PDA

View Full Version : LF 1-2 players for Anima game Friday nights (7-8ish Eastern)

Tymire
March 8th, 2014, 02:14
As above. Game will start in Archangel, Abel at the coronation of the Empress. Likely played on roll20 (I know...), and with a GM who knows the system well (not me).

Yell if interested and will add in character creation info.

Samzagas
March 10th, 2014, 18:25
I have some experience playing Anima successfully. Are you using the Exxet version or not?
I'd love to play but that's an important aspect I'd like to know before I say anything else.

Tymire
March 10th, 2014, 20:03
No to the revised core Exxet, however I know we are using Dominus Exxet (with no impossible weapons to start). I'm not positive about Arcana as made a Weaponmaster. From what I gather from the DM combat is only going to be maybe 1/4 of the game so just making a combat monster is probably a bad idea. We are looking for a group of 3-4, so being able to cover a couple areas is probably smart.

Past that use creation method 4, or was it 5, where you have 55 characteristic points (10 is 2 points, min stat 3), 5 creation points, and up to 5 disadvantages.

Samzagas
March 10th, 2014, 21:21
Sounds interesting, but how can you use the Dominus Exxet and not the Core Exxet? There will be contradictions and confusion.
I'm guessing that the Arcana must also be available otherwise mages and psions have a slight disadvantage.

Bidmaron
March 11th, 2014, 00:29
Forgive me, but what does this have to do with Fantasy Grounds?

Tymire
March 11th, 2014, 00:58
Psions have a disadvantage? LMAO that's great =P

Seriously though, I am not familiar enough with the rule changes to know the differences. However, considering Core didn't come out till 1-2 years after Dominus there "shouldn't" be that many issues. Hmmm that was for the English translations not too sure about the original Spanish ones. You would likely need to talk to the GM about it. I think your biggest worry, if you are making a wizard or psi, should be getting burned at the stake (unless you pick up Saint).

In relations to FG? It might be played on it, not positive yet. Regardless, not everyone checks every form, and I've been playing with folks on FG for years and some of them might be interested as it's rare to see anyone run it. For example I probably would ask if needed players for a SR game though definitely not a PF one.

Samzagas
March 11th, 2014, 06:17
I'd like to join anyway for it is indeed a hard game to find players for.
What I meant is that the Exxet rules were meant to be used together, the Core, Arcana and Dominus Exxet versions and not with any of the others due to some rules variations. If you have any issues, I'm a native Spanish speaker and I've played this game only in Spanish thus far so I can translate whatever you need.

To Bidmaron: This is the LFM, LFP part of the forum so it's natural to ask for players here, every system is OK.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2014, 16:16
To Bidmaron: This is the LFM, LFP part of the forum so it's natural to ask for players here, every system is OK.
I think the comment was more in regards to looking for players for a game being played on roll20 in a Fantasy Grounds forum. It is generally viewed as "cheeky" to look for players for what is essentially a competing product.

The OP has since said that the game "might be played" on FG...

Samzagas
March 11th, 2014, 17:36
I see, I didn't payed much attention beyond the fact that it was an advertisement for an Anima campaign, they are hard to get.