PDA

View Full Version : Is Classic Monsters being converted?

dr_venture
March 9th, 2014, 22:03
Anyone know if "Classic Monsters, The Manual" is being converted to FG? I'm part way through converting this for my own use, but have run into some complications, and I'm wondering if it's worth completing the work. If somebody else is already completing this, I'll wait for their version and just purchase it. If nobody's doing it and TL will allow it as an official FG product, I may finish it for everyone's benefit. Otherwise, I'll have to decide if it's worth it to finish it for my own benefit.

Looking forward to those Crusader's Companion monsters, damned! PM me if you need a hand in some way... like maybe putting it into a final library format or coordinating icons or something.

damned
March 9th, 2014, 23:21
Hi DrV - I am slowly working thru them - couple of other things competing for time -
FG-Con website still being finalised
Prepping Red Hand of Doom for my regular game
Converting a kickstarter project (of someone elses) into a web based tool
Attempting to learn some FG coding to work on a baby ruleset
And real life of course...
I do at least one or two creatures a day but it is going slow.
Converting the properly formatted text is easy - my web form + database does that - its wrangling the original into a consistent format that is time consuming and brain numbing.

dr_venture
March 19th, 2014, 06:25
No word from anyone at Smiteworks, so I'll assume this is a just a creation for my own use, and not aim it as a commercial product. Sorry folks.

damned
March 19th, 2014, 07:09
This might be a better thread to post in - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-Want-to-produce-official-FG-products-adventures-rulesets/page20

dr_venture
March 19th, 2014, 15:11
Mainly I wanted to check with folks in the C&C community to see if anyone was working on it... I know Scott Furgeson was working on some things, and I didn't know who else. I emailed both of the Smiteworks guys directly, but no response there. I know they're super busy, but all I can to is send an email - if nothing comes back, that's the end of that.

Thanks for the link, tho! :)