im new at fantasy grounds, i wanted to know if i could join in and at what time(im at -4) would it be for me, if it passed already then let me know either way and if i can still join in let me know, i'm free all day today

Skellan
April 26th, 2014, 23:46
Hi

This one has gone but the goblinblood dead might run tomorrow (27th) if we get numbers ... if you are gmt -4 it would be at 11am sunday morning for you

chaosargen
April 26th, 2014, 23:56
well, can i join?

Skellan
April 27th, 2014, 00:25
sure. could you send me your pfs character and any previous chronicles you may have please? if you have the character xml that would be great, if not, just send me the pdf or whatever and I will set him up in fantasy grounds.

chaosargen
April 27th, 2014, 01:35
umm. ive never done a character online before. i used the stat point purchase system. i set it as a "low fantasy" for stat purchase system, let me know if that is not the case to adjust stats or if you guys are using another system for character generation

chaosargen
April 27th, 2014, 01:37
well i just realized i have no idea how the hell to insert PDF documents into this. so yeah. just email me.

Trenloe
April 27th, 2014, 02:15
umm. ive never done a character online before. i used the stat point purchase system. i set it as a "low fantasy" for stat purchase system, let me know if that is not the case to adjust stats or if you guys are using another system for character generation
Skellan might be asleep at this point, so I'll just give a bit of guidance. The game (Goblinblood Dead) is a one-off game using Paizo's organized play rules "Pathfinder Society" (PFS). You will need to create a PC using the PFS guidelines and sign up for a PFS number, details available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29 Its all free!

Info on creating your PC in Fantasy Grounds is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

Or, if you don't have time to work out the character generation guidelines, you can play one of the PFS legal pregenerated characters.

You will also need to make sure you have Fantasy Grounds installed and TeamSpeak3 for voice, with a headset with built in mic.

I know that the above is a lot to take on to initially get started. But, if you are interested in Pathfinder Society Organized Play please take some time to familiarise yourself with the guide and get an overview of what PFS is.